Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Spurgun
WyrmHero
6 posters

Some research about Dark Sorceries and Manus Catalyst

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Some research about Dark Sorceries and Manus Catalyst  Empty Some research about Dark Sorceries and Manus Catalyst

Post by WyrmHero Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 am

I did some damage tests with the Dark Sorceries and Manus Catalyst. The rumors about Manus cat boosting Dark Sorceries and their increasing damage with the Str stat are going to be clarified. I used both an Oolacile Catalyst and the Manus Catalyst, and the spells for comparison are Dark Orb and Great Heavy Soul Arrow.

-Dark Orb is weaker than Great Heavy Soul Arrow on most common enemies (I used the Hollow Crossbow Archers).

Oolacile Catalyst (180 Mag Adj)
    Dark Orb: 309
    GHSA: 352

Manus Catalyst (220 Mag Adj)
    Dark Orb: 428
    GHSA: 453

As you can see the difference in "increase" of the dark sorcery is very low. It could be related to the high Str of my build (26 Str).

-Str at 26 and 27 with Manus Catalyst:

Dark Orb: 428 and 433
    GHSA: same as above (constant)

Str indeed increases the damage done by the Dark Sorceries, but it's a very low increase. Could have increasing returns with higher Str. Oolacile Catalyst values remained constant.

-Dark Orb and GHSA damage on Crystal Golems with Oolacile Catalyst:

Dark Orb: 60
    GHSA: 71

Crystal Golems have very high magical defense. Don't know why from says that dark sorceries do physical damage lol. GMB also nullifies them.

So there it is. If you're thinking about using Manus Catalyst then stop increasing Int at 32 for Pursuers and increase Str to 40. You can also use it as low weight main Str weapon since it has same moveset as a greataxe. Awesome!!!!!
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Some research about Dark Sorceries and Manus Catalyst  Empty Re: Some research about Dark Sorceries and Manus Catalyst

Post by Spurgun Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:04 am

Gave you +1 for that. Good work.

So is there any use for the manus catalyst, except for that it can be used as a side weapon?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Some research about Dark Sorceries and Manus Catalyst  Empty Re: Some research about Dark Sorceries and Manus Catalyst

Post by WyrmHero Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 am

I would use it as a main weapon, since it has same moveset as a greataxe you can 2 hand it and hopefully stun someone. It is very slow however, like a Demon's Greataxe. From seems to also nerf greataxe stunlocking because after the first swing it delays a bit. As a side weapon I think it's too slow to be able to do any kind of combo. Maybe it can be used to break poise and then stunlock with 1 handed R1s of a Man Serpent Greatsword for example.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:48 am

Very great research there Wyrm.

By the way I've been passing this video around and perhaps it would help add to your research if you are doing any more.

https://youtu.be/4_gRAnQbkPE

While it is mostly PvP this video shows the difference in casting times between low dex and 45 dex on the new dark sorceries.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:03 pm

And this guy did a research on number of frames.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t10790-comprehensive-survey-of-dexterity-s-impact-on-sorcery-casting-speed

It's very interesting how the slower spells get a significant increase in speed.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:12 pm

That's a pretty useful thread. To the Resources thread!
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:08 pm

The manus cat attack speed is faster in the left hand than the right. Also, I sometimes find it useful to cast a spell, and then whack them in the face when they role under it. It really only works when they don't have enough poise to take the hit tho.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Yeah I noticed that, in the left hand it seems to be able to do some stunlocking.
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Its all part of the game I think unless you set up a duel, I like it that anything goes and **** people try to gamg up, the feeling of killing them over rides the bad of getting your *** whipped in an unfair fight, just how I feel
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:07 pm

^Wrong thread?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:08 pm

I think you may have posted that in the wrong thread.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 am

Good to see a thread like this one. I don't know if I'm missing something but when I was doing some testing with Soul Arrow I noticed that the Manus catalyst is NOT better than the Crystalization catalyst, and my character has 71 STR. I thought it was supposed to be the best?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:26 am

Because only Dark Sorceries get the boost from Str with Manus cat.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:26 am

Ah, I see, thanks for the info 8)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 am

I'll probably be adding this to the Resources thread soon by the way Wyrm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm