Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Need help re-rolling my builds

The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Need help re-rolling my builds Empty Need help re-rolling my builds

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:12 pm

It is apparent that all of my old builds are outdated and need to be re-rolled. So, a summer out of pvp and I get back in 4 nights ago to EVERYONE using pyro and/or magic. I only had 1 int build with spells and no pyro builds so I have been taking a beating. I started messing with my Chaos blade build the other night and added 3 pyro slots to see if it is viable (I always capped my dex at 37 so I could have 45 end for 77 poise, sks, and a decent shield). I held my own (not great but not horrible like the 1st 2 nights) once I added pyro to the build but noticed people I faced were casting faster than I was. Reim mentioned a youtube vid that suggested dex increases casting speed so I watched it before bed last night. Does 45 dex really make that much of a difference for casting or is there another trick that people are using to increase casting speed too? I obviously missed this tidbit somewhere along the way. Reason I ask is that I can drop 6 out of vitality to get my new build (chaos blade) back to 120, but I hesitate to drop another 8 out to get dex to 45 because if I remember right diminishing returns for chaos blade start at 37. With the 25% rule I can get to 62 poise with havel ring using my usual 45 end but I have to drop to a buckler, and eliminate the sks all together. Another thing, I will probably make a mura build at the same time, but again need to know if the 45 dex is that important. Lastly, I am probably ditching my int build all together becasue I can't hit crap with it, but was wondering if a dex nuke int build is viable. This would probably have to be a low endurance, low str, 0 poise build but was wondering if the dex increase only applies to pyro or if spell casting also increases. The Chaos blade stats I have worked out the past 2 nights, but I could use some help with the Mura stats. I am assumiong that 40/40 build (which I have yet to try) is obsolete at the 25% rule right. Thanks for any suggestions.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Need help re-rolling my builds Empty Re: Need help re-rolling my builds

Post by RANT Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:18 pm

i two hand my weapons so i instead of the 40/40 build i went with my warrior build which looks like this http://tinyurl.com/8h6th93 i always went with fast roll once i made this build since iit doesnt need the dwgr which is not gonna be as good after the patch and i have had the most succes with this out of all my builds, even my DGM.

edit; i dont think its worth going to 45 dex, 40 is more than enough. unless you go up agaisnt another pyro but really, the only time theyre gonna beat you to it is with great combust even then youre still gonna hit them because of the recovery time, go with 40 dex.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Looks good, but I would need to take 6 from somewhere to add 3 attunement slots. Endurance? This would need to be a low poise setup for me. Below 50 vit is not an option for me because I always take damage.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:13 pm

s***... can we get a tl;dr version?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:17 pm

yo dont need pyro because you have a comp bow.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:21 pm

What's tldr? I'm pretty sure the word 'short' is easier to write too..

Anyhoo, here's what i'd do with your chaos blade build.. hasn't quite got the magic 56 poise, but it's very competitive, and it's pyro will be very powerful with the set up i put on;

http://tinyurl.com/8l4wjfm

i'm aware the build probs looks like ****, so i'd personally swap out havel gauntlets so i could get a nicer looking chest piece, but thought i'd give you the cookie cutter version.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:33 pm

RantFromRant wrote:yo dont need pyro because you have a comp bow.

Not used to bows and never really thought about them. I thought they were pretty much a gimmic for pvp, no? GC hit for mid 600s last night. What kinda damage do you get from a bow (after armor adjustments) with this build? I am liking the idea though because they are fast. I may need to explore this.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Serious_Much wrote:What's tldr? I'm pretty sure the word 'short' is easier to write too..

Anyhoo, here's what i'd do with your chaos blade build.. hasn't quite got the magic 56 poise, but it's very competitive, and it's pyro will be very powerful with the set up i put on;

http://tinyurl.com/8l4wjfm

i'm aware the build probs looks like ****, so i'd personally swap out havel gauntlets so i could get a nicer looking chest piece, but thought i'd give you the cookie cutter version.

Not bad. This is what I have come up with for my version of the chaos blade:

v-58/a-14/end-45/s-16/dex-40/r-11/i-9/f-9 rofp/havel ring (I am leaning towards this one)

or 53 vit and 45 dex (suggestions here)

black iron chest/iron legs (i think)/ Iron bracelet/ and dusk crown (need to check again)

chaos blade/pyro rt hand and target shield/pyro left hand

This is really just a slight variation of my original setup but I had 37 dex 8 attun and 67 vit :shock:

I am going to check out the composit bow for my second right hand slot

I had 64 poise and fast roll at 25% too.

Last edited by The Once-Ler on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:04 pm

you get around 200 with poison arrows and 300 with large arrows. poison arrows are just to keep pressure on your opponent and hopefully make him eat purple moss and bs him or stunlock him. theyre also really good to counter backstabs.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:10 pm

I think I can fit that in for only 1 lb of weight happy Nice tip. THX!
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:32 pm

This is what I am thinking for a new int/dex nuke build. Anyone tried this and would it be viable. AR of velkas and enchanted falchion look decent and if dex really increases spell casting speed too then the spells may be as well. I am really thinking about this for post patch, but could be viable now too. I like this character planner. Never used it before.

edit...crap...it didn't save will try to re-post
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:30 pm

this is my sl 120 velkas build which will only get better with the new sorceries http://tinyurl.com/9fo72lb hope it helps
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Mine was close to that. I could not post the link for some reason. I had 28 end, 16 attune and 45 vit though. Is it viable as is? Why not the dusk crown with a heavier poise boot instead? I think I am going to try this out tonight. Everyone is using huge stunning weapons like mura, club, and zwiehander so I wonder how it will match up. Also, does dex increase magic casting like it does pyro? Thanks.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:45 pm

if you can parry is very viable or use a shield(heater), use magic to keep them away from you and chip away at their vit since it does ok damage but when you get a parry it does around 1k without hr. i personally HATE the dusk crown, itss not worth the **** magic res you get from wearing it and its really not needed, i d rather use the ring or dark crown. dusk looks good on females toon which all my builds are but i just cant stand even looking at it in a male toon, it makes you look like a tranny.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:43 pm

So.. I made the velka build last night and took it our half baked (the build not me lol) for a trial run. I am leaving it at sl 105 for a while until I see where I want the last 15 points. Notes on it:

I did not have time to get spells but did add pyro to use in the meantime.

End is at 28 and I found that to be more than enough for this weapon set (even the falchion).

I had rh velk/pyro flame and lh heater shield and pyro flame

Armor: mom/chain chest/chain legs/baldurs gaunt (22 poise imprtant because I can get to 62 poise with wolf ring if I want) Chain armor looks great (never used it before) and had decent protection for the low weight.

35 dex right now (not sure on this but I may lower it to 30 and make a copy of this for sl 100 arena play!

It didn't do much damage to wyrm's tank until I switched to rtsr then it held its own (even though I still lost lol)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:09 pm

good fights last night btw, i love that build but i go with 54 poise with wolf ring so i can bring my res up. keep the shortbow and get dex to 40.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:58 pm

You too Rant:) I am going to take dex to 40 tonight I think (if I make it on as I need to catch up on some sleep and I am not feeling all that hot today). I just realized that I can use the fury-sword 2h too this build:) I am going to play around with that and see how it does with 28 end. If it is viable then I may be tempted to get STR to 11 to use that one hand/ compound bow/ and any of the 3 weight shields. That would be well worth the extra 2 stat points I think, though I would have to go with even lighter armor. I am going to play around with that in the planner (that planner is awesome).
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:25 pm

From what I've read Once-ler It seems you'd favor a straight forwards 2h quality mura, 28/40 or there abouts over a true dex pyro. The great thing about quality builds is you can use diverse weapons, Winged Spear is a solid choice as is SKS, you can still use many dex weapons (Any Kat, BSS, Falchion ect.) and the honest truth is that composite bow HURTS.

However if you want to cast spells as part of your plan to win a fight, rather than use them to support your melee(that's what quality bow is for, it supports your weapon) then you do need 45 dex.

GCFB Running attack, that's a basic combo from pyro, works best with the Great Scythe and Liato as they have beastly running attacks anyhow, and can dead angle if you're a bit too far. Kick GC is FREE damage, and it only works at 45 dex. If your opponent has high poise, you can make them take two hits from fire tempest, and if you can poise tank one of their swings Parry-Tempest is as much if not more(if it double hits) than a riposte from a non hornets non crit modified weapons.

Thats what the 45 dex is for, Actively using spells to deal a ton of damage. If you're looking more to support the weapon you choose to swing around, a bow would serve you much better. I would note it's still generally going to be worth having a single spell slot for either GC or the "thing that's new that I might not be allowed to spoil in this thread"

INT on the other hand, sorcery in general doesn't currently feel like it needs dex at all to be competitive, it has strong combos, zoning tools, area control, and CSS is one of the best non Backstab roll punishes in the game. For that It's about as simple as 44INT, buff a thing if you want, carry around a +5 Enchanted of your favorite weapon or the MLGS and go to town
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:24 am

Jansports wrote:From what I've read Once-ler It seems you'd favor a straight forwards 2h quality mura, 28/40 or there abouts over a true dex pyro. The great thing about quality builds is you can use diverse weapons, Winged Spear is a solid choice as is SKS, you can still use many dex weapons (Any Kat, BSS, Falchion ect.) and the honest truth is that composite bow HURTS.

However if you want to cast spells as part of your plan to win a fight, rather than use them to support your melee(that's what quality bow is for, it supports your weapon) then you do need 45 dex.

GCFB Running attack, that's a basic combo from pyro, works best with the Great Scythe and Liato as they have beastly running attacks anyhow, and can dead angle if you're a bit too far. Kick GC is FREE damage, and it only works at 45 dex. If your opponent has high poise, you can make them take two hits from fire tempest, and if you can poise tank one of their swings Parry-Tempest is as much if not more(if it double hits) than a riposte from a non hornets non crit modified weapons.

Thats what the 45 dex is for, Actively using spells to deal a ton of damage. If you're looking more to support the weapon you choose to swing around, a bow would serve you much better. I would note it's still generally going to be worth having a single spell slot for either GC or the "thing that's new that I might not be allowed to spoil in this thread"

INT on the other hand, sorcery in general doesn't currently feel like it needs dex at all to be competitive, it has strong combos, zoning tools, area control, and CSS is one of the best non Backstab roll punishes in the game. For that It's about as simple as 44INT, buff a thing if you want, carry around a +5 Enchanted of your favorite weapon or the MLGS and go to town

Thanks for the post. I may make a mura build similar to this. It will be interesting to see how the str and high weight weapons builds hold up after the dlc. I do like the idea of spells as support. I have not had a ton of luck with my int dex build yet because Velkas does little damage to high armor tanks ( which I have been running into lately. I can't seem to hit much with spells either, but I am going to stick with it. Just brought dex to 40 and I increased str to 11 for compound bow and fury sword. This seems to have potential.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:50 am

This is what I am thinking for sl 100 arena build

http://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=2625963152429682

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am