Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:22 pm

That the Barbarians in Blighttown are immune to the "no aggro zone" around Quelana. Yesterday, one of them must have spotted me running toward her. Even though the skeeters and cragspiders avoided the spot, one of the brutes came crashing into that spot, knocked me down, AND smacked her hard enough that she stood up and moved to the corner of the pillar. After I killed it, she was still standing, and for a moment I thought my upgrades to the pyro glove might be in peril, but she seemed to settle down after that.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:47 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    befowler wrote:Does anyone know if GMB similarly reduces BS damage from say a moonlight greatsword or other magic damage heavy weapon?
    It does. I remember getting backstabbed with HR CMW MLGS during 1.05 and the damage was laughable big grin

And when GMB wears off, you're standing there hopeless...
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Very few people know about the Thorn Set's ability to save you from Back/lagstabs.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:09 pm

defacto wrote:That the Dark Silver tracer is sooooo amazing for backstabs/ripostes for non buffing builds.
    What are the perfect stats for it? Whenever I get dex up a bit the rapier seems just as good; or an occult rapier with moderate faith is usually better. I don't know how to take advantage of that 160 crit.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Xanthous Crown makes you Bald king
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Divine Blessings will never completely die out.
    jankenneth_10
    jankenneth_10
    Casual
    Casual

Post by jankenneth_10 Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:36 am

1. Weird environment can save you from a fall. I fell down once from the wooden platforms in blighttown, and landed on a bump on the wall. good thing i had the homeward spell.

2. You can use homeward while falling, assuming that the fall is not a "cinematic" fall (camera looks at your toon from above at a distance).

3. when blocking an attack, you move a little backward. shooting lightning spear moves your toon a little forward.

4. all shields protect only a quarter of your character horizontally (45 degrees to either side your shield is facing, rough estimate). small shields protect 1 third vertically, medium and large protects 2 thirds vertically.

5. locking onto enemies help prevent a backstab especially against other players.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:00 am

callipygias wrote:
    defacto wrote:That the Dark Silver tracer is sooooo amazing for backstabs/ripostes for non buffing builds.
    What are the perfect stats for it? Whenever I get dex up a bit the rapier seems just as good; or an occult rapier with moderate faith is usually better. I don't know how to take advantage of that 160 crit.

You might be right. But the tracer is at least easier to upgrade lol. I'll try out the rapier and let you know.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:44 am

Jester's Tears wrote:Very few people know about the Thorn Set's ability to save you from Back/lagstabs.

Explain please?!
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:54 am

It usually saves you from those lagstabs that take you out of a roll. The little damage from your rolling cancels all the backstab damage
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:03 am

CaligoIllioneus wrote:It usually saves you from those lagstabs that take you out of a roll. The little damage from your rolling cancels all the backstab damage

Did thorns just become an integral part of my builds just now? I think so big grin
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:17 am

how kick *** the partzian is :3 and how completely underrated the fury sword it 506 DAMAGE there is no way that it can not have equal damage to 380 physical sword
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:12 am

Mike5005005 wrote:
    Jester's Tears wrote:Very few people know about the Thorn Set's ability to save you from Back/lagstabs.

Explain please?!

If the guy that is backstabbing you takes SOME sort of damage. The Backstab will fail and you will only get the animation, no damage.

If they're behind you, and they're about to backstab you. Roll into them. The damage that the thorn set gives, SAVES you. It is really usefull against Those pathetic gankers.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Oh damn... See, I use the Chest plate only and I've noticed that happenes sometimes. Sometimes it still gets me though? =/
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:27 pm

It won't prevent it 100% of the time, but it helps.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Mike5005005 wrote:Oh damn... See, I use the Chest plate only and I've noticed that happenes sometimes. Sometimes it still gets me though? =/

It's because of poise. I haven't done/seen any definitive tests with the thorn set's rolls as far as stunlocking goes, but I'm assuming it only breaks a relatively small amount at a time. I can say that, in my experience with my own Kirk build, that it's only really a realistic tactic against toons with little to no poise.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Its not necessary if you're good at fighting lock off. Most of the time I can cancel the bs with a swing, even with slow weapons like the zweihander or weapons with narrow hit boxes like the iaito.

Its all about knowing how to time your swing with a pivot so even a roll bs punish will fail and recognising when they're positioned for a bs attempt.

its just proper timing and spacing. Thorn armor is a saftey net to save one from a punish they failed to stop.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:30 pm

There is a titanite Slab behind the big waterfall in Kalameets area.
    :bas:
    I had no idea!

Kudos to XachAttack for telling me.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Sentiel wrote:There is a titanite Slab behind the big waterfall in Kalameets area.
    Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 23 932657698
    I had no idea!

I was kind of disappointed to find out that they didn't throw a red slab into the DLC. Added an extra slab pickup of each one except the red. Not sure why they did that.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:11 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:There is a titanite Slab behind the big waterfall in Kalameets area.
    I had no idea!

I was kind of disappointed to find out that they didn't throw a red slab into the DLC. Added an extra slab pickup of each one except the red. Not sure why they did that.

Well all slabs make sense except the red slab. Oolacile was filled with magic, both of the divine and sorcerific kind. It's why we find both a divine and enchanted ember in the forest. Nothing other than Black flame points to fire being important in Oolacile. Though the red chunk you find makes me think they simply made a mistake.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:16 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    I had no idea!

To motivate people into using non-elemental weapons, they were too strong, so they were nerfed. Maybe they gave it to compensate or something.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:36 pm

They still give you another standard one, making at least 3 guaranteed pick ups in a playthrough, making it easier to make lightning weapons, which I find even more obnoxious than fire/chaos ones.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:58 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    I had no idea!

So...there is a White Slab in the DLC as well?
    I haven't found that yet.
    Great. I'm pathetic. Might as well go jump into Abyss or something...

EDIT:
    I take that back, I found the Slab, I just thought it was a Chunk. My bad.
    The rest about being pathetic and all that still applies though.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:
    I had no idea!

So...there is a White Slab in the DLC as well?
    I haven't found that yet.
    Great. I'm pathetic. Might as well go jump into Abyss or something...

EDIT:
    I take that back, I found the Slab, I just thought it was a Chunk. My bad.
    The rest about being pathetic and all that still applies though.

...funny you should say that

EDIT:
    Dang it, too late :pale:
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Hosts and phantoms can parry each other. They cannot land the riposte, of course.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 am