Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
6 posters

The single most terrifying thing to ever happen to me in Dark Souls.

Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The single most terrifying thing to ever happen to me in Dark Souls. Empty The single most terrifying thing to ever happen to me in Dark Souls.

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:55 pm

So, I was wadding through the depths, on my way back to Peter Andre to have my zaphander upgraded to +10. I remembered I still needed to grab the large ember so I gandered over to my good friend, the butcher. He seemed hungry, so I gave him and his dog a nice healthy portion of the afterlife. I sauntered over to the chest, and opened it up, my nether regions stimulated in gentle anticipation... and to my utmost surprise, there was nothing in the chest. I laughed it off, thinking it was just hiding on me, but five minutes later the ember had still not appeared. After I screamed incoherently at the butcher's lifeless body for a few minutes, I had the novel idea of quitting and reloading the game, and BAM! There it was, sitting in the chest. I shooped it up and bippity bopped my way to Undead Parish, and that's the story of how Deadpool became the chosen undead!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The single most terrifying thing to ever happen to me in Dark Souls. Empty Re: The single most terrifying thing to ever happen to me in Dark Souls.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Apparently I can't post gifs... 😢
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

The single most terrifying thing to ever happen to me in Dark Souls. Empty Re: The single most terrifying thing to ever happen to me in Dark Souls.

Post by oregonav8r Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:21 pm

I would rage if something like this happened to me haha.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Haha. The best one I've seen is a video of Peeve, who apparently has a single character with 800+ hrs logged into it, and a message coming up saying Save Data was corrupted. He didn't have a backup.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:38 pm

That one dog in the Lower Burg. When I smash the barrel with the one guy in it, that dog comes careening out of nowhere. It gets me every time.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:46 pm

It's my personal motto: "When in doubt, quit/ load!"

I find it funny that the game will still startle me once in a while. Once you've beaten Dark Souls a few times, you know where everything (every mob, especially) is, so there are no surprises anymore... except when there are! Sometimes, a mob will jump at me from somewhere completely random and catch me off guard. Happened to me a few days ago, when I was just killing the Painting Guardians for fun, and one of them came out of nowhere and backstabbed me!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 pm