Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
FruitPunchNinja
OrnsteinFanBoy
edgie_za
Tomhet
THEOGLUIGI
fujiphoenix
kiwi_commander
GkMrBane
Back Lot Basher
13 posters

Does EVERYONE step into the Royal Wood lift shaft?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Does EVERYONE step into the Royal Wood lift shaft? Empty Does EVERYONE step into the Royal Wood lift shaft?

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 pm

My first five minutes of the new content a guy summons me, and as I looked in the small building with the first shaft, I got to close and fell into it. Laughed so hard at myself I literally cried. Felt good to be back in Souls, not knowing where the next pitfall was. My very next summon, the other coop player did the exact same thing. Not sure if its the darkness or the shadows in there, but falling seems to happen really easily.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Does EVERYONE step into the Royal Wood lift shaft? Empty Re: Does EVERYONE step into the Royal Wood lift shaft?

Post by GkMrBane Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 pm

LOL when i found the shaft my first thought was, its to good to be true so i left it alone. good to know i made the right choice.
    kiwi_commander
    kiwi_commander
    Addicted
    Addicted

Does EVERYONE step into the Royal Wood lift shaft? Empty Re: Does EVERYONE step into the Royal Wood lift shaft?

Post by kiwi_commander Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:My first five minutes of the new content a guy summons me, and as I looked in the small building with the first shaft, I got to close and fell into it. Laughed so hard at myself I literally cried. Felt good to be back in Souls, not knowing where the next pitfall was. My very next summon, the other coop player did the exact same thing. Not sure if its the darkness or the shadows in there, but falling seems to happen really easily.

I did that my first time at the Royal Woods. I thought to myself, hey that doesnt look that far. I didn't even use a stone to check if the height would kill me. I drop down and dead.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:29 pm

I did it too.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Speaking of shafts....does that other shaft, next to Chester, not the one right of him but across from him do anything? It's in that building with just a hallway and to the left is the shaft. Just wondering, looks like a basic trap but it has that shortcut sign on it.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:33 pm

It goes down into the abyss close to the Manus fight.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:13 am

Surprisingly enough I resisted the temptation of jumping to see if I could activate the shortcut. I did have my share of dumb deaths though, specially at the hands of the stone guards -_-
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:28 am

GkMrBane wrote:LOL when i found the shaft my first thought was, its to good to be true so i left it alone. good to know i made the right choice.

Same thing here, I also ignored it, and followed the cliff to the right, eventually reaching the short bridge where the dragon makes his first stop. Went all the way around, and landed up taking the elevator UP to this area. Only then discovered there was stairs going up :oops:

Anyone tried Elizabeth's Mushroom yet? What does it do exactly?
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:08 am

I was running from a stone giant thinking the bridge from darkroot would be there, didn't pull my camera round quick enough and....BAM GET IN THE HOLE lol!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:10 am

I fell off the ledge going around the corner after the first bridge. I'm like "YAY! new content.... sad "
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:21 am

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I fell off the ledge going around the corner after the first bridge. I'm like "YAY! new content.... sad "

hehehehe... that must have been the shortest most painful trip to new content... lol

Thankfully i didn't fall in the shaft, though I was tempted to try (hell, even thought of equipping the Ring of Artorias, remembering the abyss)
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:19 am

I remember watching someone's livestream and they're going: Oh, they won't follow you in that building.

Sure, a damn'nough, a Stone Guardian comes waltzing in and hammers me. My shield is raised, I blocked it. But because the blow is so strong, it did the backflip animation which sent me right into the elevator shaft. -.-;;
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:22 am

I had read this thread before i started the DLC, so i was all like ''okay'', avoid the lift shaft. Got it!

I fell down. Prostration
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:34 am

someone summoned me, he had already activated the elevator, so we killed the boss later on.
    when I got there alone, the elevator didn't work, so I sent him a message what to do and he mailed back with instructions. I never fell down. Can't be too careful in these situations ha.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:35 am

I got invaded at Royal Wood near the end of it with the 2 Guardians and the big group of Scarecrows. Invader runs through them to the lift, activates it, as it is descending, I fall down and plunging attack him. I can't believe I survived the fall, the Darkwraith didn't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:19 am