Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My Theory about Priscilla [Spoilers and whatnot]

tmacandcheese

My Theory about Priscilla [Spoilers and whatnot] Empty My Theory about Priscilla [Spoilers and whatnot]

Post by tmacandcheese Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:42 pm

I've heard a bit of discussion about Priscilla, trying to figure stuff out about her. One of the main discussions becomes her potential parents, which most seem to agree on Seath and Gwynevere.

Well.......... <(^.^<)

I actually have a completely different theory. I like the idea of Priscilla being an experiment I've been hearing, one that has the Lifehunt setup going for her and is a threat to the gods. The question for me is the Mother of Choice. The thing is, there actually IS a candidate that has done a major experiment here, (And potentially enjoyed other experiments,) and that's the Witch of Izalith pre-chaos, as she experimented to recreate the first flame. (Well... tried to at least...)

So let's assume that I'm right for the rest of this post, and look to see what other lore can think of to potentially back it up:

There was once an interview that ENB brought up stating that Priscilla was originally designed to be a Heroine, but and the person saying it got quickly shut up and the subject was changed. Whether the whole "Hero" idea changed or not, I still believe she fought in some kind of war. I think it would make sense that she fought in the Chaos Wars, hinted by the fact that there's a Black Knight just outside of the room with a Peculiar Doll (Black Knights having their armor scorched in said wars.)

Keeping that in mind, let me ask a couple questions.
    1. Is it 100% confirmed anywhere that there are only 4 daughters of chaos in the game? If so, this whole idea is shut out, seeing as making the Witch of Izalith her mother also makes her a Daughter amongst the ranks. Chances are with my theory, that's probably why she went to go fight, to go help her sisters after her mother went crazy.
    2. How did Priscilla being a threat to the Gods get discovered? Well, I think I can potentially answer that with another question...
    3. If Seath didn't get freaky with Gwynevere as I've heard a good amount before, then why isn't she in the game/in Londo? (I've heard speculation that Seath may have done some stuff without Gwynevere's consent, and she may have left in embarassment)

I know in the game it is confirmed that she had left Anor Londo. However, I don't think it's confirmed that she's alive. My theory is that Gwynevere and many other Gods in Anor Londo left the area to go fight in the Chaos Wars, leaving Gwyndolin to maintain the area. During the war, Priscilla actually managed to kill Gwynevere, deeming her a threat to the rest of the gods and sealing the deal on her ending up in the Painted World of Ariamis.

If that's not enough, let me also bring up the size of the Coffin behind Dark Sun Gwyndolin. I think that's large enough to fit Gwynevere, don't you? <(^.^<)

I also want to look at the Painted World for info. We know if Seath is her father, that can help explain the invisibility stuff she can do... but she doesn't use Pyromancy? Personally, I don't think she ever used Pyromancy, though she might've learned it. She could be similar to Gwyndolin in the fact that she could've taken up a completely different style of spell. (Gwyndolin is strong with the Moon, unlike other males in the family. Priscilla could be fond of Frost, while the others wove fire. This could also derive from Seath.)

That being kept in mind, it may have been possible for her to learn some Pyros, but never be able to use them to full potential. If that's the case, she'd also be able to potentially TEACH Pyromancy, perhaps to some of the Guardians in the Painted World of Ariamis. (King Jeremiah, anybody?) It's also quite worth pointing out that 2/3 of the spells you find there are Pyromancies! (The third being a Miracle with Velka, which the harpies follow.)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Shrug* This all makes an incredible amount of sense to me, and I want to know what you all think about it. <(^.^<) Feel free to start discussion about it! big grin

~Tevin/Tmacandcheese/Amorenic <(^.^<)

EDIT: So one of the points got knocked out, about Priscilla killing Gwynevere, but the rest of my argument still stands <(^.^<)

Last edited by tmacandcheese on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

My Theory about Priscilla [Spoilers and whatnot] Empty Re: My Theory about Priscilla [Spoilers and whatnot]

Post by DoughGuy Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Gwynevere is normal sized. The illusion of her is Dolin's perfect vision of her, based on his odd upbringing as a woman. The coffin behind Dolin is for Gwyn, and represents him as a titanic force, while not actually representing his true size.
    Gwnynevere fled anor londo with her husband Flann as per the ring of suns princess.
    The gods feared Priscilla for her half breediness and her power of lifehunt.
    Gwynevere isnt the confirmed mother of Pris either, its just as likely dusk is the mother per her being trapped in seaths golem and pris's relation to Oolacilian magic.
    tmacandcheese

My Theory about Priscilla [Spoilers and whatnot] Empty Re: My Theory about Priscilla [Spoilers and whatnot]

Post by tmacandcheese Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:50 am

Edited that part out of it then =P However, the rest of my idea stands <(^.^<)
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:54 am

Oh i meant to mention as well. There are 7 daughters of chaos. You can see them in the intro and I believe it is said somewhere in game there are 7. They are Quelaag and her sister Quelaan. Quelana. The one in front of the BoC. The one on Ceaseless's altar and the last 2 are believed to be the roots protecting the BoC.
    She never uses pyromancy.
    I find it unlikely she fought in the "chaos wars". From the doll's description it sounds like she went into the PW at an early age. The BK can be explained that Gwyn wouldnt want anyone entering the PW to help her out.
    Sorry for tearing up your idea but there are a lot of things you missed.
    tmacandcheese

Post by tmacandcheese Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:31 am

Not a problem man <(^.^<) I posted this with hopes of either confirmation or denial, I just wanted to hear what others thought of it <(^.^<)

I simply just don't find it very likely that Priscilla has little to no backstory to be found. For somebody who gets her own side world, I feel like she has to be a puzzle piece for SOMETHING, and I'm just trying to come up with possibilities <(^.^<)
    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheLolrider Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:48 am

Man, it's hard to determine who the mother is because Seath is huge compared to every other NPC in the game (Gwynevere isn't really that big).

Is it possible that Priscilla was created with magic? Seath was known to kidnap maidens to experiment on, it's not impossible that he used magic to make one of them pregnant. It's canon that souls can be split into pieces, something similar may have happened with Priscilla.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:55 am

The current theory is Seath test tubed Pris. However the community is divided over whether the mother is Dusk, Gwynevere, Velka or other.
    tmacandcheese

Post by tmacandcheese Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 am

Yup. I just had the thought with the black knight and the chaos wars and whatnot, and connected the Witch of Izalith to it =P Just because those are the generally accepted candidates doesn't mean that they're correct xD So I just wanted to see thoughts on this idea <(^.^<)
    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheLolrider Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:20 pm

If Seath did create Priscilla artificially, the mother could be just about anybody, because size is no longer a factor.

We'd have to judge based on facial features, but we have no idea what any of the potential candidates look like.
    Dusk would make a lot of sense. Priscilla has the power of invisibility, an Oolacile sorcery, and Dusk is trapped in one of Seath's crystal golems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 am