Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by dragonbeast6 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:49 pm

morte wrote:
    dragonbeast6 wrote:
    morte wrote:
    dragonbeast6 wrote:Not sure if anyone has seen this but apperently Dark souls 2 will be made on the pc first then ported to the others plattforms.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/19/pc-version-of-dark-souls-ii-aint-no-port/

NOW YOU ALL SHALL KNOW OUR PORT PAIN! RISE UP, MY FELLOW PC GAMERS! RISE UP!

Ok, now that I got that out of the way! I am glad we're going to get a decent copy of Dark Souls II. As epic as Dark Souls was, I'd imagine it would have been even better with the port having been set up better.

Biggest problem with Dark souls on pc (That wasent fixed in the first 15 min)

was gfwl...hopefully since the game is server based that will solve itself this time around.

The problem with servers, though is that we could get things like the sim city fiasco, or the servers would eventually be shut down, making it impossible to play online. It's more of a short-term thing.

Well demon souls server is still up so you probably will be playing Dark souls 3 before that happens.

Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 Empty Re: DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014

Post by Ashran on Mon May 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Any news about preorder?

“There is real beauty in Dark Souls. It reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering. “
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis on Tue May 07, 2013 10:05 am

I think Amazon and Play.com are taking orders but no date listed sad

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 323315581PSN ID: Halicarnassis DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 3799246625Twitter: @HalicarnassisDARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 323315581
    Tweets by @Halicarnassis

LunarFog wrote:"The Moon Pit" seems like someplace naughty I would go to see buff men swinging their junk.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Mon May 20, 2013 10:38 am

Have any of you heard anything about new previews? Myiazaki tweeted about a hands-on a week ago, but still no news.
    To those of you who got some hands-on time with Dark Souls 2, I hope you liked it.
    (I assume the twitter account is legit based on the nature of the tweets)
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Mon May 20, 2013 2:59 pm

ublug wrote:Have any of you heard anything about new previews? Myiazaki tweeted about a hands-on a week ago, but still no news.
    To those of you who got some hands-on time with Dark Souls 2, I hope you liked it.
    (I assume the twitter account is legit based on the nature of the tweets)

I didn't even know about this! *hunt begins*

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 3248139268"Now stay down!" DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 1330857165"...okay"

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    Buttcheekofdeth

Post by Buttcheekofdeth on Sat May 25, 2013 1:55 am

Here's a new article. It's mostly old stuff but with a tiny bit of new information.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/24/deciphering-dark-souls-2s-accessibility/

First, it confirms that the 20 minute demo that is apparently being shown to some people is the same demo that we already saw. So that's not very exciting.

Here's the only new information: (At least I think it's new)
    "The inventory system itself is currently implemented in only its most
    basic form. It still takes up most of the screen but is offset to give
    you a view of your character. While this affords a vanity view of your
    avatar as you swap armour and equipment it has the more important
    function of allowing you to see if you’re about to be attacked."

So it seems the inventory will be changed so that you can now see your character while in it.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas on Sat May 25, 2013 2:36 am

Buttcheekofdeth wrote:Here's a new article. It's mostly old stuff but with a tiny bit of new information.

First, it confirms that the 20 minute demo that is apparently being shown to some people is the same demo that we already saw. So that's not very exciting.

So it seems the inventory will be changed so that you can now see your character while in it.

I was wondering if they would do something like this in the sequel and its nice to hear that it's probably happening happy I like to see my character while I equip him/her

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 3248139268"Now stay down!" DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 1330857165"...okay"

Twitch.tv: www.twitch.tv/blueberryknights
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988
    XBOX: Juutas1988
    PC: Juutas1988
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Buttcheekofdeth wrote:Here's a new article. It's mostly old stuff but with a tiny bit of new information.

That's nice. Now I can see my dude when he gets back-stabbed by an invader while I swap out different armors. tongue
    DyingAce
    DyingAce
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DyingAce on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:26 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/03/dark-souls-2-release-window-revealed
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-03-namco-bandai-confirms-march-2014-dark-souls-2-release-date

Dark Souls 2 is set to be released March 2014.

