Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Jovias-86
Forum Pirate
Shakie666
Shungi
Infighter
reim0027
Glutebrah
Ghadis_God
Back Lot Basher
vatar5
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Spurgun
Rarayn
FruitPunchNinja
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Icegodzilla
Joichiro
PlasticandRage
Revoltage
WyrmHero
PwnasauresRex
RANT
26 posters

IM DOING IT!!!(STR covenant)

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

IM DOING IT!!!(STR covenant) - Page 2 Empty Re: IM DOING IT!!!(STR covenant)

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:38 am

hmm didn't think about the black knight being armor that we took as trophies good call
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:39 am

Quick attempt at lore. I hope it fits with the concept you had in mind here.

Long ago, following the Witch of Izalith's attempt to replicate the First Flame, Gwyn's Knights were sent to fight the demons that emerged from the Bed of Chaos. They took to their task with great urgency, successfully containing the heretical energies of Lost Izalith and beating back these agents of chaos and destruction.

However, like with all things in the age of fire, there was disparity. For while most of the knights remained true in their devotion to Lord Gwyn, some were fascinated by the great strength and power of these vile beasts. They sought to emulate them; drinking their blood, consuming their souls and revelling in the carnage they caused. Some even went as far as throwing away their refined weaponry in favour of the massive tools of destruction carried by the very creatures they fought.

In time, they became more like the creatures they hunted than their brothers in arms. They were driven out for their destructive tendencies; exiled into what remained of Lost Izalith and its surroundings. What became of these knights, you ask? Contained within the Demon Ruins, they continued their rampage for centuries. Little remained of the once proud and noble knights they had been. However, with the fading of the Age of Fire, perhaps it is time for these warriors to once again emerge from the depths of chaos?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:50 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:i can rearrange things so that build can use the gaxe would that work? mostly i just wanted something that could use the manus catalyst....

Greataxe would work since it's on the list of allowed weapons. All the weapons I posted scale really well with str and justcapping your str at 27 wijlr b more than enough if you're gonna two Han dyour weapon unless you wanna one hand it.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:51 am

are great bows allowed?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:06 am

I'm interested in this. Don't know if i'm going to join or not though. silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 am

i decided gough's gb is allowed since it scales really well with str.
    @rarayn i like the last part the best, maybe if we can get someone else that might be interested in helping with the lore we could pm each other and work on it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am

Joichiro wrote:dude i'm in.

what's supposed to do?

right now just wait till we set up everything i guess lol
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:55 am

I'm making a SL 100 Strength build right now.

This could be right up my alley...
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm in!
    J'aime a lot STR weapons~

My dual faith demon machete build is on!
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Rarayn wrote:Quick attempt at lore. I hope it fits with the concept you had in mind here.

Long ago, following the Witch of Izalith's attempt to replicate the First Flame, Gwyn's Knights were sent to fight the demons that emerged from the Bed of Chaos. They took to their task with great urgency, successfully containing the heretical energies of Lost Izalith and beating back these agents of chaos and destruction.

However, like with all things in the age of fire, there was disparity. For while most of the knights remained true in their devotion to Lord Gwyn, some were fascinated by the great strength and power of these vile beasts. They sought to emulate them; drinking their blood, consuming their souls and revelling in the carnage they caused. Some even went as far as throwing away their refined weaponry in favour of the massive tools of destruction carried by the very creatures they fought.

In time, they became more like the creatures they hunted than their brothers in arms. They were driven out for their destructive tendencies; exiled into what remained of Lost Izalith and its surroundings. What became of these knights, you ask? Contained within the Demon Ruins, they continued their rampage for centuries. Little remained of the once proud and noble knights they had been. However, with the fading of the Age of Fire, perhaps it is time for these warriors to once again emerge from the depths of chaos?

Cool bit of lore. I like it.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 pm

So is this going to include some Fight Club type sessions? If so i'm down, i love STR vs STR fights. I also already have 2 SL100 str builds.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:40 pm

Yeah, we''ll get together and have str vs str bAttles.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm interested Rant, I'm also pretty good with lore if you want me to write anything. As coincidence goes, I'm currently rolling a heavy Str build right now, so this jumped right out at me.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Had I been playing on a console, I'd love to join. However, there's little point in joining a user-made covenant if you're playing on the PC, as the PC community around here is already something of a diaspora. silly

Ghadis_God wrote:I'm interested Rant, I'm also pretty good with lore if you want me to write anything. As coincidence goes, I'm currently rolling a heavy Str build right now, so this jumped right out at me.
    What did you think about the lore stuff I posted on the previous page? I thought it fit the idea of this covenant pretty well (writing quality aside) but I'd be interested in reading your take on it.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Expanding and drawing from the brilliant lore Rarayn came up with:

With the birth of the flame of chaos and consequent emergence of the chaos demons, Gwyn's knights were called to defend and prevent the spread of demons across Lordran. The fighting was fierce, but battle was the most heated and dire in Izalith. Relentless, the demons retaliated and slowly began to push the knights back as more and more chaos demons were birthed from the Bed of Chaos. Like an endless stream the demons oozed forth. But by their honor, the knights were loathe to abandon the battle even in the face of inevitable defeat.

