Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
callipygias
ChizFreak
6 posters

2 New Secrets Discovered! (One of them a New Shield Attack technique) (No Spoilers)

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

2 New Secrets Discovered! (One of them a New Shield Attack technique) (No Spoilers) Empty 2 New Secrets Discovered! (One of them a New Shield Attack technique) (No Spoilers)

Post by ChizFreak Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:16 pm

While 1 is certainly a secret the other may be a bug, but anyways it's something interesting that many of us wanted to discover how to do. Now firstly, there is something important to say, one of the secrets, has some spoilers, basically it shows a very minimal part of a new area, a new enemy, and some of the info I wrote contain spoilers.

The second one, while STILL is in the same area, it's just a big darkened place, you only get to see a giant fog door at a wall, and the ground where I'm standing on because it's certainly very dark. There are no story spoilers there.

So, I will first show the (second) secret/bug that does not contain spoilers (only thing you see in the background is a giant fog door and nothing else, I DON'T even show new weapons or spells or anything):

How to perform a Shield Bash with medium shields (and possibly light too); now this isn't the normal shield bash you do when you equip it in the right hand, that it's an attack, this I'm showing is the a PROPER SHIELD BASH, much like the one BLACK KNIGHTS DO, and will BREAK GUARDS:

Video:

Spoiler:

I can't confirm if this works whether or not in consoles. This was made in the PC Prepare To Die Edition of Dark Souls.

Text-based guide (no spoilers or anything):
    Spoiler:

Now the other (first) secret is the one that some may considerate spoilers, so, while I don't think it contains spoilers except for showing a new enemy and a very small part of a new area, and some info I wrote that you pretty much have guessed by yourself but oh well. It's a Secret/Hidden Area watch it at your own risk:

Spoiler:

Last edited by ChizFreak on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

2 New Secrets Discovered! (One of them a New Shield Attack technique) (No Spoilers) Empty Re: 2 New Secrets Discovered! (One of them a New Shield Attack technique) (No Spoilers)

Post by callipygias Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Well, the shield bash thing is good info, but it isn't the only way to do it. Two times I've done it I haven't been in a menu (though both times I was holding a bow). At least now I have a way to do it on purpose!

The other thing is pretty well known already, though PLEASE DON'T ANYBODY READ IT IF YOU'RE TRYING TO AVOID DLC SPOILERS!
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

2 New Secrets Discovered! (One of them a New Shield Attack technique) (No Spoilers) Empty Re: 2 New Secrets Discovered! (One of them a New Shield Attack technique) (No Spoilers)

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Does it have any special properties?
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StarScarJenova Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 pm

You could do this with the dark hand as well for a left-handed soul syphon. I thought it was common knowledge. big grin
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:08 pm

The other is a pretty big spoiler, so I'll move it to the PC section to avoid spoiling the players who are on a blackout.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Does the shield have any special properties?
    his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by his1n- Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:45 pm

Time to spam that bash in the arena. Plank Shield bash, spam, arena.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm