Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Tolvo
FireGryph
6 posters

Etiquette question

FireGryph

Etiquette question Empty Etiquette question

Post by FireGryph Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Hey all, just need to talk about this for my own conscience I suppose. When it comes to PvP etiquette, there are major differences between invading and duels, correct?
    In an invasion, if Im the host, I will do everything in my power to kill the invader. They arent welcome, they arent invited, theyre just there to be a pain in the butt and prevent my progress, and/or waste some of my humanity if they kill me. I understand lots of people will say that being alive in the first place is invitation enough, but when you're going through the game and need some help, such as summoning an NPC phantom for a boss fight, you need to be alive.
    I feel that if you want a fair fight with all the bowing and no healing and whatnot, don't invade. Drop your red sign somewhere or go to the arena, etc. There are ways to be welcomed into a world for a duel, and if you want that kind of fair fight then go through those routes.

Now, I usually play with a couple friends, and I will admit to farming invaders unfairly sometimes. We would gang up around the spawn area in Kiln or such, use the finger to reset the invasion timer, rinse and repeat. Some say thats bad mannered, some might thank us though as well as discouraging gankers from being a pain in the rear when the hosts are just trying to progress.

What is the general consensus, however? Invasions are no holds barred? Or are you supposed to bow and go 1v1 with invaders even if youre teamed up in your game?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Etiquette question Empty Re: Etiquette question

Post by Tolvo Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Bowing an 1v1 is only suggested for summoning red phantoms. There are invaders who are willing to duel of course and play nice, so I'd say just try to base it off of how they are acting. But always be wary. The only real general thing is that farming invaders is really bad manners.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Its a huge butt grey zone .

If you want to Duell with an Invader (Bowing and all of the other things) people usually accept it and Bow back (at least in my experience).

And there are Hotspots for PVP where Invasions are usually treated as a Duell (Painted World, Kiln,) because its so much faster than with the Red Soapstone .

And about "no holds barred" you have to decide yourself . If you REALLY want to get the Invader out of your World then do so by using everything in your might to do so , or try to have a little Duell both of the options boil down to the same anyway : One Dead Person .

Its your Game play it however you want
    (And keep doing farming . I enjoy 3v1 Fights big grin )

Edit : This is his first Post ?...Oh not this again please
    FireGryph

Post by FireGryph Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:35 pm

Marino. wrote:Edit : This is his first Post ?...Oh not this again please

Im obviously missing something...
    and Ive already been downvoted once?!
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:40 pm

We already had several People with low Post counts making threads about touchy topics with the intention to cause unrest .

You probably got downrated because you seem to be one of those People .

I'm not saying you are .
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Yeah guys, don't downrep him for asking a question. He's new.
    FireGryph

Post by FireGryph Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Ahhh, okay. Yeah, not trying to cause unrest, I just didn't have anything else to talk about on the forums, and this topic has been bugging me a bit. The wiki touches on a few things about etiquette, but not as in depth and as up-to-date as an answer here on the forums would provide.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:53 pm

I agree with you up to the point where you are farming (trolling) invaders.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Basicly:
    Everyone has a different etiquete, Some dislike Dark Magic users or WoG or Hornet Ring Backstab Fisher or Havel circus Clowns or Crystal Broken Sword users etc etc .

For me everything is fair game unless it is a prearranged Duel with rules that everyone involved agreed to .

The only thing thats not ok in my Book is Mail that degrades someone .
    But it is Hilarious to see how People get worked up over a game though silly
    somnam
    somnam
    Casual
    Casual

Post by somnam Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:15 am

Reason to be polite in pvp: they'll remember you and won't spare any courtesy on you next time.

Plenty of invaders I've met appeared uninvited looking for a fun fight, that is so much better than when an invader really sets out to ruin you.

Someone who wants to invade won't be discouraged, invaders lose nothing, but when an invasion turns into a bs contest, even if you win you'll still hate it.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:56 am

FireGryph wrote:In an invasion, if Im the host, I will do everything in my power to kill the invader. They arent welcome, they arent invited, theyre just there to be a pain in the butt and prevent my progress, and/or waste some of my humanity if they kill me. I understand lots of people will say that being alive in the first place is invitation enough, but when you're going through the game and need some help, such as summoning an NPC phantom for a boss fight, you need to be alive.
    I feel that if you want a fair fight with all the bowing and no healing and whatnot, don't invade. Drop your red sign somewhere or go to the arena, etc. There are ways to be welcomed into a world for a duel, and if you want that kind of fair fight then go through those routes.
    Just to address your sweeping generalization that invaders are not welcome: try to consider the fact that there are certain "PvP hotspots". In these places, most hosts wait for people to invade; thus, invaders are very much welcome. About dropping Red Signs: again, looking at PvP hotspots, Red Signs result in fewer fights than using a Red/Blue Eye Orb to invade.

Honestly, the moment that upset me the most when playing this game was when I invaded Dark Anor Londo to get attacked by three players as soon as I spawned. This happened a few more times by the same players. I finally killed them eventually, and got some hatemail. They claimed that their ganking was justified because I was "unwelcomed" and I was "wrong to invade in the first place". That is just ridiculous. They obviously were not going to kill the last boss in the area (Gwyndolin); they were just waiting there to get souls by ganking invaders. If you are standing around waiting to be invaded, then you are "welcoming" invaders.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm