Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 30 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Sentiel Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Sanctus was irreplaceable for my SL1 runs.

I got myself Cursed (belive it or not) and used Dusk Crown Ring, this made my HP 25% of it's original value. I went low HP to activate Read Tearstone and used PW. That way I got 90% damage boost, extra Pyro casts and with Sanctus on my back I didn't have to worry about PW killing me as it outhealed PW HP drain.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 30 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:24 pm

How much damage does PW do per second?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:28 pm

1 % of your total health, I think.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:23 pm

I just discovered that the Light spell is amazing with an egghead. The glowing orb disappears into your egg and makes it look like the entire egg is shining. It's mesmerizing.
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:56 pm

I was in the asylum for the second time, aggro'd one of the black knights and Oscar at the same time. The bk killed Oscar first before turning on me..
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:26 pm

befowler wrote:I just discovered that the Light spell is amazing with an egghead. The glowing orb disappears into your egg and makes it look like the entire egg is shining. It's mesmerizing.
    Combine that with dragon body and you got yourself the weirdest thing ever.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:46 am

On the Xbox, going into a Party will kick you out of Dark Souls for being in a chat.

Being on Xbox Live Chat will not, however Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 30 639795459
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:19 am

Gambs_the_Grey wrote:I was in the asylum for the second time, aggro'd one of the black knights and Oscar at the same time. The bk killed Oscar first before turning on me..

Like Oscar aggro'd the BK directly? Not just collateral damage?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:01 am

PlasticandRage wrote:There isn't a real need for all kinds of things we've got, but it at least would make the shield worth using. As it is now, there really isn't much of a use for it. With only 2 HP per second, and second rate defensive stats, there's just no reason to use it at all. 2 HP is pretty much useless in a fight. Nowhere near enough to rely on. I think either slightly increasing it's healing rate as it upgrades, or an increase in the shield's defensive stats, would be in order to at least make it a viable choice.

I've been using it coupled with replenishment for the majority of my current playthrough, and now that I'm to a place in the game where I'm buffing my weapon also, it's just outclassed by other shields that don't require the supplementation of a spell to be useful. I'd be ecstatic with its current rate if it defended me a little bit better, but its got the double wammy there, of being a poopy defensive tool and having an ability that's just not as good as some other shields.

I like Rynn's idea. If it had the same rate, or even slightly less, as replenishment, but couldn't be stacked, I don't think it would be OP. Even with the supplementation of replenishment it's not really. I've been doing it all along, and it hasn't broken my PvP experience at all. It helps to negate the tactics of really defensive players who like to inflict small amounts of damage at a time, and then back off, as well as status afflictions like bleed and poison, but it doesn't really help at all against really offensive players. It's a nice addition, but I would be just as well off with a number of different shields.

Sanctus doesn't heal 2 HP per second, it heals 2 HP every 2 seconds. Yeah, even WAY more useless than you thought haha
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:13 am

Sanctus, only useful when your health is practically non-existent.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:25 am

Just found out that Lautrec isn't the one that kills Anastacia.

I just started a playthrough today and as soon as I collected the first three firekeeper souls I go up to upgrade my estus a third time and she's dead. Keep in mind I never let Lautrec out of his cell and none of the bells were rung. So my next guess is that Petrus is a serial killer that focuses on women. :|

Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:04 am

GrinTwist wrote:Just found out that Lautrec isn't the one that kills Anastacia.

I just started a playthrough today and as soon as I collected the first three firekeeper souls I go up to upgrade my estus a third time and she's dead. Keep in mind I never let Lautrec out of his cell and none of the bells were rung. So my next guess is that Petrus is a serial killer that focuses on women. :|

Well, Lautrec can let himself out. However, as for that bit about not ringing the bells puzzles me as I have never kept him in the cell.

Although I don't dislike Lautrec and I think Petrus is a complete degenerate. So I'm willing to accept that Petrus kills Anastacia even if it's probably confirmed that Lautrec kills her. :bas:
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:12 am

lautrec kills her after you ring the second bell or get the firekeepers soul in blighttown
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:15 am

Sloth9230 wrote:lautrec kills her after you ring the second bell or get the firekeepers soul in blighttown

Well I completely forgot about the part about the Fire Keeper Soul. Look Skyward
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:32 am

Lautrec releases himself (or Oswald releases him) after you ring the first bell if you don't release him. Ans Sloth is right about the killing.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:30 am

FinPeku wrote:
    befowler wrote:I just discovered that the Light spell is amazing with an egghead. The glowing orb disappears into your egg and makes it look like the entire egg is shining. It's mesmerizing.

Plus iron flesh for that gleaming silver egg and dragon body you've always wanted.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:45 am

The only time I use the Sanctus shield is when I'm farming baby skeletons. Along with the Evil Eye Ring, you don't have to worry about your health; just keep farming for humanity.

Did you think it was a coincidence that you win the shield just before reaching the area?
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:55 am

I never knew npc's can kill each other, after all how can something dead, kill something else that is dead?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:36 am

befowler wrote:
    FinPeku wrote:

Plus iron flesh for that gleaming silver egg and dragon body you've always wanted.
    You can combine Dragon Body and Egghead? :shock:
    Does it still do Fire Breath?
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:37 am

... That you can see the chains holding the Firelink Shortcut from the church, going through it's roof. =I Now I can never un-see it. =/
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Shooting Kalameet in the eye will stagger him and deal massive (relatively speaking) bonus damage. I dealt at least 100 more damage with a headshot than when shooting him regularly.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    befowler wrote:
    FinPeku wrote:

You can combine Dragon Body and Egghead? :shock:
    Does it still do Fire Breath?

Yes, you just need to be in dragon body when you get infected. And as soon as you die, you lose dragon body and cannot activate it again.

Dragon body + egghead = Dark souls hardcore mode.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:09 am

When using Havel's sheild and pressing the L2 you gain some spikey aromur from it :shock: thought I would perform a slam attack... nope Spikey armor!

Last edited by TheAshenPhantom on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 am

TheAshenPhantom wrote:When using Havel's sheild and pressing the L2 you gain some spikey aromur from it :shock: thought I would perform a slam attack... nope Spikey armor!

Yeah took me forever to find out too. It doesn't act as spiky though, it increases your poise and makes your body act as if you're an armored tusk silly (weapons deflect off you)
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:44 am

lalliman wrote:
    TheAshenPhantom wrote:When using Havel's sheild and pressing the L2 you gain some spikey aromur from it :shock: thought I would perform a slam attack... nope Spikey armor!

Yeah took me forever to find out too. It doesn't act as spiky though, it increases your poise and makes your body act as if you're an armored tusk silly (weapons deflect off you)

Yeah figured that much I just meant spikey as in it's appearence. At first I was like "What is he do--- HOLY S----!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm