Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
reim0027
bloodpixel
passivefamiliar
DoughGuy
oregonav8r
Phantasmio
Ghadis_God
dianaduh
lordgodofhell
Azran
ViralEnsign_
Tolvo
LordRevan
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Juutas
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
PaPaSmVrf
TehInfamousAmos
Lord of Ash
24 posters

END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please)

Poll

Do you fight with honor or to survive by any means

[ 21 ]
    END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) I_vote_lcap66%END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) I_vote_rcap [66%] 
    [ 11 ]
    END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) I_vote_lcap34%END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) I_vote_rcap [34%] 

Total Votes: 32
    Poll closed
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) Empty END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please)

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:11 pm

I want to know whats more important to a warrior honor or survival?

Honor: You play by the GOLDEN RULE Bowing no ganking or healing(or whatever principles make up you honor)

Survivor: You play dirty and ganking to you is no different than hunting like a pack of wolves

Or for the polite survivor you invade or get invaded then trade, after all friends are better than foes

Last edited by Lord of Ash on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) Empty Re: END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please)

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:13 pm

I believe Principle would be a better option in this case... Honour doesn't cover principles as everybodies view of what is honorable is completely different. I would say that I fight for my principles.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) Empty Re: END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please)

Post by PaPaSmVrf Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:15 pm

I checked both, to me they both have importance, and it really depends on who your fighting imo
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:17 pm

If i fight a gank/glitcher/griefer, then the only principles i have are : No glitching, kill them.

I follow my principles in random PvP and dueling, and losing isn't such a big deal. My usual principles are : to not BA fish too much, Not use glitches, not heal or run away, to not chain BS (usually i don't even attack after a BS). Those are at least the ones i can think of now.

Last edited by Spurgun on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:19 pm

I fight with what is in my opinion honor. I treat my enemy with the same respect that I would want in his/her position. If I lose I do so with honor. However if they cross certain lines such as ganking, glitching, or hacking they get no such respect. I will fight without mercy.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) Empty Eye for an eye

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:21 pm

If they play dirty I play dirtier
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:26 pm

Meh once they gank I dust off tactics such as liberal use of WoG, go for BS's, use mobs to my advantage, etc. Hackers I lead to the nearest cliff and glitchers vary by glitch. I never sink to quite their level however.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:30 pm

I believe in an eye for a nose a tooth for an ear a soul for an *** whoopin
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Honour in a sense that I'm not using the cheapest and easiest tactics only to win and I bow to my opponents. Fighting for fun, not for winning.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Fair enough.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Is this really necessary, we've been down this road already, and more than once? :|
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:42 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Is this really necessary, we've been down this road already, and more than once? :|

He's new. :roll:
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:19 pm

I have had this discussion a few times. Normally Forum is here with a nice logical statement that makes the entire discussion invalid though.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:46 pm

I've yet to see him make it invalid, only prove that to him it doesn't matter haha.

And yeah, we do have tons of these threads. Just keep it nice and peaceful though and nothing wrong with keeping it going. Just don't let people start bashing those of different views and it will all be good.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:52 pm

Im not going to pretend like I always go out to PvP with honour in mind. I like to provide other players with a pure PvP experience. I wont chain, I wont WoG stun, etc

But I honest when I say Im out there to kill my opponent.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:01 pm

Uh, this again?
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:18 pm

Tolvo wrote:I've yet to see him make it invalid, only prove that to him it doesn't matter haha.

And yeah, we do have tons of these threads. Just keep it nice and peaceful though and nothing wrong with keeping it going. Just don't let people start bashing those of different views and it will all be good.

Well I suppose the better way to put it is that his logic usually persuades me to share his belief that honor is more perspective than anything else and that each person has his or her own policies regarding it. Well to be honest I always kind of felt that way (though I will present my opinions on it too) but his logic is good nonetheless.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 pm

To be fair that is always a given. Doesn't mean we can't be upset with the actions of others, setting up social taboos is just a part of having a society. It's the reason murder, incest, and jaywalking is illegal.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:13 pm

True but sometimes it is easy to forget that just because we are firm in our beliefs or opinions does not necessarily make them fact. For example I often get hate for using DMB. From my perspective it is a valid tactic that carries its own weaknesses but to some it is a horribly overpowered ability that I am leaning on to win. I see honor there when some don't see it to put it politely. Which of us is right? Well I think I am and he/she thinks that they are. Some things are clearly taboo whereas other things fall into a gray area, a limbo of sorts. But now I have started a bit of a rant and this thread has gone off on a bit of a tangent from the original topic. I'm just going to stop now.

END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) 3149687655
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:16 pm

No so far off, part of the reason I started this thread, to see what others thought of honor and whats fair I wanna know what others think
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:24 pm

Yeah I'd say it's pretty on topic, I think we also need to remember how we are treating other people depending on who they are and their experience. A new player without any understanding of the game becomes a human, gets killed by griefers. A common experience for new players that gives them zero chance of winning, they learn nothing other than that they can't play online without dying easily, and it ends up costing them resources. From the perspective of the invader, they're just having fun and playing the game as intended. When we get down too far there is no such thing as wrong, and chaos ensues. I think we need to find a nice balance and voice ourselves better. If I'm fatrolling in stone armor with a stone knight sword with a stone greatshield to cosplay, when you invade flipping with a DMB Washing Pole swinging, then rolling away meaning I have no chance of a victory if we are evenly skilled was the DMB even necessary? To me it seems like the person didn't even wish to fight me and was just trying to get me out of the way for their next fight. I won't message them saying, "DMB? Psshh, what a nub." But all the same I might ask them why they felt the need for the DMB. When it gets to players dueling both with great gear the lines blur a bit more. But the idea of overkill can often be one that really harms other people. It gives them a feeling of being powerless and as the term describes its very unnecessary. How do we know what is overkill though is the issue.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:29 pm

In the words of certain mindless shooter games, "I aim to kill."

Depending on my build I will do it by melee/magic or a mix of the two. My only principles are I do not heal 1v1 even if my noob host does. I do not gank as a host.

If my host has 2 phantoms that I down and he runs away, of course I will use a humanity to regain hp, not a divine blessing though.

If I am boss questing with 2 random phantoms and we get invaded, it is out of my control to stop them from tag teaming the invader.

I also show no mercy to players of all skill levels. Meaning, if we are level 60 and you appear "pro" then best man wins. If you appear to just have grinded to 60 and are on your first play ever using drake sword in anor londo still, I will still pursue you madly until you're dead.

I find my aggresive play style is what leads to my victories. 9/10 I am the aggressor whether it be duels, FCs, or ruining the lives of questers. I die with my dignity, and rebirth, to fight another day.
    END OF THREAD THANKS FOR POSTING (Lock please) 3378427106
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:33 pm

i wish it waas both depending on the situation, but as i said in my last thread, im the most friendly darkwraith ever, i cant go for survival, honor is stronger :c
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 pm

survival doesnt just mean playing dirty bribes work just as well to some people im known as the invader trader
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:40 pm

I invaded? Then I'm going to kill you, whatever it takes. If I see you are new to the game and not a weirdly dressed guy rolling towards me, then you get some freebies and I jump off a cliff.

Did I get invaded? Oh boy, I am so gonna kill you. Preferably, Chameleon and Wrath of God'ed off a cliff.

In my opinion - which may be influenced by some recent history readings - the whole concept of "knightly honour" was just a circlejerk between nobles.

What you consider as "honour" is, in my opinion, just being a considerate person who realizes the ways the game is explotaible, and tries to avoid doing so to have a good time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm