Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
THEOGLUIGI
Seignar
6 posters

Dark Souls makes the top 5...

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark Souls makes the top 5... Empty Dark Souls makes the top 5...

Post by Seignar Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Horror Game
    Dark Souls genre: Action
    Dark Souls makes the top 5... 2707236321

What do you think?
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Dark Souls makes the top 5... Empty Re: Dark Souls makes the top 5...

Post by THEOGLUIGI Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Very fitting, I get scared all the time....

when a enemy randomly creeps up on me. But no definitely, going through the game blind without any help from the community for the first time, I was scared, legitimately scared of the enemies, the creepy environments. I think one thing that people overlook is Dark Souls amazingly creepy and horror-esque ambient sounds and soundtrack in many points of the game. The noise invaders make scared me s**tless every time I heard it my first play through. That weird wind noise, you know what I'm talking about.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:21 pm

The stupidest thing I've ever heard. I mean, the fact it's in a top of horror games, actually if you listen to what the girl says before the start of the DkS clip, what she says it's true, it's punishing and disturbing. But that's not the core/key feature of horror games

Last edited by ChizFreak on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Valentine's
    Valentine's

Post by Valentine's Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Beh. Should be Top 5 in everything.
    (NOW ON-TOPIC)

If you see that from a Legit stanpoint. Idiotic. Putting an Action game in the Horror genre when the GENRE OF THAT GAME IS ACTION dosen't make sense.

But if you see it as Dark Souls is a Action game MIXED with HORROR elements. Good. The game isen't like Dead Space where you piss your pants since you don't wanna look around the next corner but YOU'LL get SCARED by everything around you. Just KNOWING that something is gonna Kill either by Surprise or Brute Force is Scary. Hurrah
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Valentine's wrote:Beh. Should be Top 5 in everything.
    (NOW ON-TOPIC)

If you see that from a Legit stanpoint. Idiotic. Putting an Action game in the Horror genre when the GENRE OF THAT GAME IS ACTION dosen't make sense.

But if you see it as Dark Souls is a Action game MIXED with HORROR elements. Good. The game isen't like Dead Space where you piss your pants since you don't wanna look around the next corner but YOU'LL get SCARED by everything around you. Just KNOWING that something is gonna Kill either by Surprise or Brute Force is Scary. Dark Souls makes the top 5... 558843162

I know what you mean, but I think that the word you are looking for is "abandonment" (supposing Google Translate is correct), you become nervous, paranoid, but NOT scared.

This is coming from a guy who used to be scared of the Spiders in Minecraft (not anymore though, I've already got used to them, I think it's related to my insectophobia), Dark Souls it's not scary.
    Valentine's
    Valentine's

Post by Valentine's Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Valentine's wrote:Beh. Should be Top 5 in everything.
    (NOW ON-TOPIC)

But if you see it as Dark Souls is a Action game MIXED with HORROR elements. Good. The game isen't like Dead Space where you piss your pants since you don't wanna look around the next corner but YOU'LL get SCARED by everything around you. Just KNOWING that something is gonna Kill either by Surprise or Brute Force is Scary. Dark Souls makes the top 5... 558843162

I know what you mean, but I think that the word you are looking for is "abandonment" (supposing Google Translate is correct), you become nervous, paranoid, but NOT scared.

A: Yeah, I knew ''SCARY'' weren't the Right word but since English ain't my Main language (EVEN tough i wish it was.) i used the first thing that came to Mind.

B: WHO.USES.GOOGLE TRANSLATE? THAT...THING...Is so Bad at Translating stuff.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 pm

Google translate isn't THAT bad.

Also, I don't get why you guys don't think Dark Souls is scary. It is pretty scary, i.e. Tomb of Giants, being surrounded in utter darkness not knowing where you are going and giant skeletons ready to pounce. My hearts gets pumping when I'm in Catacombs and Tomb of Giants and I've played the game through a couple of times already.

Essentially, what I am saying is why you don't find Dark Souls scary? Is it because you know what to expect. Think back to your first play through, were you not scared?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Dark souls is the (one of the) closest thing when it comes to Horror.

Just shows that here are no actuall Horror Games anymore (anyone remember Waxworks? That game is horrifying)
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Also, I don't get why you guys don't think Dark Souls is scary. It is pretty scary, i.e. Tomb of Giants

1 or two levels that are mildly disturbing or heart-pumping DOES NOT mean you can just plant the "horror" genre on a game.

The only places that really scares someone are really Nito's levels, Blighttown and New Londo Ruins. 4 out of...how many? Those levels can cause a certain level of scare. Demon souls should have had a better spot in that list simply because of Latria. People, THAT is scary, more scary than any level in Dark Souls.
    Valentine's
    Valentine's

Post by Valentine's Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Seignar wrote:
    Also, I don't get why you guys don't think Dark Souls is scary. It is pretty scary, i.e. Tomb of Giants

1 or two levels that are mildly disturbing or heart-pumping DOES NOT mean you can just plant the "horror" genre on a game.

The only places that really scares someone are really Nito's levels, Blighttown and New Londo Ruins. 4 out of...how many? Those levels can cause a certain level of scare. Demon souls should have had a better spot in that list simply because of Latria. People, THAT is scary, more scary than any level in Dark Souls.

''THE SCREAMING...STOP THE SCREAMING''
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 pm

Seignar wrote:

I agree. Also Plague Babies were nasty.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 pm

I have a really good Headset and decided to play with it .

I just noticed the whispering in the Dukes . I think i heard someone saying "I made a mistake" .

:pale:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:06 pm

I'd say Latria isn't scary...Until you step into the water.
    Valentine's
    Valentine's

Post by Valentine's Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Marino. wrote:I have a really good Headset and decided to play with it .

I just noticed the whispering in the Dukes . I think i heard someone saying "I made a mistake" .

:pale:

''I made a Mistake''...
    WELL THAT EXPLAINS WHY SEATH AIN'T IMORTAL. SOMEHOW.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm