Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Reaperfan
Elite Knight
Servant of Priscilla
Argetlam350
DoughGuy
BartholomewWenceslas
Onion Knight
11 posters

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread! (Discontinued.)

BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread!  (Discontinued.)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread! (Discontinued.)

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Sounds like some very good devs. Any company that listens that well to their fanbase deserves some good praise
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread!  (Discontinued.)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread! (Discontinued.)

Post by Onion Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:28 pm

They really are. Us original players also get a lot of perks in A Realm Reborn as thanks for our patience with them. I haven't mentioned this in the original post since this is for new players interested in the relaunch.
    Check out the letters from the producer in the other info section, those are the dev updates on progress. And the 3rd one has A Realm Reborn Alpha footage. A lot of it!
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Will add races to story and setting on Friday.
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Onion Knight wrote:They really are. Us original players also get a lot of perks in A Realm Reborn as thanks for our patience with them.
    Not telling them about our cheaper forever subscription or all our free goodies and optional access to the alpha? silly
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:11 pm

The Wandering Knight wrote:
    Onion Knight wrote:They really are. Us original players also get a lot of perks in A Realm Reborn as thanks for our patience with them.
    Not telling them about our cheaper forever subscription or all our free goodies and optional access to the alpha? silly
    D: Giving me away as usual! haha silly
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Onion Knight wrote:
    The Wandering Knight wrote:
    D: Giving me away as usual! haha silly

Yea I was reading a website forum about FFXIV and I really wish I had started to play this game sooner silly
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 pm

Err.... is that map ok for you guys? silly
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Yeah its fine.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Good, it just helps with understanding where everything is and reading about the story etc. That was hard to find mind.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Onion Knight wrote:Err.... is that map ok for you guys? silly
    Yea it is!!! It shows all the major cities and landforms and great details.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Good , oh and if anyone is wondering where the 'Reckoning' took place, it happened at Mor Dhon.
    Also hope the video links are useful, still waiting for the Letter from the producer 4 to be put up onto youtube. Will update when that happens.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:36 pm

Okay two questions, both I guess could sound dumb but I kind of have to ask out of curiousity. First, would you say that with everything this game has to offer, is it worth the monthly payment whatever that may be for A Realm Reborn?
    Second one, would you perchance know what class and/or the armor the one guy (the short black haired guy) in the End of an Era trailer/cutscene is wearing? Just looks really awesome so I had to ask.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 pm

Of course happy. I'd recommend buying it if you're looking to for a new rpg. You have that 1 month for free and then make up your mind (that's the mmo players code silly ) Oh and I've update the subscription section since the details have been released happy .
    Second question - It's the artefact armour for the warrior job. I'll explain that further when I update that section.
    Hope this helps!
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 pm

All right thanks. Ya, I didn't jump on FF14, kind of now wish I did but A Realm Reborn looks like a good of place as any to do so.

As for the armor, thanks for that help. Hopefully it's in a Realm Reborn because I know what I'm going to be looking for now when it does come out. XD

Can't wait to see all the other info you are posting. For now I'll just go and read the backstory and such to know what is going on in the game.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:53 pm

No problem happy . And I can defiantly confirm you can get that armour in ARR (it will just take you a long time to get it silly). All the current jobs are staying in happy .
    Will be busy for the next couple of days , but when I'm free look forward to seeing the races section updated.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 am

Well I'm patient and if it's really good I'll be sticking with it. I take it though that it kind of is rare or something.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:17 am

Not rare at all happy . No grinding for armour in 1.0 or ARR happy . Armour is acquired through either crafting or quest rewards! The artefact armour for each job is a reward for a very high level quest. Hence it'll take a while.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am

Ah I see. No grinding for armor sounds awesome.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:15 am

Question: Is the loot system similar to Skyrim-Diablo where a rat can drop an ice oak staff randomly? Or is it specific item drops like DkS? Are the quest rewards random as well?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 am

It's specific item drops, but I don't remember mobs dropping weapons or armour really. Quest rewards were fixed but apart from artefact armour , player crafted stuff was usually better. It's why crafting was so popular. happy But all this may change in ARR. The combat system is having a huge overhaul, so the loot system might do to. I'll let you know when I know!
    Hope this helps. big grin
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:06 pm

If you guys wanna see the gameplay of FFXIV 1.0 Check out this guys Let's Play series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geDG0tJYOLk He has a whole series just for FFXIV big grin
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:42 pm

He's my LinkShell leader. silly
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 pm

But I should probably add that to the other information section.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Onion Knight wrote:He's my LinkShell leader. silly
    BJKBDKJbgiabgdgfgwiugvifefiu4???????? HOLY **** NO WAY!!!!!!!! I love this guy silly
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:02 pm

Yup, in later videos you'll see him form the LinkShell 'Distant World.' I think me and Wandering might make cameo's in some later videos, it's been a while since I've seen them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am