Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Minorino
Rynn
callipygias
SlakeMoth
RedderAI
9 posters

I step through the fog gate and ready my bow.

RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

I step through the fog gate and ready my bow. Empty I step through the fog gate and ready my bow.

Post by RedderAI Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:28 am

I take aim closely at the bare-chested abomination that was once a daughter of chaos.

I release my arrrow directly into her skull, then her chest, then her arm, then her stomach, then her face etcetera etcetera.

I did not no you can pretty much keep Quelaag in stun-lock throught her whole fight, just got to have good aim. In my opinion the bosses are waaaaay to easy with a bow. It is fun to do a bow-only playthrough so far. I just whooped O&S and now I'm in the dukes archives about to head into the crystal cave. I have the Pharis gear and a +15 shortbow, +10 fire shortbow, and the +12 BBoP. Rocking the large arrows and fire arrows

It's been great!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I step through the fog gate and ready my bow. Empty Re: I step through the fog gate and ready my bow.

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:36 pm

I've said this so many times 'bows are the most underated weapons in the game'. Pity they don't work so well against the 4 Kings though.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

I step through the fog gate and ready my bow. Empty Re: I step through the fog gate and ready my bow.

Post by RedderAI Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:24 pm

I actually have a harder time with mobs rather than bosses. The shielded sentinels for one. Hard as *** to get an arrow in his front.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Shoot 'em in the arm, it works just as well.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:04 pm

I have an sl 55 in Anor Londo with 50 Faith who uses a +5 Occult Composite Bow with Moonlight Arrow as her main weapon. It can 2-shot the Silver Knights, and 4 shot (almost 3) the sentinels. Sentinels are actually easy one-at-a-time, just bait an attack, roll back, R1. It'll land every time. The ***** is that you have to stay fairly close so you can get to them while they heal.

Bows are great fun, but they're hardly op. Wish you could buff them.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:31 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:Shoot 'em in the arm, it works just as well.
    Shoot them in their feet. It's registered as the head, so you get bonus damage.
    Minorino
    Minorino
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Minorino Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Started a new character recently, and decided to use a bow as much as I can. It really is a lot of fun! I combine it with the Estoc though.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:23 am

How would you stunlock Snorax & Pikachu?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:11 am

[quote="Automancer"]How would you stunlock Snorax & Pikachu?[/quote
    Headshots with the dragon bow.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:24 am

I want to do a run through the game with 3 bows some day. Just arrows and fog rings everywhere.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:22 am

Automancer wrote:How would you stunlock Snorax & Pikachu?

I wasn't able stun lock them. It took a lot of dodging but Smough came falling down soon enough. Ornstein provided me with a bit of trouble. Usually I would just start swinging against his legs and have most of his attacks sail over my head but with the bow.... He's quite proficient at average-far range. Other than that it wasn't completely hard.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:02 am

I can understand if you shoot them in the head but at the start, there are 2 of those idiots. It'll be quite a chore to properly aim at one's head while the other i charging at you. Either that or you have freaking awesome precision shots!
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Don't forget the hawk ring. 50% extra range can do wonders for you especially against mobs you don't want to aggro.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 am

...I almost didn't believe what you said about Quelaag being stunned if shot in her human half, so I decided to test it out myself.

Her, uh, "arrow cushions" were rather good targets. silly
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:29 am

Rarayn- I know it's off topic, but didn't you used to have scary blue hair? :suspect:
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Rarayn- I know it's off topic, but didn't you used to have scary blue hair? :suspect:

No? My previous avatar was Oswald of Carim, and this one always had brown hair. : o
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 am

Must of got you mixed up with someone else then. :oops:

That's gonna bug me for the rest of the day now. 🇳🇴

All posters with scary blue hair please make yourself known. lol
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:47 am

Ha, it's finally come to me, I got you mixed up with Rynoa! I step through the fog gate and ready my bow. 2707236321

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:48 am