Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Razielthemanslayer
reim0027
dancash1808
>Brave<
oregonav8r
dianaduh
PaPaSmVrf
Ghadis_God
Dubscythe
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Seignar
bjmacman
16 posters

<RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it?

bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

<RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it? Empty <RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it?

Post by bjmacman Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it?

I want to get this sword asap to help my new build as I know it's a great sword. What do ye think, is it worth it? I'll buy everything I need of course before I do the deed.

Has anyone done this and not regretted it? Sun

Last edited by bjmacman on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : RESOLVED)
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

<RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it? Empty Re: <RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it?

Post by Seignar Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:44 pm

If he has outlived his usefulness, there is no problem...
    (That was cold...)
    Anyways, depends if you want a little company every now and then and alivieate you of your stress by knowing there is someone more crazy than you. Don't do it. You can get the Uchi must later in the game anyways.

And if you want Lloyd's Talismans and Repair Powders and whatnot. He is the only who sells them.
    Btw, Uchigatana is a katana, not a greatsword. WHO FED YOU THIS LIE!?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

<RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it? Empty Re: <RESOLVED> Killing the Undead Merchant to get Uchigatana - is it worth it?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:47 pm

It's a katana, and, if at all possible, I'd always suggest buying from Shiva.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Seignar wrote:If he has outlived his usefulness, there is no problem...
    (That was cold...)
    Anyways, depends if you want a little company every now and then and alivieate you of your stress by knowing there is someone more crazy than you. Don't do it. You can get the Uchi must later in the game anyways.

And if you want Lloyd's Talismans and Repair Powders and whatnot. He is the only who sells them.
    Btw, Uchigatana is a katana, not a greatsword. WHO FED YOU THIS LIE!?

I think he meant "great sword" as in "it's a good/useful weapon".

Anyway, if you're chomping at the bit for a Katana then go for it, I used to do the same but found it was better to wait until I got the Iaito as the moveset is far superior to that of the Uchi.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:57 pm

It doesn't matter if you're going to NG+ for Pvp, because his repair powder and Lloyd's are useful resources. I kill him sometimes when I don't want to lose cov rank by joining the FHs but need a kat to upgrade for the Chaos blade.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:59 pm

Do as I do, get the master key as gift, and run through blighttown from new londo ruins to get the iaito (sp?), I have done this multiple times at SL1 and have yet to die makeing this run. only prob is you need 20 dex for this weapon to use effectivly. buttttt with all the proud knight souls in blight town and VoD, you can easily hit 20+ with a wanderer or thief, I hit lvl 20 before I even got to the burg.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:04 pm

LOL - no I said a "great" sword - not a greatsword. I know the Uchi can be obtained later but it fits in my build plans. I'll buy all the stuff I can first.

If I'm to buy it from Shiva I need to be in the Cat's clan, I'm impatient I want it NOW
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:05 pm

bjmacman wrote:LOL - no I said a "great" sword - not a greatsword. I know the Uchi can be obtained later but it fits in my build plans. I'll buy all the stuff I can first.

If I'm to buy it from Shiva I need to be in the Cat's clan, I'm impatient I want it NOW

It's my Uchi and I need it now!
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:09 pm

PaPaSmVrf wrote:Do as I do, get the master key as gift, and run through blighttown from new londo ruins to get the iaito (sp?), I have done this multiple times at SL1 and have yet to die makeing this run. only prob is you need 20 dex for this weapon to use effectivly. buttttt with all the proud knight souls in blight town and VoD, you can easily hit 20+ with a wanderer or thief, I hit lvl 20 before I even got to the burg.

Where (roughly) is the Iaito from the New Londo route? I tend to go straight down to the swamp and avoid Blightown in my NG+ so I forget where it is. Blightown is my least favourite place......... probably a good reason to go back and feed my dark soul addiction.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:32 pm

bjmacman wrote:
    PaPaSmVrf wrote:Do as I do, get the master key as gift, and run through blighttown from new londo ruins to get the iaito (sp?), I have done this multiple times at SL1 and have yet to die makeing this run. only prob is you need 20 dex for this weapon to use effectivly. buttttt with all the proud knight souls in blight town and VoD, you can easily hit 20+ with a wanderer or thief, I hit lvl 20 before I even got to the burg.

Where (roughly) is the Iaito from the New Londo route? I tend to go straight down to the swamp and avoid Blightown in my NG+ so I forget where it is. Blightown is my least favourite place......... probably a good reason to go back and feed my dark soul addiction.

It's right in the begining of the area, I also hate Blighttown but the laito is ok to get. It is after the 3 fatos, going foward till the end of this walkway, before crossing the first bridge, you can see an item on the other side that you can only get to it jumping. That's the laito. And obv, you must jump there to get it.
    I prefer just buying the uchigatana from Shiva, if you killed his guard, just absolve your sins and everything is fine.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:36 pm

But through the New Londo route, your only destination is directly into the swamp. Getting the Iaito requires you to enter from the Depths unless you take the hard way back up.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:38 pm

Seignar wrote:But through the New Londo route, your only destination is directly into the swamp. Getting the Iaito requires you to enter from the Depths unless you take the hard way back up.

thats what I do, Its not hard getting all the enemies to follow you and fall off of the edge to their deaths.
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:52 am

Just reading this topic makes me cringe lol...I died so many times going into Blightown my first playthrough (from the Depths). -__-
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Is the Depths most people's least favourite place? I think it is mine......once more into the breach dear friends.... it's a challenge!! :affraid:
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:35 pm

I don't mind the Depths. It's a bit of a maze, but isn't bad...descending through Blightown is probably my least favorite area.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:44 pm

I meant Blightown .....duh! :oops:
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:45 pm

Lol yeah. Blightown sucks. Not just the area design, but the frame rate :/ I just dread it all around.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:55 pm

it's a kind of love/hate relationship really. I remember the 1st time I completed it...... what a bloody relief. Promised I'd never go back, but I'm on a new char now and I want to beat it..... and beat it BAAAD!!
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:42 pm

The depths done normally isn't a maze but going through it backwards is.
    Just try it lol.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Blightown would be my most hated area and bed of chaos my most hated boss. feels like those areas got skimped on in terms of testing time.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 pm

For sure. Hate those levels and I just speed run through them.
    bjmacman
    bjmacman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by bjmacman Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:26 am

yeah - bed of chaos does not have the same quality or challenge as some of the others. must've been the students on work experience who designed that one!

Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Razielthemanslayer Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:31 am

I just killed him to get a katana for my first Dex build in dark souls. I felt bad cuz of his dying words but putting aside morality, I don't regret it xd of course I bought everything I needed from him (bottomless box, ect)
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:18 am

I killed him once and felt really bad afterwards. He's a bit of creepy really (who or what is Yulia? Could he really have a washtub as a pet?) but the poor old thing is harmless. Some of his comments when you don't buy anything are priceless. I missed him after I killed him just for that.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:22 am

I really do not see the advantage in doing things like this......
    It`s also known for some new players to kill Solair as soon as they can to retrieve his armour and weapon.
    Why would you do this? I was a white phantom in one players world who did this,when I asked him why he replied,,,,"for his armour"....Madness.
    So inpatient .......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm