Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+28
Forum Pirate
WandererReece
NinesVoerman
Carphil
GrinTwist
Sloth9230
gaarafrednorris
User
Mr. Tart
Spurgun
Saturday-Saint
Tomhet
Onion Knight
MosquitoPower
Deathsitexxi
barrywilkins
Elite Knight
SlakeMoth
Serious_Much
WyrmHero
cloudyeki
BIG TIME MASTER
Argetlam350
PlasticandRage
Yukon
Tolvo
RANT
BeeSeaEss
32 posters

Sequels that get progressively worse

BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Sequels that get progressively worse  Empty Sequels that get progressively worse

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:59 pm

Most games are really good. But some of their sequels just got worse over the years. Which sequels do you think got progressively worse over time.

The one that bothers me the most is Ape Escape. That game was so original and fun! Ape Escape 2 was good too. But then Ape Escape 3, that was just stupidest game. Specter turns you into couch potatoes?! WTF!!!!!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Sequels that get progressively worse  Empty Re: Sequels that get progressively worse

Post by RANT Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:16 pm

devil may cry, one was really good two was good but the rest got stale. GTA, see devil may cry(gta3 was amaing, the rest were the same thing and didnt add anything that made them different from the rest). Star Ocean, one and two were amaing the rest were good but they didnt have that thing that made the forst two great games. there's more but i cant think of them right now.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Sequels that get progressively worse  Empty Re: Sequels that get progressively worse

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:40 pm

i never played Devil may Cry but my father said the same thing about it. Never played Star Ocean, and i can't play gta but all my friends its just the same game over and over again. oh yea. Pokemon, got better and better until the new black and white, gosh those pokemon are so dumb, they are running out of ideas man... makes me sad sad (good ideas that is)
    and all the kindgom hearts after #2 were just bad in my opinion

Last edited by BeeSeaEss on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Mario RPG/Paper Mario.

The main reason is the Wii installation of the game. A very great and enjoyable RPG turn based series with QTE based modifiers to turn based combat, becoming...Super Mario. It sounds a bit odd but understand, that's what Super Mario is for. Not Paper Mario. The humor was decent at times such as the Nerd Chameleon, but the complete overhaul in gameplay was just really unwanted I'd say. Thankfully Mario and Luigi is still keeping up with the Turn Based combat.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 pm

i only played paper mario 1, but that was an alright game, never really thought it was super great.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Silent hill ever since team silent put it down and it has been passed on from developer to developer like some unwanted child.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm

ha. hope 343 doesnt do that with halo, that would be a shame
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:48 pm

That already happened to Halo IMO, though I wasn't big into that series in the first place so I guess I can't really say.

Doom comes to mind also in this regard.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:59 pm

but Halo has only been passed on 1 time, and Halo 4 is the best of the series!(in my opinion)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Halo Reach. I have yet to play Halo 4.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:10 pm

Dragon Age. I could rant about that one all day.

And, this might not be a popular opinion, but Final Fantasy Tactics. I hated the 'advance' titles. Totally subtracted the things I liked about the series.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:16 pm

KOTOR, TOR is technically a part of the series haha.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:18 pm

For Kingdom Hearts well you can't say there is a sequal after KH2 because there hasn't been a sequal, all the other Kingdom Heart games that have come out after KH2 are actually prequals (well except for Dream Drop Distance and I've never played that one). Just saying. Now if only Square would make KH3.

As for Dragon Age 2, I find that debatable. I know how it was a major step back in several fields from Dragon Age: Origins but I don't think it can be entirely classified as a failure.

Now a sequal that sucked I would have to go with are Ape Escape (loved the first hated the rest), and the new Crash Bandicoot games (don't know if they are direct sequals to the old ones but the new ones suck and made all the characters look terrible in them).
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:32 pm

yea, ape escape sucks now, but i guess what i meant with kigndom hearts prequels and sequels, the games that were related to it and made after it, btw. Dream Drop Distance sounds stupid, and i just hate it...
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Argetlam350 wrote:
    As for Dragon Age 2, I find that debatable. I know how it was a major step back in several fields from Dragon Age: Origins but I don't think it can be entirely classified as a failure.

There are things that I like about it, but I felt all in all the bad outweighed the good. They essentially took out every aspect of exploration. You spend pretty much the entire game in the same place and, when you do sporadically leave, you go to the same reused environments over and over again. That's utter garbage and inexcusable IMO. I liked the characters, some things about the fighting systems, and, what I feel the series does best, the depth of the character development, but there's SO much that's done so poorly. I wasn't a fan of being forced to use Hawke either. I much preferred being my own Warden.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:44 pm

All right then we both agree on what was good and what was bad. Sorry, I didn't state anything on what I thought about DA2 just didn't want to argue. I've run into some people who will just get mad when I talk about how DA2 did all right in some areas, like the combat system (though they could make it more strategic rather then all button mashing). But hey here's hoping to DA3.

With that perhaps back on topic. Sorry for me making it go offtopic.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Argetlam350 wrote:All right then we both agree on what was good and what was bad. Sorry, I didn't state anything on what I thought about DA2 just didn't want to argue. I've run into some people who will just get mad when I talk about how DA2 did all right in some areas, like the combat system (though they could make it more strategic rather then all button mashing). But hey here's hoping to DA3.

With that perhaps back on topic. Sorry for me making it go offtopic.

Yeah, it sounds like we both see it in pretty much the same light. I really wanted to like it. I really really did. I tried to get through it on two separate occasions and both times got to around the place where you fight whats his name there, the leader of the Qunari, and then I just couldn't take it anymore.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:56 pm

never thought it would be this active o.o
    thought it was gonna be a dead one, i'm suprised. was there a topic like this before mine?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Up until very very recently, Sonic the Hedgehog.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Halo hasn't been improved since the original, just new junk added. With a great like that you should only update the graphics and engine.

Ghost Recon has sucked since GRAW. Same deal as Halo, it only needed to have the engine updated, leave the core game alone, it was perfect.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:37 pm

The metal gear solid franchise, in terms of story.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Digimon World
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Call of duty is the obvious option here. Loved MW, from then on it just got stale. The one chance call of duty had at a fresh start ruined by them **** it for all it's worth..

Also i'd put in here empire earth, arguably need for speed and assassin's creed. All downhill from number 2 in my opinion
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Resident Evil. Resi 4 rounded off the series with a bang. One of my favourite games ever. I didn't play much of Resi 5 because I hated it from the off. Africa for heavens sake and as for the latest offering, from what I've heard, that doesn't tick the right boxes either.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Call Of Duty. Need I say more?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:20 am