Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Shkar
Automancer
BartholomewWenceslas
Argetlam350
Shindori
Back Lot Basher
PlasticandRage
Gazman0169
12 posters

The Daughters of Chaos Lore (a little theory of mine)...

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The Daughters of Chaos Lore (a little theory of mine)... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Daughters of Chaos Lore (a little theory of mine)...

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 am

No there's not, when you first meet Solaire he tells you about the time distortion by saying...
    The flow of time itself is convoluted; with heroes centuries old phasing in and out. The very fabric wavers, and relations shift and obscure.
    ... and with the new DLC sending us hundreds of years back in time, there is nothing to say that we do not go forward/backwards in time every time we go from one area to the next.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

The Daughters of Chaos Lore (a little theory of mine)... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Daughters of Chaos Lore (a little theory of mine)...

Post by Shkar Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:20 am

Gazman0169 wrote:No there's not, when you first meet Solaire he tells you about the time distortion by saying...
    The flow of time itself is convoluted; with heroes centuries old phasing in and out. The very fabric wavers, and relations shift and obscure.
    ... and with the new DLC sending us hundreds of years back in time, there is nothing to say that we do not go forward/backwards in time every time we go from one area to the next.

One eccentric person saying something doesn't make it true. And there is a big difference between one of the most powerful beings in existence making a bridge to a different time period and the fabric of time itself being distorted.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Time is distorted in Lordran hands-down. Darkroot could have very well been Oolacile if thats what time period it was in when the MC entered. If you go from Anor Londo's perfectly made rooms to the dukes archives ramshackled environment it sorta makes sense. Look at the gears in the prison, very rusted and old. The wood looks very aged as opposed to the Anor Londo furniture. Also the flowers are wilted and not browned on the tables making it look as if it's only been a couple weeks since someone has tidied up the place as opposes to the archives. Anyways nothing concrete but time travel between areas seems totally plausible.

Sorry. It's very early.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Or there could be magic involved. Only one area still seems "fresh", and it just so bappens to be the home of a god. He can create constructs/illusions that can straight up.murder you, he can probably make a chair or two.

Besides, the wallpaper is peeling. That doesn't happen over a week or two.
    Skarectum
    Skarectum
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Skarectum Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm

I always saw the 'flow of time is distorted' being as close to an explanation for invasions as you're ever going to get, I.E. There are multiple timelines running out of sync with each other (think in terms of each player's game), and 'heroes', or players, can jump in and out of different worlds. Personally, I believe that, whilst the time distortion theory is plausible, it would be constant in each world, that is, if the player jumps forward in time when passing into the Demon Ruins, so will Quelana.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Now i'm sorry but time being distorted is not the same as time being flippin' snapped, jumped on in full havels (or fatrolled on as the case may be) and scattered to the wind.
    The distortion of time i think allows 2 worlds (in actual fact the same world just years later. From what frampt says it seems you arent the only chosen undead) to come into contact for a short length of time allowing you to be summoned between worlds. You cannot travel in time bar the very special epesode when a being of immense power draggs you through time. Also if you listen carefully to quelana it becomes clear that she is the only one of her family to escape the chaos. this means it HAS to be her just before the BoC probrably checking you killed the BoC. After all she knows when to hand over her final pyromancy and i doubt she is a psykik (excuse poor spelling). I think Salaman brought his pyromancy to the great swamp and tought it there. I know i dont have to remind you how pyromancy was invented so tell me how else it reached the great swamp of all places.
    i think XK is a former DoC. the fair lady's speech when you speak to her inplys she has made a covenant with others in the past.
    Edit: almost forgot the corpses you see arent that of the witch of I. Speech by Quilana inplys the witch of I is still alive in some form when she talks of her familys suffering and the BoC looks a bit like a person when it gets spitit arms and a spirit head and body.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:28 am

It is highly doubtful that the Daughter just before the BoC is Quelana, for the plain and simple reason she is immediately hostile towards the player, but both prior to and after the fight I don't think she could be more placid even if she tried, and so unless she is a total schizo I think it is safe to say that she is one of the other Daughters.

Also there is nothing to say that Salaman brought pyromancy to the great swamp, but every reason to suggest that Quelana did during her flight from Izalith.

Xanthious cannot be a Daughter of Chaos, for one he is referred to in the game as a King, which would seem to imply that he is a Male, and secondly there is nothing to suggest that there are more than seven Daughters all of whom can be counted for.

Finally, where did you get the idea that the corpses may be the Witch, when I think it's a given that the Witch forms part, if not all, of the BoC?
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Hey hey now i am the one who is saying the witch is the BoC. Xanthus can be a DoC even though he is male. The DoC is a covenant with the daughters changed by chaos and in no way reffers to the form or sex of the people in it. much in the same way that not everyone in the cat covenant is a cat (none are in fact).
    You being attacked by quilana could be her tring to test your skill and i have explained why i think it cannot possibly be the other daughters.

Lastly while i admit there is little evidence to support salaman having brought pyromancy to the great swamp (bar my logic in my previous post) there is NO evidence quilana did. Seems to me she escaped as far as blightown then remained there as pennece for running away (which she beleves was cowadice).
    IPhoenix
    IPhoenix

Post by IPhoenix Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:12 am

first of all hello guys i'm new happy

i think its safe to say that the DoC attacking you und front of the BoC isnt quelana for one reason: if you kill quelana in blighttown she is dead and wont return so why shouldnt she stay dead when you kill her in LI i also think she says that she doesnt want to get close to BoC so why would she go there

as for the DoC issue DoC isnt a covenant the covenant is called Chaos Servants maybe you got confused there

got one question about ceaseless: in the description of the orange charred ring it says "since his sores were inflamed by lava from birth.." so question is was the brother mutated before chaos was spreading or is the description just missleading??

last but not least: quelana might actually be the sacrificed daughter and the quelana teaching us pyro could be a ghost like the black knights they are "disembodied spirits" and still they can kick your *** quite well...

i excuse for bad spelling i'm from germany and there might be quite a lot of mistakes in my text happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm