Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Everynevers
Carphil
CaligoIllioneus
The Wandering Knight
Tomhet
BloodBlade22
Valentine's
THEOGLUIGI
Gambs_the_Grey
AzureCrow
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
GrinTwist
TheAshenPhantom
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Seignar
20 posters

Mimics are awesome

CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

mimics - Mimics are awesome - Page 2 Empty Re: Mimics are awesome

Post by CaligoIllioneus Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:22 pm

I think the "breathing" mentioned didn't reference a sound, but how the chest moves very, very slightly (the lid going up and down) which is actually the mimic breathing.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm probably just thinking of the noise they make after you loyd them, by the time I reached the chamber I was very low on flasks and had only a few talismans, little did I know if you loyd an attacking mimic it can get back up. :pale:

And as CaligoIllioneus said I've spent far too much time staring at that chest moving before mustering up the courage to attack it.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:56 pm

I don't think I've ever actually used a loyd's talisman on a mimic before. I just attack the mimic and that's it.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Never gotten eaten by one silly

Lies, I did got eaten, because he can eat you even after he stands up.

First mimic at sens, some serpent dudes were following me to the trap room, and by attacking them I woke up the mimic. I was so scared anyway, and he kick my *** in kung fu style.

Like others, I started to attack every chest ever since. I still attack some chests today, because I don't remember if its a mimic or not ...
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:56 pm

I think most of the mimic's are found through Sen's fortress to the Duke's Archives. As I can't remember seeing any mimics anywhere else in the game.

It's interesting now that I think about it that they only show up in Sen's Fortress, Anor Londo, and The Duke's Archives. Maybe Seath may have created them as he created the Pisacas, but they were let loose.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:04 pm

It's very useful in a tight spot as they will always go through the sleep animation giving you time to run or heal, also it makes it possible to infinity farm for symbols of avarice as they will produce it randomly every 20 or 30 sleep animations at max find. So in theory it would be possible to always get one by sen's and farm souls and items earlier.

The balanced aspect is if you use one as they wake up from another talisman they seem to go to sleep then immediately get up and attack forcing you to loyd them again, also I'm fairly certain if you use one on a dormant mimic to raid it then leave it alone they'll still aggro and attack you if your too close.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Ah well thank you for the info, but seeing as I have been able to deal with mimics very easily on all occasions I think I might do it once for fun and leave the talismans alone.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:36 pm

Early on in my 1st playthru I got an eery message from a invader that had killed me that just said "Hit the chests". I was in the Burg at the time so I started hitting the chests. It's actually how I found the Great Hollow, lol. But by the time I got to Sen's I had kinda got lax. That stupid thing munched my face hardcore.

I got munched just the other day from the one in the DLC. I went in with another character and just didn't remember, lol.

I love the ideas for making them scarier from all the responses. I really loved their implementation.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:45 pm

"Hit the chests"

That is a very ominous warning about the mimics... I like it big grin
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:56 pm

I got munched just the other day from the one in the DLC. I went in with another character and just didn't remember, lol.
    When I saw that lone chest in the middle of the tower, the first thing that came into mind was: "Obvious Mimic is obvious". After that, every chest was smacked before opened, which made the Crest Key easy to obtain.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:04 pm

I think mimics should do more than just mimic chests. Think of all those pots in Anor Londo, weird Abyss growth thingies in the DLC -- basically anything in the chameleon spell list should have some small chance of being a mimic. Could also give them some sort of ranged tongue attack or perhaps tiptoeing ability to compensate for the lack of a tasty lure that a chest presents.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:33 pm

I don't know how well that would work. I mean we all know why mimics mimic chests, because they know we love treasure. Why would they be disguised as a pot in Anor Londo? Just to jump out at us? That's not that that bad of an idea although I'd think it would be more of a jumpscare rather than the build-up to see if the chest is a mimic or not.

Another issue I would see with it is that mimics have the body of a chest they aren't using a chameleon spell to hide themselves. So they would either have to have the body of a pot which would be interesting to see, or they would have to have a completely different form, that isn't a pot. Let's not also forget that a pot mimic would have to have a different type of eating attack, which I don't think that's a bad thing either it would just have to be different.
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 pm

My friend told me that there were mimics chest things in the game before I started, so I beat the crap out of every chest I saw and rolled away from them as soon as I opened them. By the time I got to Sen's I just guessed that he was trolling me as nothing found one.

That's when I lost my face.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed May 08, 2013 11:19 am

befowler wrote:basically anything in the chameleon spell list should have some small chance of being a mimic.

This just gave me a great idea. They should make a spell that lets players mimic chest. Imagine an invader casting this spell in the host's world. The host runs to the chest and gets hit by a Zweihander or a Soul Spear. The obvious problem is the problem we already have with mimics. After one or two playthroughs you know which chest is a mimic and which chest isn't. The problem would even be worse, because if the host already opened or killed all the chest in the area, then the spell would be useless. It would also only be effective in Sen's Fortress, Anor Londo, and Duke's Archives, because experianced players know only those places have mimics. Only a new player would fall for the trick.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu May 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Lol @ mimics in pots and whatnot. It's like the rats in the depths. Maybe you need a creature that has a dragonslayer bow type shoving effect to break out of pots and push you off cliffs or into other dangerous enemies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:09 pm