Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
lextune
ICEFANG
Azran
kiwi_commander
Noob-of-Artorias
Forum Pirate
StarScarJenova
LordRevan
Revoltage
IV_Mark_VI
14 posters

    Useless spells

    avatar
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Useless spells Empty Useless spells

    Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:50 pm

    Hey guys,

    So, just as the topic says:

    What are some really useless spells out there? I'm talking about the spells that are so situational they're never equipped, or so underpowered.

    Ones that I know about:
    Acid Surge
    Undead Rapport
    Poison mist
    Homeward Bound
    Great Heal Excerpt
    Seek Guidance (except for mapping out new areas)
    Hush
    Resist Curse

    I've never really used any of these. I've tried them out, but there is always something better to equip.

    What do you guys think? Do you equip any of these? If so, why? Is it just for the lolz?
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed


    Posts : 343
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-04-20
    Age : 30
    Location : EST, UTC - 5

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by Revoltage Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:51 pm

    I use acid surge and poison mist for crowd control if I have several phantoms coming at me. It makes them keep their distance most of the time, or at least manages to separate them.


    Last edited by Ziggurat91 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1076
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Location : Wandering...

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by LordRevan Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:52 pm

    Homeward I use all the time for PvE
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 221
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-08-19

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by StarScarJenova Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:56 pm

    I use the mists on my pestilence build AND they function as they're advertised. I would think maybe undead rapport.


    Last edited by StarScarJenova on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead


    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 32
    Location : International waters

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by Forum Pirate Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:59 pm

    The mists also work well for hiding a different cast, its tough to dodge a css if you can't see it coming until it comes flying out of a purple cloud.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 31
    Location : San Diego

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:02 pm

    Great Heal Excerpt isn't useless either, it only get's one cast, but the shorter cast time invaluable when you're being chased by a ganker and his 2 phantoms.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 147
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-01-23

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by kiwi_commander Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:08 pm

    IV_Mark_VI wrote:Hey guys,

    So, just as the topic says:

    What are some really useless spells out there? I'm talking about the spells that are so situational they're never equipped, or so underpowered.

    Ones that I know about:
    Acid Surge
    Undead Rapport
    Poison mist
    Homeward Bound
    Great Heal Excerpt
    Seek Guidance (except for mapping out new areas)
    Hush
    Resist Curse

    I've never really used any of these. I've tried them out, but there is always something better to equip.

    What do you guys think? Do you equip any of these? If so, why? Is it just for the lolz?

    I love Seek Guidance, especially useful for new players. Hush is also pretty good if you don't want to carry a ring, and undead report is just lolzy.

    Undead Raport FTW!
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated


    Posts : 965
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-04-25

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by Azran Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:24 pm

    Homeward is excellent for PvE. Resist Curse is handy if for some stupid reason you forgot your Curse Stones? Hush saves you a ring slot. Undead Rapport is funny during invasions.

    Acid Surge is just trolling

    I'd say pretty much all of them have a use - some aren't just useful all the time.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1087
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-07-18

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by ICEFANG Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:30 pm

    Even that one that makes a sound can kill and invader in Lost Izalith if you use it close enough to a Demon(s) and it (they) tramples them, its ironically harder now that they have much shorter LOS.
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 221
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-08-19

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by StarScarJenova Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:37 pm

    ICEFANG wrote:Even that one that makes a sound can kill and invader in Lost Izalith if you use it close enough to a Demon(s) and it (they) tramples them, its ironically harder now that they have much shorter LOS.

    The mobs can hurt invaders?
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1075
    Reputation : 63
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Age : 31
    Location : San Diego

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by Noob-of-Artorias Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:43 pm

    StarScarJenova wrote:
    ICEFANG wrote:Even that one that makes a sound can kill and invader in Lost Izalith if you use it close enough to a Demon(s) and it (they) tramples them, its ironically harder now that they have much shorter LOS.

    The mobs can hurt invaders?
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I've been killed by the dragon in the burg because the host aggroed the dragon and then blocked the way down the stairs....I got roasted...
    avatar
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:13 pm

    I've never used any of these spells; I should try them out a bit more then, but honestly, it always feel like it could be better used by another spell.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated


    Posts : 822
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by lextune Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:34 pm

    The Mist spells are great.

    They can be used to great effect...

    ....here's just one example.
    avatar
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm

    In that video, what's the point of turning into a barrel?

    Edit: is it to prevent lock ons?
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 232
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 36
    Location : Darkroot forest

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by Bamjam Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:49 pm

    ^its to prevent lockon and to hide what your next move will be. It works pretty damn well if you get a bit used to it happy.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac


    Posts : 1271
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Inside your Head?

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by Jester's Tears Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:56 pm

    Poison and Toxic mist are usefull if you need to heal. Cast (Breath) it under you and they will STAY THE FU*K away from you...
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 232
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 36
    Location : Darkroot forest

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by Bamjam Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:00 pm

    Also what some other people here sayd, the mist spells are pretty nice to cover your castings. I cant wait to get my hands on the new Dark fog spell from the PTDE. I dont got place for a pyro hand in my build, but a fog spell that can be cast with my catalyst would be sweeeeeeeet.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 2042
    Reputation : 33
    Join date : 2012-05-08
    Age : 27
    Location : Maryland, United States of America

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by SunlightCrusader Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:43 pm

    Hey spoiler tag that. Some people don't want to know anything about the dlc. However I don't think it was worth a down rep whoever gave it to him.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by WandererReece Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:27 pm

    I love using seek guidence when I try to get the blue slab, because I can see the stupid curved invisible pathway.
    avatar
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1721
    Reputation : 52
    Join date : 2012-07-30

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:31 pm

    Seek guidance shows the invisible paths? Awesome! Didn't know that.
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted


    Posts : 221
    Reputation : 15
    Join date : 2012-08-19

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by StarScarJenova Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:34 pm

    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:
    StarScarJenova wrote:
    ICEFANG wrote:Even that one that makes a sound can kill and invader in Lost Izalith if you use it close enough to a Demon(s) and it (they) tramples them, its ironically harder now that they have much shorter LOS.

    The mobs can hurt invaders?
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I've been killed by the dragon in the burg because the host aggroed the dragon and then blocked the way down the stairs....I got roasted...

    Wish I totally didn't know this!
    I learn something everyday! big grin
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed


    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by WandererReece Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:44 pm

    IV_Mark_VI wrote:Seek guidance shows the invisible paths? Awesome! Didn't know that.

    No, Actually it shows more messages, which makes it easier to see the paths.

    Sponsored content


    Useless spells Empty Re: Useless spells

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:30 am