Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Gazman0169
IV_Mark_VI
ViralEnsign_
cloudyeki
Razielthemanslayer
RedderAI
10 posters

I'm ..... Alive?! 0_0

RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

I'm ..... Alive?! 0_0 Empty I'm ..... Alive?! 0_0

Post by RedderAI Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:18 am

I know a little tl;dr but it was epic and jut bear with me with this wall of text. Imagine want I must have been feeling. It was like an all new experience. I loved it.

Earlier today I was working on Cairan SL 99 build and I just started out and kindled the burg bonfire so I was human. I was farming the hollows in the area and I d up gettin invaded by a full Catarina Onion Armor wielding a Serpants GS. I of course was at SL12 not even having enough endurance to wield anything but my shortsword and short bow while maintaining fast roll. A back stab would only do about 50 dam give or take. He just kept chain bs me after awhile with his fists (which did 0 damage). I didnt want to die so I kept on keeping on. He then pulls out his uber weapons and starts to chase me down. I started bookinging it up the stairs past the burg bonfire down the bridge and took a leap of faith toward the BTSR and landed and then forgot about the black knight. I then managed to get past him with a quick dodge then book it up the stairs only to run into onion man and the undead mob. I quickly dodge the spear undead and the onion guys attack. I dodge to te stairs leading up to the Taurus demons tower totally forgetting the big flaming barrel at the top. I see flames coming towards me and dodge off the the broken railing thinking I just jumped to my death to get the nightmare over with but instead landed on the ledge below it. The black knight followed me off but fell To his death. I took a running jumping over o the other ledge thanking the gods and onion man fell tryin to follow me. I then preceded to kill the mobs and then when all was calm I put my controller down and I THINK took my first breath of that whole match.

I think I also peed my pants a little.
    Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

I'm ..... Alive?! 0_0 Empty Re: I'm ..... Alive?! 0_0

Post by Razielthemanslayer Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:46 am

SUCH GLORY!!!! X3 Congrats bro, totally worth a thread!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:47 am

Give this man some upvotes. And possibly a pad for his couch >_>

This thread is now an "I survived a lopsided invasion" thread.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:02 am

Dear god it was epic. I knew I couldn't win by damage sakes so I could only think of those jumps that are easy to die doing as the only means of killin him without initiating the Taurus demon fight. Augh I almost want to do low SL hosting. It was fun.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:21 am

I miss those feelings of total exhilleration and fear.... but sadly I havent felt that in a long while. Perhaps after I clear Borderlands and lose all semblace of RPG co ordination that might return.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:23 am

A good idea would be to drop your best gear at the end of an area, use a shortcut to go back to the beginning and become human, and then run through it and try to reclaim your gear while surviving invasions.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:28 am

Damn that sounds like a good idea
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:38 am

Put your stuff in the parish, then trek through from the burg twisted
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:03 am

@Viral: is that because you use the BB glitch? Or because you don't mind if yo udie? Or because you run to the end of the level? If you have stock gear you can't beat a griefer, unless you can knock him off a cliff...
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:35 pm

That reminds me of the time I lead a Dragon Headstone Glitcher on a merry dance around the platforms of the lower-Depths. It started from the arena area near the bonfire, and ended up with me jumping across the ledges above the waterwheel like a piggin stuntman, before my hunter eventually fell to his demise. I still get a buzz thinking about it, and like you I had to put down my controller afterwards on the count of it being so mentally draining. big grin
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Haha, I tried that with a pair of high level hosts I invaded with my lvl 3 (Raw+5 reinforced club FTW), but they refused to fall. Eventually they caught me after going over those branches 4 times and killed me. Darn! They were both around lvl 150. So... not alive. But tried!
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:35 pm

hey, i remember you mark. your the guy who invades in anor londo. you killed me the first time but when you invaded the host i was co-oping with, you died XD

i was blockatiel, cuz i can't go online on my xbox-live for some unknown reason.

to be honest, i can't pvp for **** due to the lag. i'll be behind someone and they'll suddenly be backstabbing me. after that they sit there and breath fire on me, and i can't do crap. thats why i prefer to co-op XD

i don't have any stories like your guys' though. unfortunately i don't get invaded often and when i do, i lose miserably.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:44 pm

xSomax wrote: unfortunately i don't get invaded often and when i do, i lose miserably.

There is no such thing as losing miserably. Only a gloriously quick defeat, if you are like me. It is not my fault that my strategy of breaking invaders weapons by thrusing my abdomen on to them has yet to work. I will keep trying and I will taste victory...
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:51 pm

to be fair, i don't lose to the player, i lose to terrible lag. when i get invaded stuff jumps around heavily and i get backstabbed when he's 4 feet in front of me. if there was less lag, i'd probably have a fair chance.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:58 pm

I do remember you Block! I was using a lvl 50 Pvp that I hadn't put a lot of thought or time into. Stone armour, lightning spear, some pyro but not fully upgraded. I don't remember it lagging.. there's always some, but coop is just as much I believe. It uses the same system doesn't it?

My connection is very good, and I don't notice lag from other people often. Not much anyways.

Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:00 pm

well, in co-op theres lag, but its not as noticable because your more focused on the enemies, rather than eachother, so it isn't as big a problem.
    dianaduh
    dianaduh
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by dianaduh Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:16 am

o the feeling of getting darkwraithed
    i still get this feeling when i'm not looking for duels
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 pm

[quote="xSomax"]
    to be honest, i can't pvp for **** due to the lag. i'll be behind someone and they'll suddenly be backstabbing me. after that they sit there and breath fire on me, and i can't do crap. thats why i prefer to co-op XDquote]

The backstab area, that you've gotta be watching.. is just look strait down on your character. You see that 360 degree part around him. Now about 5-10 Anor Londo's out, thats where the backstab area ends. Just don't let anybody get in that radius.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Quote fail. Missing bracket on the end quote.

And... I don't understand that post... at all... 5-10 Anor Londo's out? What the heck does that mean...
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:08 pm

I think the point was the area of concern for a backstab in PVP is anywhere and everywhere due to lag.

I wish you could put your armor on backwards (ala Kriss Kross) that way when someone is back stab fishing they are actually moving right in front of you for a slap in the face.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:45 pm

i think it would be cool if your shield blocked back-stabs while you were 2-handing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm