DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by ChizFreak on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:03 am

Marino. wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:
    Juutas wrote:Punisher NPCs are probably gonna be leveled up by the severity of sin. I'm just glad dark moons are gone, hated those over leveled wog-spamming lightsaber derps.
    guess what? Wraiths do that too. Don't blame the system, blame the pricks who exploit it (and there are always pricks)

Dont hate the Player . Hate the Game 🤡

I don't like Darkmoons so they gone are not a problem for me, and I think gameplay wise is better that punishment is delivered by NPCs, it gives the developers nice tools to play with the player's decisions, without needing intervention of other players that could possibly deliver that punishment unfairly. I'm just saying it feels better that way.

Anyway don't worry pirate, I'm sure they will bring a new covenant similar to that of the Darkmoons.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 2627069376 DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 1447589260ChizFreak DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 1447589260 DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 2627069376
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:18 am

As long as fighting the gank(I'm hoping there's something similar to the forest) doesn't qualify as "sin" this time around, I'm fine. Unless those punishing guys have decent drops; in which case, I might actually get indicted(or whatever replaces it) on purpose this time around.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 Blackm15C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage! DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 Blackm14
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:01 am

Forum Pirate wrote:
    Juutas wrote:Punisher NPCs are probably gonna be leveled up by the severity of sin. I'm just glad dark moons are gone, hated those over leveled wog-spamming lightsaber derps.
    guess what? Wraiths do that too. Don't blame the system, blame the pricks who exploit it (and there are always pricks)

Of course it's the players who do...whatever they do, but Darkmoon covenant just encourages it and I think that is the reason the most derpy players I have met are always the Darkmoons.
    "Guilty pay the price" <---biggest lie in the dark souls universe.
    Of course this is only based on my experiences.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 3248139268"Now stay down!" DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 1330857165"...okay"

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:17 am

Shkar wrote:
    dragonbeast6 wrote:
    Shkar wrote:Of course, it's always zombies with axes that do the punishing. Always zombies! Why can't it ever be succubi!?

Being punished by a succubi woulden`s really be punishment would it silly

Bonfires returning is no big suprice...

Well, it's "punishment" of a sort...

I`ll get ready for the whip then.... cheers

Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:54 am

lol @ "lightsaber derps"
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:03 pm

I'd argue that sl 30 d*ckwraiths demolishing newbies with maxed gear is worse, as there is almost no chance that the player can do anything about it.

Sl 120 dm invading below sl 100 actually isn't common, and 120 darkwraiths can invade sl 100s to. People who know this can invade overleveled anyways.

Also, if the penalty for sin is death, there is nothing unfair about it. Its not "if you sin someone around your sl will come fight fairly" its "If you sin, we kill you." The game even warns you.

If I have to be a bad guy to invade, I'm going to be very unhappy. I don't like playing the bad guy, I just feel like a prick and end up not playing.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 3799246625Perspective is everything. DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 3799246625
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I don't like playing the bad guy, I just feel like a prick and end up not playing.

And yet you play darkmoon. BLINKERS ALERT BLINKERS ALERT. *sigh* :roll:
    your entire argument just now revolved around how darkwraiths were no better. and yet they are evil and darkmoon isnt?
    (also ******* darkmoons are a pain in the *** for those of us who enjoy level 120 pvp, my favorite is the one with 2k+ hp who one hands a demons great axe with DMB on it cue the hornet ring instagib backstabs. you could not invade Lv120 with that BS as a darkwraith)

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Lore wise, the dm's arn't the bad guys. The only rules are "dont kill unprovoked, without the gods permission" and "keep promises".

The gods may or may not be good, but DMs arn't the bad guys.

I enjoy 120 pvp. But the 120 pvp scene isn't how balance decisions should be made. A wraith couldn't invade a 120 with all that, but dming at under sl 40 and/or before anor londo is damn near impossible where wraiths can 1 shot new characters almost at will (and I'd wager this happens more often.)

The 120 pvp scene is an artificial construct decided by players. Others are not responsible for adhering to your rules. If you don't like it, don't sin or level further.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 3799246625Perspective is everything. DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 3799246625
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Lore wise, the dm's arn't the bad guys. The only rules are "dont kill unprovoked, without the gods permission" and "keep promises".

The gods may or may not be good, but DMs arn't the bad guys.

I enjoy 120 pvp. But the 120 pvp scene isn't how balance decisions should be made. A 120 wraith couldn't invade a 120 with all that, but dming at under sl 40 and/or before anor londo is damn near impossible where wraiths can 1 shot new characters almost at will (and I'd wager this happens more often.)

The 120 pvp scene is an artificial construct decided by players. Others are not responsible for adhering to your rules. If you don't like it, don't sin or level further.

LORE WISE. I'm sorry but we could get tangled up in lore arguments for ever. I thought we were discussing impact on players.

I have DM'ed at SL 50. I was in the process of building a 120 and I needed the talisman. that was active enough and at least 4 of my invasions were questers for sure. 2 fled in terror. one got himself killed by the anor londo archers fleeing me and another played well and jumped me with a phantom. before carrying on with the level (from what I saw post death)
    120 may be an artificial construct does that mean *** the community because the devs didnt explicitly state somewhere that it should exist?
    you hit one NPC your vulnerable to darkmoon greifers who cant even be invaded for their trouble. at least a darkwraith is vulnerable to counter invasion (and It happens to me quite alot)
    No forum. you can argue that darkwraiths are no better but if you think that being the darkmoon is in anything other than lore the good guy position you are wearing a pair of class A blinkers.

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:36 pm

Thats what I was talking about. Lore wise, I can't enjoy being the bad guy. Not evil, bad. The wraiths may or may not be evil, but indescriminate slaughter isn't a good thing.

Non lore wise, griefers are griefers. (though I mantain its easier as a wraith than a dm) No point in hating on 1 cov when everybody in any cov can do it.

There is an arena for duels if thats what you want. There is also the rss, but the game isn't about the competition pvp scene. Wraiths can also kill the boss. They can't be invaded then so thats not a valid argument.

I've dm'd 50 too. Notice I said under 40 and before anor londo. It should have been read as "before end game gear is available through most normal means." Thats where griefer invaders are. before the opponent can defend themselves.

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Fair enough then, and yeah I did not contest that sub 40 as I have no experience at it.
    this was back pre DLC when I actually played much and the darkmoon greif was hard and consistent in the burg, and you cannot counter invade them as you can alot of the darkwraiths as they want to keep burg open because hollow.
    (also I didnt have endgame gear till near the end of NG+ dragon weapons carried me through xD)

Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:33 pm

I could host, my problem with that though is that (outside duels) I don't get the thrill of the hunt. Its too consistent.

My problem with continuously hosting duels is that there's little to no risk for them, but every time I die its another 5 minutes humanity farming.

I stay human when I invade, to get some of both, but only hosting sucks.

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:only hosting sucks.

Ain't that the truth.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 Blackm15C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage! DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 Blackm14
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:42 am

I'm worried that no matter what they try to make that executioner like, sooner, or later, players will find a way to defeat it, perhaps find a easy to defeat it.

You all know how hard the bosses were when you first fought them and now, you can kill them on SL 1 while blindfolded.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:08 pm

With my bare fists in some cases. The stray demon, the dynamic duo and gwyn are the only bosses I still have to work for. (for the fantastic 4 its as simple as equip havels and a dgm/mura/gc and r1 spam, heal, repeat)

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:With my bare fists in some cases. The stray demon, the dynamic duo and gwyn are the only bosses I still have to work for. (for the fantastic 4 its as simple as equip havels and a dgm/mura/gc and r1 spam, heal, repeat)
    Yeah, I saw a 5 minute video of some guys beating Gwyndolin with bare fists.

*hears Darkmoons raging in the background*

But you see my point?
    An enemy that's supposed to punish PvPers instead of letting other PvPers do it seems like a bad idea to me.
    If the said enemy will drop souls and items, it will get exploited as hell soon, maybe even farmed, lol.

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:With my bare fists in some cases. The stray demon, the dynamic duo and gwyn are the only bosses I still have to work for. (for the fantastic 4 its as simple as equip havels and a dgm/mura/gc and r1 spam, heal, repeat)

But you see my point?
    An enemy that's supposed to punish PvPers instead of letting other PvPers do it seems like a bad idea to me.
    If the said enemy will drop souls and items, it will get exploited as hell soon, maybe even farmed, lol.

I haven't been following the discussion, but we don't know how SIN is gonna be treated here. Who tells Sin requires you to do something in PvP? Maybe Sin now only comes to PvE instead of PvP. There is now way to now.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 2627069376 DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 1447589260ChizFreak DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 1447589260 DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 2627069376
    A.K.A

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:49 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:

But you see my point?

I haven't been following the discussion, but we don't know how SIN is gonna be treated here. Who tells Sin requires you to do something in PvP? Maybe Sin now only comes to PvE instead of PvP. There is now way to now.
    That's what crossed my mind as well to be honest, but then, unless you would go offline, this said punisher NPC, could strongly affect your online experience as well.

Imagine, that in Sen's event, instead of a lonesome SoV, Reim would've gone invaded by this thing instead. lol!

dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 am

Sentiel wrote:

But you see my point?

Didnt you see the first post I made about it when I saw this Idea? silly

dancash1808 wrote:hmm, AI trying to dole out punishment against the sinful. twisted farm all the chariot riders!

Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks to al0cer for finding these images on facebook

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 De1y6g

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 10yjluc

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 18 2lizg2q

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Those weapons look BA!

Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Those guys remind me of the forgiver costume.. uhm

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:59 pm

The armor kinda looks nordic to me, I'm guessing theses are cleric/warriors or something along those lines.

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Yeah he sent me a message about the images, thanks, but I need a SOURCE. I have been looking for them but I can't find the facebook page where that is posted. I only found "Dark Souls Official" facebook and I didn't saw those images there.

A.K.A

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.433307093409007.99155.119869331419453&type=1

Apparently the page is run by the Namco Bandai community manager. This is his twitter https://twitter.com/Filthierich . I think it's a reliable source.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Community Articles

Current date/time is Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:51 am