Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Anonymous Proxy
Rifter7
RCPD_STARS
befowler
e82
ICEFANG
Spurgun
OrnsteinBro
Pesth
Uparkaam
Purity
Tolvo
Knight Alundil
Wade_Wilson
Gaxe
Seignar
Glutebrah
callipygias
ChizFreak
23 posters

Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content?

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content? - Page 3 Empty Re: Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content?

Post by ChizFreak Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:Still, that sounds awesome. The fact that it's buffable saves it. THYME TO MAYKE A STOAN GUARDYUN BWILD!

I'm already doing it silly, along with my Gough Build.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content? - Page 3 Empty Re: Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content?

Post by OrnsteinBro Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:28 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Uparkaam wrote:The Abyss guards are just the regular enemies with the weird head in the Oolacile Township area.

No, those guys are actually the Oolacile people transformed because their humanity went wild. And they are nowhere something called Abyss Guards.

I think the abyss guards are the floaty humanity guys.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:48 pm

I've got a basic / stupid question about the anticipated console DLC: do we know if I will be able to use my existing characters and just head to the new DLC content, or will I need to start a brand new character?
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:26 pm

^That's been asked a few times before, and though the answer always seems to say that you will be able to move right into the DLC with your existing characters, I get the feeling that people aren't really sure. I could be wrong, so if anyone is confident about this then please speak up.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Considering the way it's set up (I wont spoil it), the way you enter the new content slots right in to the existing areas. It hasnt crossed my mind once since I got the pc version that I wont be able to take my existing characters in.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:49 am

Though if they do fix a lot of the bugs and patch a certain box, it would be interesting if they wiped the characters to reduce on griefing and get rid of already glitched characters. I'd appreciate it, but I'm sure most would just quit so I doubt they'll do that.
    RCPD_STARS
    RCPD_STARS
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RCPD_STARS Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:21 am

I am OK with that, and I have 10 character slots filled up, each with a minimum of 60 hours of pvp and farming. I enjoyed that about picking up the PC version. Everyone started on equal footing.

In a way, I feel like removing the BB glitch, but not wiping characters is sort of unfair to people who are just getting into the game.

Its like saying: "Welcome to dark souls, you can't cheat because cheating is bad, and it ruins the game. Just wait until you get invaded and you'll see lol"

Would everyone really quit?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:34 am

A lot of people would, because even for those who don't glitch, it's losing all of your hard work. Imagine you got the game a bit before the update, you are almost to Gwyn and your character gets wiped. Well, time to beat the whole game again.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:49 am

i made a new character to see how long it would take to get them to maxed out gear.

was not impressed. i'll probably swap back to xbox if they nerf the bbg.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:00 am

o_O... I'm totally like the only person in the world who doesn't use the BBG apparently... lol. I've youtubed it and that just seems like a lot of work, plus I never keep any boss souls. lol. I have 3 characters at 120, and one at 229 with no BBG.

<----Is apparently a King
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:02 am

I use it, but I'm actually in the boat with those who want it removed. Until then I'll use it, but I'm hoping that they definitely patch it for Consoles.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:52 am

I had also assumed we'd get to keep existing characters on the console, but was curious if there was anything official about it. Even if folks get to keep BB glitched characters, removing all the glitches will obviously help in the long run, such as when folks finally run out of the DBs. Also excited to see how all my hated lightning rapier hornets BS artist foes do when almost every single one of their favorite items gets nerfed. Tee-hee!
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:22 pm

No other patch has required you to restart characters happy
    Christoph
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Christoph Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Two things: 1. I truely hope that they fix the bugs. One resetted my NG counter...

2. About this "No more stuff to find": I could swear that NO ONE of you got the bodyguards DWGR by using the Black Eye Orb from Shiva to take revenge for him and kill his guard.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Christoph wrote: I could swear that NO ONE of you got the bodyguards DWGR by using the Black Eye Orb from Shiva to take revenge for him and kill his guard.
    No one of me certainly did, since I'm not sure what you're talking about. (Unless it's the content they decided not to include.)
    Christoph
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Christoph Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:17 pm

callipygias wrote:
    Christoph wrote: I could swear that NO ONE of you got the bodyguards DWGR by using the Black Eye Orb from Shiva to take revenge for him and kill his guard.
    No one of me certainly did, since I'm not sure what you're talking about. (Unless it's the content they decided not to include.)

You got me^^. You are indeed unable to get it without glitching, but normally you shouldn't even be able to get DWGR since they replaced the event with the speech about Sif. Out of time problems they did use the script of Lautrec, making the bodyguard able to drop the ring...

Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:21 pm

whats this guy talking about? you're talking about the fap ring and lautrec man, not the dwgr.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeh man I have no idea what your point is lol
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Shiva had a storyline that was cut. It was found in a text dump, I think. The Shiva quest was similar to Lautrec's.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:55 pm

callipygias wrote:Shiva had a storyline that was cut. It was found in a text dump, I think. The Shiva quest was similar to Lautrec's.

Yeh but... you said "no more stuff to find"... kay.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    callipygias wrote:Shiva had a storyline that was cut. It was found in a text dump, I think. The Shiva quest was similar to Lautrec's.

Yeh but... you said "no more stuff to find"... kay.
    That was the other avatarless guy.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Call, maybe you should grow a mustache to make yourself more distinguished.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:30 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    Uparkaam wrote:The Abyss guards are just the regular enemies with the weird head in the Oolacile Township area.

No, those guys are actually the Oolacile people transformed because their humanity went wild. And they are nowhere something called Abyss Guards.

They are named Abyss Guards in the PtDE artbook. But it might as well be a translation error.
    Lickingodliness
    Lickingodliness

Post by Lickingodliness Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:45 am

Here's my take.

I don't think any of us ever expected any DLC for Dark Souls. I think it's extemely awesome we are getting some.

3 Areas, two of them new, 4 bosses, an arena, new weapons, spells, and armor,

for 15 bucks???

Most games wouldnt give you half that for 30 dollars.

I think the reason why it feels short to you is because you love this game so much and like us, want to play it forever.
    mrkekz
    mrkekz

Post by mrkekz Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:05 am

dont know whats wrong ... in my opinion from did a HUGE service to the fans for importing it to the pc and adding new content ... cant remember any other developer who would do this nor did this !! So just be glad that there is good guy fromsoft Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content? - Page 3 3149687655 Either FromSoft or Namco lied to us... new content too short? very little new content? - Page 3 3149687655

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 am