Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
reim0027
getsin
SunlightCrusader
FexDS
Lord of Ash
sonofartorias
VinheimProfessor
lordgodofhell
Cheesinator
Mr. Tart
StockpileThomas
bmurn
Dante_000
goober0331
ssss_2_is_pwnage
OrnsteinFanBoy
FruitPunchNinja
IV_Mark_VI
Rynn
Knight Alundil
Isirith
Mordreid
roanispe
Desiani
Hellion7776
Ghadis_God
Siegfried.
WyrmHero
somnam
cloudyeki
Tolvo
DoughGuy
Krasouski
ViralEnsign_
callipygias
Forum Pirate
Peaceful Wollyhop
41 posters

trolololololo

Poll

Why do you think people grief in Dark souls pvp?

[ 6 ]
    trolololololo - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%trolololololo - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 26 ]
    trolololololo - Page 3 I_vote_lcap37%trolololololo - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [37%] 
    [ 9 ]
    trolololololo - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%trolololololo - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 9 ]
    trolololololo - Page 3 I_vote_lcap13%trolololololo - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 21 ]
    trolololololo - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%trolololololo - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [29%] 

Total Votes: 71
    Poll closed
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

trolololololo - Page 3 Empty Re: trolololololo

Post by Tolvo Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:10 am

But that is a bit different, you are roleplaying not just trying to hurt others. You want to play the role of the Dark Wraith, taking humanity from your kills and turning them in to Kaathe. If you are doing it for the RP end, you are doing it for the RP end. Not just killing people for the sake of seeing them pissed off.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:11 am

I don't support slavery, nor would I own slaves. Just because someone doesn't deserve something doesn't mean I would go out of my way to take it away.

Rather than support the slave owners taking freedom, I would try to make the slaves worthy of gaining freedom. One can only be a slave if one allows oneself to be. Escaping it could get.......unpleasent (to put it mildly) but nothing can be gained without a price.

Just because I don't believe in any absolute moral ground doesn't mean I don't have my own morals.

The thing is (unlike seemingly everyone I deal with) I'm aware that they are mine alone. I wouldn't enforce them on others or condemn any person who didn't follow them. My biggest pet peeve (and the source of most of my lapses) is judgement. I involve myself in these types of threads to argue against judgement of the type generally present in these types of threads.

Edit: TLDR: I'm not a sith.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:11 am

What's more interesting about griefers is when they invade upwards and come across a legit duelist.

I sometimes wish to make a SL30-40 build, just so I could park it in the burg and prey on griefers. Kinda like a 'griefer-griefer' if that makes sense. I guess it'd be closer to being a PKK, or a player-killer killer (.hack and it's wonderful acronyms)
    Desiani
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Desiani Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 am

Tolvo wrote:But that is a bit different, you are roleplaying not just trying to hurt others. You want to play the role of the Dark Wraith, taking humanity from your kills and turning them in to Kaathe. If you are doing it for the RP end, you are doing it for the RP end. Not just killing people for the sake of seeing them pissed off.

Pissing people off is a side effect that comes naturally when you use dirty tactics and other entertaining ways.... Like TWoP... that for some reason pisses people off even when you don't use it to chain backstab O.o
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:16 am

Desiani wrote:Like TWoP... that for some reason pisses people off even when you don't use it to chain backstab O.o

One of the biggest bits in the DkS meta is mobility/evasion, something that TWoP nicely disregards, so of course people call foul on it more because they don't wanna deal or learn to deal with it instead.

>_> off-topic post ftw.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:16 am

@Cloudyeki first post I do that and they're pretty funny cause most suck at dueling. I have made SL 20 antigriever builds. The things about DkS grieving is that it's cheat based grieving (bb glitch). Those aren't genuine grievers, just people who suck at the game.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:18 am

cloudyeki wrote:What's more interesting about griefers is when they invade upwards and come across a legit duelist.

I sometimes wish to make a SL30-40 build, just so I could park it in the burg and prey on griefers. Kinda like a 'griefer-griefer' if that makes sense. I guess it'd be closer to being a PKK, or a player-killer killer (.hack and it's wonderful acronyms)

Being the Sunbro that I am, I constantly run a lvl 20 Sunbro sorc who has finished most of the content. I go in, help people (read: kill Havel for them when they ask) and basically do good works without just mowing thru everything. Sometimes I get summoned to games where they are just camping kills (friend invader who just ganks white and yellow summons). I make sure to kill them every time I can, and even get hate mail about how I am ruining their fun.
    Desiani
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Desiani Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:19 am

What I can say is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQbENQ4Zk0

That is how I feel when I use TWoP in Sen's Funhouse using nothing but a +5 lightning notched whip near the first boulder ramp... >.> 'Oh My... you can't roll to avoid that nasty boulder headed your way?' *crunch, death, hate mail*
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:19 am

We have come to the point where for the sake of survival we can discern based on previous experiences whether or not something may be a threat or it won't be. You speak against judgments when it is actually an old aspect of survival. If you see vegetation that has black spots and is a bright vibrant color, that is a hint that it may be deadly to eat. If you see something that bares fangs at you, you should assume it is not friendly. If you meet a person who wishes to see others suffer, you should not assume they are friendly based off that. Yes judgments can be wrong, but I never blame people for forming opinions. It is human nature to try and figure something out before you truly understand it, to have an estimation or guess. It can be wrong but it is never a bad thing to try and figure things out before hand. If I meet a person who wears fashion X, I might think "They look like a jerk." I don't know they are a jerk and I will say, they look like one. I don't say they are one though because as of that moment I don't exactly know.

If a person gets a kick out of seeing others suffer I'm going to assume they are a person that enjoys to see others suffer until they prove it otherwise.

Something you need to understand is that you are trying to persuade us to follow your ideas Forum. Similar to how I'm trying to convince whoever is reading that in general griefers are negative people in online communities. Just as I'm not above having opinions, you are not above having opinions either.

EDIT: Fixed a typo.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:33 am

I'm aware that I'm trying to get others to see my way.

If you have a problem with someone enjoying the suffering of others (not that thats what I think most griefers do because I don't) help them find a constructive or generally harmless outlet (like a game) rather than judge them. They could be torturing small animals or bullying kids. Would you prefer that? They could even be quite nice outside of that enviroment.

As it stands, to actually answer op, the things I've come up with are they like seeing others largely helpless, or enjoy winning and thats the easiest way, or they find the akward flailing of many of their victims funny or they just feel like whooping *** at something for a while.
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:35 am

Tolvo has sold me on his Idea, can I switch my answer from "Bully" to "****". Please?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:43 am

I see you haven't been reading my posts Forum, well I suppose this topic has been a bit discussed to death so I think i'm going to watch some Chip Cheesum and head to sleep.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:43 am

Do Forgive me, I couldn't help myself this time:

I don't mean anything hard by it, some of the comparisons are a bit far fetched, in my opinion. (If you can't see all the image, try opening in a new tab.)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:46 am

The slavery mention was actually because Forum mentioned that he believed that if people aren't strong enough to defend their rights, they don't deserve it. He clarified it a bit more, but that is why I made mention.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:47 am

Well if you see someone griefing, don't fall for their tricks. If they run don't immediately follow them. If they run in close and then bow, take a few steps back before bowing back. If they hide behind/near an NPC, leave and go to an open area and wait for them.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:49 am

I got the bottom of the last page. In case that got missed.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:07 am

Ahaha, twas only meant to be a satire, but just because the examples people make might be a bit exaggerated, it doesn't mean that they don't have valid points. I'm person who generally agrees with Forum Pirates view when talking about the game, but not necessarily his tendency to butt heads. However, you did argued in a consistent, amicable style that would make disputes the peak of civility if it was emulated.

As an aside, going to save my 200th post for when I finally finish up Pyromancies that I have left half done for too long.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:18 am

For what it's worth, I think the picture was brilliant. /smallclap
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:34 am

Were you remarking on my choosing to ignore your judgement is old thing? it is old, I'll give you that, nut judging people and judging plants are different. Perhaps they dress like a jerk "ehatever that looks like" just to get people to leave them alone because they're to nice for their own good. Its not likely to hurt you to find out instead of dismissing them as a jerk.

Same with the plants actually, if you really want to know then get yourself some tongs and a plastic bag and take the leaves somewhere to be identified. It may be old, but its largely outdated in the case of both plants and people.

By your logic I should go aroun smashing women over the head with clubs and dragging them back to my residense I know thats not what you're saying. the point is there are lots of very old practices that are largely unnessary now. Both examples fit there.
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:01 am

"The worth of a man is not to be found in the man himself, but in the colors and textures that come alive in others." - Albert Schweitzer

"The true worth of a man is to be measured in the objects he pursues." - Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
    in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of
    challenge and controversy." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

This is my old thing, if you were referring to me. These quotes aren't related to religion in any way, but mirror my belief 100%. That way I can spare you and this forum another rant about religion. Where you stand and how you interact with others speaks volumes to your character. If you notice people aren't appreciative of you, or the world feels like it is against you... maybe it isn't the world view that needs changing. Treat people with the same respect you wish them to treat you and you will find that your world will change too.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:26 am

The problem arguing here, is Forum, by his own admission I believe, doesn't understand normal people, so he can't understand why we are against griefing in the way we are. Really there is no point trying to change his mind.
    Mordreid
    Mordreid

Post by Mordreid Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 am

Griefing is just a way to ruin the game experience for others and the people doing it just feels good about themselves when causing someone else grief.
    It is sad, and I do in some way pity them but I do not approve of their playstyle at all. Griefing in all its forms, whatever game it may be is just lame. Sure they have paid for the game as the rest of us, but that still doesnt condone their actions. Their behaviour is damaging to the DS community and might scare away new players worst case. I recommend DS to all my friends since I consider this to be the best RPG released in years. But I do hope they do not get caught by griefers.
    But the problem is easily solved, if you experience a griefer then logg off PSN/Live and go back again. Chances are they wont be there again. If not, report their gamertag/profile and indict their *** and let the Darkwraiths hunt them down.
    Hellion7776
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hellion7776 Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 am

At least he has been amiable with his discussion. I'm always relieved with a thread that doesn't end with it being locked due to someone calling another a Poopoo face, dingleberry thief!

... i hate it when that happens...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:00 am

Hellion7776 wrote:At least he has been amiable with his discussion. I'm always relieved with a thread that doesn't end with it being locked due to someone calling another a Poopoo face, dingleberry thief!

... i hate it when that happens...
    Thats a silly idea, and you are silly for having it you dingleberry face, poopoo thief silly
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:44 am

Griefing can be entertaining at times I will admit.

Ive dabbled in about all the community's pet hates and from a totally impassive stand point there is nothing wrong with it.

This point is argued a lot but is never truely accepted by people as they are too close to it or simply refuse to view the oppositions perspective.

I can be fun for the player. It is not wrong just frowned upon. Just because its annoying doesnt mean you should condemn it. Its merely another aspect of play.... and like any human action or characteristic it is part of the human condition on a lesser scale.

In some ways I dont like it. Infact I hate it when someone kills me in a manner I find 'cheap' but taking a step back it is part of the game and theres not much that can be done about it.

The souls games have always had their trolls DkS is no different.

I say people grief because online anonymity allows them not to care about the feelings/ game experiences of others. Much like when you beat a player you dont really care what they thought of the duel. You fair is their cheap.....

But I digress. I have no opinion on it. Other than it can be irritating but not game ruining for me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am