Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
reim0027
getsin
SunlightCrusader
FexDS
Lord of Ash
sonofartorias
VinheimProfessor
lordgodofhell
Cheesinator
Mr. Tart
StockpileThomas
bmurn
Dante_000
goober0331
ssss_2_is_pwnage
OrnsteinFanBoy
FruitPunchNinja
IV_Mark_VI
Rynn
Knight Alundil
Isirith
Mordreid
roanispe
Desiani
Hellion7776
Ghadis_God
Siegfried.
WyrmHero
somnam
cloudyeki
Tolvo
DoughGuy
Krasouski
ViralEnsign_
callipygias
Forum Pirate
Peaceful Wollyhop
41 posters

trolololololo

Poll

Why do you think people grief in Dark souls pvp?

[ 6 ]
    trolololololo - Page 12 I_vote_lcap8%trolololololo - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 26 ]
    trolololololo - Page 12 I_vote_lcap37%trolololololo - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [37%] 
    [ 9 ]
    trolololololo - Page 12 I_vote_lcap13%trolololololo - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 9 ]
    trolololololo - Page 12 I_vote_lcap13%trolololololo - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 21 ]
    trolololololo - Page 12 I_vote_lcap29%trolololololo - Page 12 I_vote_rcap [29%] 

Total Votes: 71
    Poll closed
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

trolololololo - Page 12 Empty Re: trolololololo

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:36 pm

The admin of this forum told a user that they disgust him. That's a pretty bad flame there i'd say.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Think of it like being scolded by a parent.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:38 pm

You think "You disgust me" is an appropriate response to a child acting out of order? No man, that's not even remotely right.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:39 pm

If the child did something that out of line, if my child were to beat up smaller children. Yes, I would be disgusted with them.
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:39 pm

In creating this thread along with the poll I feel a lot of responsability for the outcome of it so:

1) The poll for a start was only half serious the last answer kinda gave that away. I also said in my first post through an edit quite early on that if your opinion wasn't one of the answers then to just post your opinion in the thread which most people have so I'm not sure why people have had a problem with the poll.

2) I think some people have taken this to far and too personaly; they feel that as a griefers should not get negative attention. Well griefing in itself is a negative thing hence the name of it. Some people have said that it griefers way of having fun but the outcome and generalisation of that lies with the person it affects. In this case people at the other end of griefing are affected negatively so it is negative. My opinion is that negative actions are the first step to becoming a negative person but people have jumped to the conclusion that if people hate griefing then they hate the person. I think some of us have over exaggerated this, people face of will say they don't like the person who is causing them grief, but they obviously will not hold that grudge and hate that person for the rest of their lives and condem them for it. But This is to be expected for griefers; if you going to do negative actions then expect a negative response.

3) I've decided I'm not going to lock this thread. If people want the topic to stop then all they have to do is stop posting. Also, I'd rather that everyone can work it out between themselves and come to a general conclusion.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Tolvo wrote:If the child did something that out of line, if my child were to beat up smaller children. Yes, I would be disgusted with them.

And if the smaller child picked the fight?
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Peaceful Wollyhop wrote:In creating this thread along with the poll I feel a lot of responsability for the outcome of it so:

1) The poll for a start was only half serious the last answer kinda gave that away. I also said in my first post through an edit quite early on that if your opinion wasn't one of the answers then to just post your opinion in the thread which most people have so I'm not sure why people have had a problem with the poll.

2) I think some people have taken this to far and too personaly; they feel that as a griefers should not get negative attention. Well griefing in itself is a negative thing hence the name of it. Some people have said that it griefers way of having fun but the outcome and generalisation of that lies with the person it affects. In this case people at the other end of griefing are affected negatively so it is negative. My opinion is that negative actions are the first step to becoming a negative person but people have jumped to the conclusion that if people hate griefing then they hate the person. I think some of us have over exaggerated this, people face of will say they don't like the person who is causing them grief, but they obviously will not hold that grudge and hate that person for the rest of their lives and condem them for it. But This is to be expected for griefers; if you going to do negative actions then expect a negative response.

3) I've decided I'm not going to lock this thread. If people want the topic to stop then all they have to do is stop posting. Also, I'd rather that everyone can work it out between themselves and come to a general conclusion.

In response to your 2nd point:

You realize there are alot of people out there who would class invading in any form to be a type of griefing?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:42 pm

If the smaller kid picked the fight, I'd say they should have known better than to beat up a small child.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Okay this is a bad example, because now you're comparing new players to small children and expecting the acts of violence towards them to equate the same. That doesn't really add up when we're talking about Dark Souls.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:44 pm

Let's not qualify behavior please. Just PM the admin if you have some disagreement.

Also, right or wrong in real life it's certainly subjective. Many people can agree that killing someone it's bad, but what about the others? Why are they bad? let's not get into philosophy here, but really, in smaller terms (i mean in a videogame), right or wrong it's subjective too, the a part community believes something is wrong, ok, people are still doing it, ok deal with it. Because that's how it works. Life it's not a democracy. Neither are videogames. And I like that. Because I can certainly say that there are more stupid people than smart people in the world, that means that everyone can do as he pleases, as long as he can deal with the consequences imposed by the society he lives on.

I take videogames seriously, and I can say that I agree with Alundil in most terms. When playing multiplayer games, you're playing with people, and all morality principles you follow IRL, can be applied how you want to the game. Some people even play differently to how they are IRL to experience how is the other side of the coin.

Last edited by ChizFreak on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Also, anyone arguing the point that low level invasions were not intended, and that sin can only be accumulated through being a DW might be interested in this -

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dark-souls/149412-darkmoon-blades-confirmed-no-sl-restrictions-invasions.html

Edit: Ah, disregard this. I read further through the post to discover it was actually a glitch. Disregard this point please.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:47 pm

The only problem I have with griefers (People who are my level come at me with a +5 chaos blade, a mask, and darkwood ring. When they are level...gee I don't even know 40?) is the fact they act like they're hot stuff when they kill a character that is nowhere near pvp ready.

Then I respawn and say, "Well that sucked...kinda wish I had an indictment. That might help a higher level darkmoon find these guys." Though its funny when you end up killing them.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Rudmed wrote:The only problem I have with griefers (People who are my level come at me with a +5 chaos blade, a mask, and darkwood ring. When they are level...gee I don't even know 40?) is the fact they act like they're hot stuff when they kill a character that is nowhere near pvp ready.

Then I respawn and say, "Well that sucked...kinda wish I had an indictment. That might help a higher level darkmoon find these guys." Though its funny when you end up killing them.

I don't mean any offense, but at 40, unless you're a newbie, you should be very prepared to face anything. All the equipment you mentioned can be easily acquire before level 40, except for the Chaos Blade, which just requires a level 10 katana and the soul of Quelaag. Also at level 40 you should be (as a standard) in Anor Londo, which the 50% of the game already.

The guy had powerful equipment? Yes. Should a level 40 be prepared to face those items? Yes. Darkwood grain ring is acquired by killing 2 npcs in the forest, easy as hell. Mask is acquired by killing pinwheel, easiest boss in the game, Chaos Blade is acquire by getting a +10 Katana and the Soul of Quelaag to the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo. At 40 you should already in Anor Londo. Also there is no way you know how much upgraded was his weapon unless you asked him.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:06 pm

This thread has moved past its usefulness. Also to clarify the term flaming and to separate it from opinion.

Flaming is baseless insults such as:
    "Get out of here noob, no one likes you"
    "Xbox players are ***"
    "Why don't you go back to wherever you came you griefer idiot"

Notice how they all involve labeling slurs and are typically devoid of any rationale and are instead knee jerk responses.

When someone lays out a carefully crafted opinion explaining their feelings on a matter and why they feel that way and takes it further by providing a relevant metaphor, saying that someone's behavior disgusts them is not a labeling slur. It is an honest assessment of a situation. It is no different than when a poster says "I hate the way the admins run this site, because of xyz." We don't suppress any kind of statements that come accompanied with clarity of thought from the community. We always try and remain as objective as possible but we are also human and will have distinct opinions ourselves especially as it comes to preserving the integrity of the game. It does not mean we cannot continue to have productive and meaningful dialogue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 am