Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 11 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Aznul Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 pm

If your kick does no damage, you can force a sitting npc to stand up without making them aggressive, great for dark hand (Only tested on patches once he moves to firelink shrine)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 11 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 am

I think you can do the same thing with the dragon roar.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 am

sinspaw wrote:To be honest, it's not impossible. I read somewhere that talking to her with the ring halved the effect, tried it and it worked. Granted, I had been a chaos servant with that character in the cycle before that one, so it's a possibility. Apologies for any misguidance if that's the case. I really can't tell, only done it with one character.

I never tried it myself, but it could work. Testing is the only way to know.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Aznul wrote:If your kick does no damage, you can force a sitting npc to stand up without making them aggressive, great for dark hand (Only tested on patches once he moves to firelink shrine)

Perfect for Reah...All dem Humanities... :face:

I've done it a couple of times, better to do that Then punch them.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    sinspaw wrote:To be honest, it's not impossible. I read somewhere that talking to her with the ring halved the effect, tried it and it worked. Granted, I had been a chaos servant with that character in the cycle before that one, so it's a possibility. Apologies for any misguidance if that's the case. I really can't tell, only done it with one character.

I never tried it myself, but it could work. Testing is the only way to know.

i just tried this out last night on a new toon, it was that toons first trip to become a chaos servant and i had the witch ring equipped before i spoke with the white spider lady and it still took 30 humanity to get the second chaos spell. i didn't get the egg head until after i reached rank 2, maybe you also have done that before speaking with the white spider lady?
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Jester's Tears wrote:
    Aznul wrote:If your kick does no damage, you can force a sitting npc to stand up without making them aggressive, great for dark hand (Only tested on patches once he moves to firelink shrine)

Perfect for Reah...All dem Humanities... :face:

I've done it a couple of times, better to do that Then punch them.

except for those times wen you accidently use the R2 power attack instead of the kick and one shot the NPC :x
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Like others have said/speculated, the 15 humanity requirement to get to +2 and open the Izalith shortcut is only if you've been ranked up previously on that character.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 pm

That using a pike with DMB makes other spear users poop their pants. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 11 2707236321
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:15 pm

i just discovered that the iron round shield will cause even the capra demons to stagger when you block their attacks … and say good night capra if you hit them in the face with great axe while they are staggered.

shields must have some sort of hidden stat that will cause some enemy to stagger when blocked but not others … and that's friggen schweet!
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Nybbles wrote:i just discovered that the iron round shield will cause even the capra demons to stagger when you block their attacks … and say good night capra if you hit them in the face with great axe while they are staggered.

shields must have some sort of hidden stat that will cause some enemy to stagger when blocked but not others … and that's friggen schweet!
    It's called heavy deflection, I think. All Great Shields have it, with the Iron Round Shield being the only medium or below shield to have it.

Last edited by Rarayn on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:41 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:The Ash Lake Hydra can leap from one side of the lagoon to the other. :shock:

That was a scary and profitable discovery for me. I found that out when I first went down there far too low SL to kill anything. I'd heard the the clam-monsters dropped Twinks so I made the Hydra crop dust them to death by going from one side to the other. This was before FromSoft made Twinks available to purchase. The drop rate was utter crap. That Hydra got a work out. I even attempted to leave signs down to hint at my farming method. I doubt anyone understood the hints.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:53 pm

I didn't know you could summon people in Ash Lake.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:54 pm

^Are you saying you did it???
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:56 pm

callipygias wrote:^Are you saying you did it???

No, but the poster above my last post said he attempted to put summon signs. Maybe I misunderstood...assumed he put them down, but nobody picked up.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Oh, I'm sure he meant orange signs.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Yeah... sorry not summons signs. The hint signs.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:08 pm

I never would've understood the hints, but I'm impressed with your creative (and risky!) farming method.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Turns out you cannot enter the arena for the taurus demon from the exit side, you can't even interact with the fog gate there.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Aznul wrote:Turns out you cannot enter the arena for the taurus demon from the exit side, you can't even interact with the fog gate there.
    It would be so awesome if you could, and when you did he did a plunging attack on YOU.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:17 pm

I just discovered that you can Die while resting at a Bonfire .

So far i think it only works in the First Blightown Bonfire (From the Depths).
    There is this Guy that shoots Toxic Needles at you, dont kill him in order for this to work .

So you get the attention of this Guy so he starts shooting needles at you then you get to the Bonfire and rest at it , he wil still shoot at you and can hit you when you position yourself right .
    You wil get toxic while sitting at the Bonfire !
    When you die there is just the normal dieing Animation
    When you revive to Human it wil replenish your Health but will not cure Toxin
    When you kindle the Fire it will replenish your Health and cure Toxin
    When you level your Vitality up it will do nothing

Well What is it
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:24 pm

You can die at the second bonfire in the Archives too. If you've aggrod the sniper crystal hollow on top of the stacks and then try to rest with a low amount of health his arrows won't reset if they're already in the air. So you can still get hit by them after you sit down.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Your world can be cursed by a gravelord even if the boss is dead. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 11 3022602407
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 pm

^ I just found that out the other day for the first time too. I was farming something, can't remember what or where, but all my bosses save Gwyn are long dead, and I got a message that a GL that had been cursing me was killed.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Ah, then it is Possible to Die at the Sunlight Altar and the first Burg Fire too there are Crossbow Hollows .
    But it is still interesting that reviving to a Human doesnt cure Toxin while Kindling does XD
    Thanks Tick happy .
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Ah, then it is Possible to Die at the Sunlight Altar and the first Burg Fire too there are Crossbow Hollows .
    But it is still interesting that reviving to a Human doesnt cure Toxin while Kindling does XD
    Thanks Tick happy .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 am