Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

So many flipping tanks.....

goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

So many flipping tanks..... Empty So many flipping tanks.....

Post by goober0331 Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:11 pm

After a five month hiatus I decided to start playing Dark Souls again after seeing the new DLC (YESSSSSSS!!!!!) is to come out in October for 360. So I decided to create a new build for the SL 99 arena bracket and I'm currently lvl 73. Its a murakumo build utilizing CMW to buff and then an assortment of other weapons to use. I decided on Int since I've never used it in a build and thought why the hell not. Same with the murakumo.

So after some low lvl pvp (35-50) in the forest my build was coming along very nicely and I decided to start killing off the bosses to get to the Kiln.

Now after progressing pretty far in the main questline I figured to go back to the forest and see what was going on with my new lvl and had ten cracked red eye orbs to use, so I started invading.

After ten invasions EVERY opponent had full Havels/Giants with one of the three masks, ninja-fipping around either with one of the katanas or the MLGS or zweilander fishing for backstabs. Every single opponent had this combo and was just fishing. It was the most frustrating pvp I have encountered in this game.

Now I realize that the forest is notorious for high lvl gankers to wait and abuse lower levels, but five months ago there was some decent variation to the builds I saw. Now every player is fishing for backstabs with full heavy armor, flipping around, abusing the games lag. It has made DkS annoying to play.

I did pretty bad for my standards and only won five of the matches. Now my main Sl 136 would manhandle these players but thats no solace in knowing that EVERYONE now uses the same build, over and over again.

I really, really hope that the SL arena, along with the nerfs to the DWGR, get rid of these flipping tanks since they have completely overrun the 360 gaming community. It's really ruining such a beautiful game.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

So many flipping tanks..... Empty Re: So many flipping tanks.....

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:55 pm

If you're on XBL, look for me in the forest. I vary my builds, always host, and have ridiculous combinations.

Last night, my armour setup was:
    Havels Head
    No torso at all
    Balder leggings
    giant armour.

The "Rainbow Knight". I would do the animation where if you try to use a item that's unusable all the time. Would switch my weapons up. Normally I would win, but twice was invaded by a MoM, FaP ring with full giants gear that used every dirty trick. Lost twice... oh well! I had a blast.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:49 pm

if it makes you feel better: You wont be able to ninja flip with a 50% equip load in PTD anymore
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:11 pm

The patch can't get here soon enough... The flip-ring is the worst thing in this game in my opinion. Even the Fog Ring pre-patch was less awful than this thing, hehe. I've been medium-rolling for a bit now, and I can't go back to flipping; it looks stupid and being able to easily evade ANY attack is kind of lame.

I'm going to take a break from the game until the DLC; the amount of flipper-mask-rapier-hornets-tanks in the game has made it boring for the most part.

Prostration
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm well aware of the nerfs that are going to happen with the DLC. I just wish it was here sooner
    Bamjam
    Bamjam
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bamjam Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:18 pm

If everyone has the same build and uses the same gear, with some practise it will become very easy to find counter tactics for that and destroy them. I cant get enough of all those greatsword R1 spammers cuz i know i can get some easy ripostes and wins happy.
    goober0331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by goober0331 Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:15 pm

Oh I can easily beat a tank flipping bs fisher on my sl 136. I recently changed my setup on that character to get below 25% to be able to fast roll without DWGR, and had to change my weapon setup.

I used to use Avelyn in off hand and WP in main hand and just had more range than the tanks and could pick em apart.

Now I'm just using a buff iato or occult uchi and bloodshield in off hand. Fights take a little bit longer since I have to close the distance more and unless I get lagstabbed I win almost every time.

It is just really lame that I encounter nearly the same exact enemy every time I PVP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 am