So the war against chaos continued for what seemed an age. Though honorable were the knights, one by one the chaos quietly seeped into their souls and changed them. Perhaps it was the effect of the long-standing conflict within the fiery domain of Izalith that drove some knights insane. No longer were they knights of Gwyn, but scarred and unwilling Knights of Chaos. Soon after, Izalith was lost to the chaos demons.
    Rarayn wrote:In time, they became more like the creatures they hunted than their brothers in arms. They were driven out for their destructive tendencies; exiled into what remained of Lost Izalith and its surroundings. What became of these knights, you ask? Contained within the Demon Ruins, they continued their rampage for centuries. Little remained of the once proud and noble knights they had been. However, with the fading of the Age of Fire, perhaps it is time for these warriors to once again emerge from the depths of chaos?
    I changed up what Rarayn wrote a bit, but I'm not the best at this. Tell me what you think.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:I'm interested Rant, I'm also pretty good with lore if you want me to write anything. As coincidence goes, I'm currently rolling a heavy Str build right now, so this jumped right out at me.

awesome, make sure you post your take on it.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:02 pm

i have been having alot of fun on my str build since i started Fat rolling. i tried Medium roll and hated it. tried fat roll and loved it. new Fat roll build http://mmdks.com/9ay

Ill do my best for Lore..

Thousands of years ago, before the dawn of man as we knew him, there was Sir Santa of Claus: an ape-like creature making crude and pointless toys out of dino-bone and his own waste, hurling them at chimp-like creatures with crinkled hands regardless of how they behaved the previous year. These so-called "toys" were buried as witches, and defecated upon, and hurled at predators who were awoken by the searing grunts of the children. It wasn't a holly jolly Christmas that year; for many were killed!

A warlike race of elves from the red planet landed on the ice-encased earth, and they were immediately enslaved by the unevolved Santa ape to make his confused toys, using galactic elfin technology for Evermore Sanchianados. Toys were made into recognizable shapes and given names like 'train' but these toys were also thrown at predators and defecated upon because they were so stupid. Christmas still sucked a big way.

The ice had made the globe unnavigable. Santa ape did not know what a north pole was. How could he? He was born before science existed, so he arbitrarily placed his workshop right here, long before they unionized, and Christmas was celebrated at each full moon in front of the great red ape.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Glutebrah wrote:i have been having alot of fun on my str build since i started Fat rolling. i tried Medium roll and hated it. tried fat roll and loved it. new Fat roll build http://mmdks.com/9ay

Ill do my best for Lore..

Thousands of years ago, before the dawn of man as we knew him, there was Sir Santa of Claus: an ape-like creature making crude and pointless toys out of dino-bone and his own waste, hurling them at chimp-like creatures with crinkled hands regardless of how they behaved the previous year. These so-called "toys" were buried as witches, and defecated upon, and hurled at predators who were awoken by the searing grunts of the children. It wasn't a holly jolly Christmas that year; for many were killed!

A warlike race of elves from the red planet landed on the ice-encased earth, and they were immediately enslaved by the unevolved Santa ape to make his confused toys, using galactic elfin technology for Evermore Sanchianados. Toys were made into recognizable shapes and given names like 'train' but these toys were also thrown at predators and defecated upon because they were so stupid. Christmas still sucked a big way.

The ice had made the globe unnavigable. Santa ape did not know what a north pole was. How could he? He was born before science existed, so he arbitrarily placed his workshop right here, long before they unionized, and Christmas was celebrated at each full moon in front of the great red ape.

i think ive seen that movie.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Can I put a plug in for the Mura? Sure, it scales with Dex, but it fights like a strength weapon. It is heavy, requires 28 strength, slow moving, and hits like a truck.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:46 pm

i thought about the server only because its found in blighttown but i decided against them since the glgs and the mura but theyre more like gravelord weapons.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:50 pm

I am interested too, I am on PC,and i just love my Dragon Greatsword
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:11 pm

lol never had the str to wield the dragon great sword, happy i started a str build gonna see what all the cool weapons are like
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:26 pm

i love the dragon greatsword, that thing has good reach and ar and you cant beat that r2.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Also that Demon's Great axe is so good when 2 handed, Why i never tried out STR build ? I just fell in love with it
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Infighter wrote:Also that Demon's Great axe is so good when 2 handed, Why i never tried out STR build ? I just fell in love with it

the greataxes have this wierd timing to parry that if people havent had much practice parrying it it can be hard to parry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am