Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Spurgun
Shakie666
XachAttack
SlakeMoth
Rynn
skarekrow13
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Gazman0169
deadagain
DeltronSeven
14 posters

weapons/items to make the game harder on yourself

DeltronSeven
    DeltronSeven

weapons/items to make the game harder on yourself Empty weapons/items to make the game harder on yourself

Post by DeltronSeven Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:58 pm

Hello everyone,
    since this is my first post I will try to keep it short.

Now I was wondering about doing a playthrough with either the Chaos Blade or the Lifehunt Scythe.
    Both of these Weapons can actually kill the player character and the scythe brings a powerfull effect with an equaly dangerous tradeoff but the chaos blade only really drains your HP but nothing to special in return.
    I was wondering if there is anything about the blade that would make up for the loss (apart from the chaos specific scaling) or if it only increases the overall difficulty?

Also just some discusion on items that make the game generaly more difficult.

Thanks for your time and i'm looking forward to your answears.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

weapons/items to make the game harder on yourself Empty Re: weapons/items to make the game harder on yourself

Post by deadagain Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Welcome to the forums!
    The sword does make health managment more difficult but I don't think that's what it was designed for. Try the calamity ring if you want to challenge yourself.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

weapons/items to make the game harder on yourself Empty Re: weapons/items to make the game harder on yourself

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Welcome to the forums.

If you're looking to make the game harder, try equiping the Dusk and the Calamity Rings whilst being Cursed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCoD-TELD0A :affraid:
    DeltronSeven
    DeltronSeven

Post by DeltronSeven Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:39 pm

big grin certainly gone try both of those ideas plus i think i'm just going to dual wield lifehunt scythe and chaos blade
    screw blocking the enemys wont know what hit them
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:42 pm

the chaos blade is the strongest katana if you don't use buffs, it also seems to have slightly more range and stun capability than other katanas. plus its only 20 dmg a hit and if you use the red tearstone ring its actually an advantage as sometimes its hard to hit the activation point via enemy attacks.
    DeltronSeven
    DeltronSeven

Post by DeltronSeven Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Chaos Blade + Red Tearstone Ring
    why did I not think of that.
    Thanks guys I'll put those ideas to good use weapons/items to make the game harder on yourself 3149687655
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Lifehunt on Seath or Nito makes them much harder. They don't bleed so good and have a generous enough life bar where you'll likely need to back off attacking which makes them harder. Otherwise you can Joaquin Phoneix it and "Swing Away."

Apart from a few bosses like this though the Lifehunt makes life easier in the game. Wicked high base damage and a lot of things do bleed out well.

Spoiler:
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:27 pm

If you wish to challenge yourself use a Caestus in both hands.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:12 am

I don't understand why people should want to make the game harder than it already is. It's quite hard enough for me but then I've never been ambitious, nor do I need to prove my self-worth to myself. I'm pretty dammed perfect as I am. 8)
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:15 am

SlakeMoth wrote:I don't understand why people should want to make the game harder than it already is. It's quite hard enough for me but then I've never been ambitious, nor do I need to prove my self-worth to myself. I'm pretty dammed perfect as I am. 8)

It's cuz you'll get bored eventually and come up with some crazy idea to try lol, it has nothing to do with self worth and all that jazz. I don't think it does anyway o.O.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:55 am

Epic hard mode: use a completely broken straight sword hilt.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:07 pm

On topic :
    Calamity ring.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:58 pm

I know this isn't a weapon or item but the dlc glitch has made the game harder for me. It cost me a very healthy bloodstain on my lvl350 toon.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:05 pm

I'm planning on doing a Deprived run in the near future. That'd do it. Just going to stay at base stats and equipment. I'd think that'll make things pretty difficult
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Ooh Plastic, going naked. What I wouldn't give to see that. lol
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:15 pm

a full caestus run is a good way to challenge yourself, but might i suggest a bow heavy run? slightly easier than the caestus, but really tests your timing, dodge capability, and how well you observe your enemy.

the way it works is that you use a bow for almost everything, whenever you can. any kind of bow will do. short, long, darkmoon, even dragonslayer or goughs. assuming in the beginning you run out of arrows, use a sword till you get to the merchant. after that though, bow only. it'll also test your knowledge of your surroundings, meaning that some walls may have more physical space than apparent at first. you might clip a wall that you don't even hit.

just another suggestion.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:49 am

Probably the hardest thing for me was beating Four Kings on NG+ or higher using the Grass Crest Shield on my back, melee only.

My latest challenge was getting Kalameet's tail at SL 24.
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:14 am

Not sure what level of hard we are going for but , lets over acheive shall we.

Ok so you want to choose the class with the lowest stats. I would say Sorcerer is probably best for this (you wont be using spells). You run entire game with starting weapon and gear. So Straight Sword Hilt and Sorc stuff. You do not use Estus so only bonfires heal you. Unless you just really hate yourself. If that is the case do not use bonfires either , going to put some miles on those Sorc boots. As soon as you have the ability have some trade you a Calamity ring. This should basically completely your misery. You will be causing about one damage on most things ( Manus will be fun). You will have no poise and a horrible shield , so good luck blocking and your armor will provide very little defense against the beating you are sure to receive.

If anyone would like to try this absurd challenge please share with the group lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am