Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
ted1023
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
RANT
ChizFreak
stale
Yesuurd
strangejoy
eneq
PPG-3-
Eliteknight
Serious_Much
lextune
Whknight
TonyDamajer
19 posters

Fire Weapons vs Lightning Weapons

TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Fire Weapons vs Lightning Weapons Empty Fire Weapons vs Lightning Weapons

Post by TonyDamajer Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:16 pm

What are the pros and cons of those modifications?

the dmg is basicly the same but lightning seems to work better against heavy armored targets in pve, also it seems to increase the staggering when hitting someone and I think there are more items for fire resistance (like popular bk shield, flesh sweat).

Also its easier to reach the BS in anor londo.

I have **** of green shards and some red chunks and id like to do a flame weapon but i dont want to miss out on the lightning goodies.

So what has fire speaking for it?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Fire Weapons vs Lightning Weapons Empty Re: Fire Weapons vs Lightning Weapons

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:20 pm

They are roughly the same in terms of damage I find, just easier to get fire resistance than it is lightning. Some enemies are weaker to fight then lightning however, but I only know of the slimes.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Fire doesn't make that stupid lightning sound.

....I go with it for that reason alone.

silly

Seriously though, you are leaving out Chaos weapons. With 10 humanity Chaos outperforms Fire with most weapons.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:24 pm

You don't want fire if you go down that route, you want chaos, more powerful than fire, probably more powerful than lightning.

and well, chaos _____ sounds better than lightning ______ by far silly
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Chaos actually outperforms lightning on some of the weapons I have, its probably the best elemental upgrade path for raw AR.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:39 pm

just make one of each. and enjoy.
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:47 pm

im talking about the pure fire upgrade path - fire +10 vs lightning +5
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:48 pm

im just saying it's not worth wasting the exact same resources of chunks and a slab on a fire weapon compared to a chaos weapon.

pure fire vs lightning, lightning is the winner I'd say in power but it's a waste of a normal slab when you could use it on +15 weapon to buff.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Plus that whole stupid lightning sound thing....

silly
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:56 pm

TonyDamajer wrote:im talking about the pure fire upgrade path - fire +10 vs lightning +5

Fire uses the exact same materials as chaos to upgrade, chaos is better than fire and in some cases, lightning.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Chaos is better, but you need 10 humanity held and that sucks if you are planning to do a lot of invading.

Btw, its harder to upgrade the Fire/Chaos path since farming red slabs are next to impossible. Farming normal slabs are however very easy...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:42 pm

eneq wrote:Chaos is better, but you need 10 humanity held and that sucks if you are planning to do a lot of invading.

makes no difference if you're invading or not... I'd say it's easier to have more humanity when you're invading than not too
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:08 pm

ok
    lightning stays
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:13 pm

Fire is better against O&S and the 4 Kings. Otherwise, lightning is generally better.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Why lightning? I have a chaos+5 gargoyle halberd as well as a lightning+5 gargoyle halberd and the chaos does significantly more damage, and it also has a higher base damage which is better against resistant enemies.

I frankly fail to see understand why people continue to go with lightning? Am I missing something?
    TonyDamajer
    TonyDamajer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TonyDamajer Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:01 pm

eneq wrote:Why lightning? I have a chaos+5 gargoyle halberd as well as a lightning+5 gargoyle halberd and the chaos does significantly more damage, and it also has a higher base damage which is better against resistant enemies.

I frankly fail to see understand why people continue to go with lightning? Am I missing something?

becouse they dont want to rely on having humanity
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Chaos is betterm I always thought if I had 99 humanity the weapon would get better was disappointed to see it didn't though.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Yeah it caps at 10 and that's easy enough to farm whenever one runs out (each PvP death steals one for going human again) so youll need todo some occasional farming thats true.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Having at least 10 humanity is about the easiest thing in the world isn't it?

By the time I get to Anor I have at least 50 in every run through without even trying.

And it is essential at earlier level for the defense boost too.....
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:09 pm

TonyDamajer wrote:
    eneq wrote:Why lightning? I have a chaos+5 gargoyle halberd as well as a lightning+5 gargoyle halberd and the chaos does significantly more damage, and it also has a higher base damage which is better against resistant enemies.

More likely the lightning upgrade path is just stupid easy in comparison. Getting the slabs and embers for chaos takes a little more work.
    stale
    stale

Post by stale Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:25 pm

The Wiki should show how much 10 humanity adds to Chaos weapon damage.

https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/chaos
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:04 pm

TonyDamajer wrote:

If you're doing pvp, you NEED humanity, so chaos it's better. Seriouly I don't use lighting anymore, Chaos is better and most enemies doesn't have too much fire res, Also it's just a elemental weapon at the end, you shouldn't rely on it and should have a much more stronger option, like a spell or a Normal weapon +15 and buff it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:49 pm

its up to you but from playing the game chaos is the best for pve, except demon ruins. lightning is better for pvp since theres very few armor that have high resistance against it, chaos is just as good if not better, dont know why though. i say get chaos, dont be that guy with the lightning weapons its just boring and remember you need ten humanity for max damage.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:55 pm

a chaos reinforced club +2 can take down gravelord nito in under 2 minutes..... its generally what low level challenge runners use to kill gwyn from what i've seen. Chaos FTW
    just wish magic/divine weps had a visual effect....
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Chaos is better.

/thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 am