Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Enter the Dragon! Dragon Quality build for Arena, SL100

Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Enter the Dragon! Dragon Quality build for Arena, SL100 Empty Enter the Dragon! Dragon Quality build for Arena, SL100

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:13 am

http://tinyurl.com/dyakuw3

Nearly any spear can be used with this build as a backup. However, I chose the Pike due to its range/damage ratio; its high physical damage will receive the greatest benefit from the Leo Ring while still remaining competitive with spears like the DSS and SKS if you can manipulate spacing properly. The halberd is one of my favorite weapons in the game however, and it receives a massive damage boost from the Leo ring counter; so much so that a Leo ring counter can hit for upward of 600 damage! That's not all- the Dragon roar effect serves to stun the opponent as well as give its user a damage buff for several seconds- a counter under these circumstances can hit for a ridiculous amount of damage. Consider this the melee glass cannon build, deadly in the right hands.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Enter the Dragon! Dragon Quality build for Arena, SL100 Empty Re: Enter the Dragon! Dragon Quality build for Arena, SL100

Post by Spurgun Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:01 am

Looks good. But i have a few things to add.
    You probably wont be able to hit them after you've stunned with a roar (if you use the halberd). You might hit them sometimes, but it's not consistent. And, they can often hit you through the roar. But if you can break their guard, then you'll easily hit them and deal massive damage.

I don't like the leo ring, and i definitively wouldn't use it with 0 poise. The leo ring is very inconsistent due to lag. And you have to hit them while they're in the attack animation, so it's very possible that they stun (and then stunlock) you when you try to get the leo bonus. This is just preference though, so use it if it works for you.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Enter the Dragon! Dragon Quality build for Arena, SL100 Empty Re: Enter the Dragon! Dragon Quality build for Arena, SL100

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:23 pm

The point of using the Halberd isn't to constantly attack the opponent and leave yourself open, it's to strike the opponent's openings with precise timing, and that's where the Leo Ring comes in handy. I'm also guessing the roar will be able to reflect pursuers if I can time it properly.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:37 pm

You can dead angle with the roars. You will hit them every time with the halberd after a DA roar.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm

I don't like doing that though. I feel like one of the guys who use the roar to BS people, or deadangle people with WoG spam. And, either i was doing something wrong, or it doesn't work every time.

@Ghadis. Yes, but the halberd will leave you open if you miss. And they could just poise through your hit. and you'll have a hard time dodging/blocking them once they realize that you have 0 poise.
    That build will be very powerful against str weapon, but dex weapons will give you a hard time.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:33 pm

That's what the pike is for spur- and Dex users leave themselves open when they run out of stamina. I out reach them too, so as long as I space myself properly I can fight a Dex user with the Halberd.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 pm