Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Chaos blade self-damage countermeasures (and general advice if you want)

xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Chaos blade self-damage countermeasures (and general advice if you want) Empty Chaos blade self-damage countermeasures (and general advice if you want)

Post by xSomax Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:21 pm

As the title indicates, i'm looking for opinions on the best way to counter-act the self damage done by the chaos blade :weap-chaos: . i'm currently going for a form of faith/dex hybrid, so as to use WoTG. soon as i hit 28 faith though its going to be a straight dex build, as i don't intend to join the princess' guard covenant. its mostly for PvE and Co-op. so? any thoughts on how to counter-act the self damage? or just general advice in particular. keep in mind, i don't intend to change my weapon, so please refrain from telling me to do so. if you need more detailed information on my gear, or stats, feel free to ask. thanks for your help in advance, and may your adventure's go smoothly!

Praise the Sun! Sun
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Chaos blade self-damage countermeasures (and general advice if you want) Empty Re: Chaos blade self-damage countermeasures (and general advice if you want)

Post by Pratix Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Well at high hp you'll barely notice it. But try the Paladin shield. Theres not many way so play carefully. Also I don't think Bs do damage to you.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Chaos blade self-damage countermeasures (and general advice if you want) Empty Re: Chaos blade self-damage countermeasures (and general advice if you want)

Post by xSomax Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 pm

thats one of the things i thought of, but the health regen is a little low for continual use. thanks for the answer though, and theres a high probably i'll do it, if i can't find another way
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Replenish. It regenerates 600 hp over 1 min if I remember correctly, so it will counter the damage and then some.
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:40 pm

But it requires insane faith I think. And I just realized, I GOT ONE REPUTATION!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:42 pm

16 faith, so not much at all. Its the aoe version that takes really high faith.
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Oh okay, I was mistaken. And where do you get this miracle you speak of?
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:46 pm

You get replenishment from saving Reah of Thoruland in the Tomb of the Giants. that is also one of the possibilities i thought of, and probably the strongest one. as i was going for about 28 faith for WoTG anyways, that seems like a good choice to me. anyone have anything else? again, i'm not joining the princess' guard covenant
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Sanctus will help a bit, but not much. It would make a difference in longer fights though, the 2 per second adds up.
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Oh thats the name of the shield. I called it Paladin Shield. Derp.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:52 pm

indeed. i knew what you meant though. it does drop off of paladin leeroy after all. so these are the only 2 options?
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Basically. If you're invading it doesn't matter much. And have a backup just in case.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:59 pm

The other healing miracles if you can pull them off. If you can poison or toxify your opponent though, their hp will drain just as fast as yours will, so it would be a good offset, if one of a different kind.

Knives, and arrows will poision and dung pies for toxic.

IDK what the build is, but if you have the str for the largeclub as a backup putting rotten resin on it will poision the foe in 1 shot, even if their invincibility frames soak the hit. The resin on a dagger will poision them in a hurry too.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:19 am

good advice, but as i said in the beginning, its not a PvP build. on the other hand i carry around poison knives just in case of an invasion. my build is mainly focused on progressing through the game, and helping others do the same.

honestly the main focus of my build is to parry/riposte, or just plain back-stab, and then timing the R2 to hit while the enemy is getting up. i've found its surprisingly effective against PvE opponents. mind you i do use a shield, so I 1H the chaos blade. honestly, this playstyle doesn't work in PvP due to lag, so i just don't pvp for the most part, though i will challenge people who invade me
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:25 am

I'd only use it for bosses then.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 am

its actually a fairly good weapon, you just need to understand the timings on everything, and have 10 humanity to boost the damage. anywho, now that we've got that out of the way, what should i use for armor? i've been using the wanderer's set since the start. wondering if theres a better set for this.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:33 am

whats your end and ring set up? and what shield? do you have a sl cap?
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:38 am

i don't really care about the soul level cap. my endurance is 19(i'll probably level it some, after my faith) and as for rings, at the moment i am using the wolf ring and blue tearstone ring, for lack of a better ring. i was planning to get the darkmoon one, but i joined the daughter of chaos covenant and already gave it some humanity. if you've got a suggestion for another ring i'd love to hear it lol. prolly RoFaP. as for my shield, i prefer grass crest due to the stam regen, but i can work with anything, given it has higher than 95% phys resist

*edit" not darkmoon the dark wood grain ring. from the forest covenant area
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:48 am

I'd probably go wanderer hood and hands, balder chest and feet to keep the fast roll atm. Might have been hollow warriors feet though, anyways wanderers is really good if you're not worried about poise, don't need as much for pve.

big hat, dingy chest, steel hands, maiden skirt is really good to if you use the wolf ring to bring poise up so you're not stunned by everything, its light too, but I think its to heavy for 19 end with your weapon so I wouldn't use it untill you can keep a mid or fast roll.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:51 am

of the 2 sets you mentioned, which one can take more hits? i may not be the worst player ever, but i still mess up, and i like a buffer just in case i do get hit
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:11 am

without being stunned or without dieing? Its the second choice either way, the second choice is one of the better total defences that light/medium armor can have. A bit lacking in straight physical. but it only weighs 16.8 units so you have some room for a backup weapon.

big hat, giants hands and chest and maiden skirt is the best total defense combo I'm aware of, but its heavier at 19.4 units. if you use havels ring you can still mid roll at 19 end, so the dwgr will let you fast roll but you won't have the weight for a backup without upping end.

Still, wanderers is a good set, just adding the elite knight chest and boots and the wolf ring will be more than enough for pve and elite knights is easy to get.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent, I'll summarise.

Wanderers hoods and hands and elite knights chest and feet is good and easy to get.

big hat, giants chest and hands, maiden skirt is probably the best outright but its not available untill late game.

big hat, dingy chest, steel gloves, maiden skirt it good and fairly easy to get if I remember right but it lacks poise.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:36 am

i see. thank you for the detailed information, i don't like being told XXXX is best without some form of evidence. it sounds like solid advice to me.

thanks for the help guys(or girls, i dunno) that was bery informative and helpful. i see that the community around here isn't just a bunch of trolls trying to mess people up, and i honestly respect that. for my first topic, i got really useful information that i hope to pass on to others.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 pm