Lament/cheer here: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22145-release-date-confirmed-march-2014
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:55 pm

It would make sense for them to enhance the ui of the inventory due to complaints, but people need to take into account the reasoning behind having a visually obscuring item screen; it makes you prepare yourself while in a safe zone and punishes you for trying to switch out poor choices in weapons/armor in the heat of battle. I don't think they should have touched it. Hopefully they will still limit number of weapons to 2 per hand.

:stone-orange: "Your'e going the wrong way." Point Forward"Don't pay any attention to them. They're just False Alarms. You get a lot of them in the Labyrinth, especially when you're on the right track..."  :stone-orange: "Oh, no you're not." Look Skyward"Oh, shut up!" :stone-orange:"Sorry, just doing my job."
    ---- PSN: robert frost ----
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Thread updated with the new trailer (of Microsoft's E3 conference), and the release date (March 2014).

DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 2627069376 DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 1447589260ChizFreak DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 1447589260 DARK SOULS 2 - All info so far Thread - Interviews, Trailers, etc. - Release Date: March 2014 - Page 23 2627069376
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs

PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: https://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:20 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/199cml/dark-souls-ii-first-take
    Here's an Gametrailers take on the demo.
    There's no demo footage, it's just a guy who played the demo, talking about the game, but what he says is quite relevant and at least for me, it answered a lot of questions.
    Definitely more interesting than the new trailer imho.

Take care, there are spoilers in there.

phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 pm

*minor gameplay spoilers warning*
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/dark-souls-2-a-great-communal-gaming-experience/

Similar to the above post; playable demo article and insight from vg247. It does provide some relief in answering some questions on difficulty. Looks like everyone at the booth playing this got worked happy

:stone-orange: "Your'e going the wrong way." Point Forward"Don't pay any attention to them. They're just False Alarms. You get a lot of them in the Labyrinth, especially when you're on the right track..."  :stone-orange: "Oh, no you're not." Look Skyward"Oh, shut up!" :stone-orange:"Sorry, just doing my job."
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:03 pm

A few new screens are available at the homepage as well: http://www.darksoulsii.com
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Just found this. It's another interview with tanimura and namco guy (i think) revealing more gameplay mechanics and showing new gameplay footage: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=62741226

- I'm kinda concerned with the roll animation. It breakes the character from facing the locked on enemy and instead faces whatever direction he is rolling.. I hope it doesn't cause problems

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:33 am

~The way character moves is kinda off, but I guess it's just something to get used to.
    ~However the character still slides on the floor while walking, like in the previous gameplay. So those of you that said "Calm down Senty, it's just a beta, they will fix it" can go screw themselves. I called it. It's a nice lie you can tell yourselves to feel better, but I see that dung there again.
    ~Broken ladder is a nice idea. No way to go back immediately.
    ~The impact when a arrow hits is still as silly as it was before. It looks like I hit the enemy with a balista, not a bow. Arrows are also still slow as a turtle and I haven't noticed any arrow quivers on the character.
    ~Both equipped arrows types are shown in the hotkey menuu with the number of arrows left. Very nice touch.
    ~Dual wielding looks badass and there is said to be dual wielding specific moves and attacks. I think a lot of PvP guys will love this.
    ~Cloaks, or capes have been added. They're looking really nice.
    ~Clothes finally have a animation when the character moves, which looks very nice and fluid.
    ~Red eye knights from DeS seems to have a comeback and they learned karate while they were away.
    ~New backstab animation, which actually isn't a backstab, but a sort of combo attack instead.
    ~Shoulder push instead of a kick. I like this idea a lot.
    ~Roll direction is not based on your locked on enemy's location, but can be aimed manually. Sweet detail.
    ~Sorceries and Pyromancies seem to be together again, like in DeS.
    ~There was one particular spell, that looked a lot like ice. Not sure though, cos Soul sorceries are more white-ish than they used to be.
    ~Love the melee sword spell. It looks very badass.
    ~Lock-on colour is back to normal. Thank Umbasa.
    ~Souls kinda linger in the area and follow the player, instead of being instantly absorbed. Kinda strange. I wonder why they did this...
    ~Weapon movesets seem more fluid, but for example dagger looks like it got very different moves from DkS. Feels more like DeS. Not really sure if using dagger like this is clever, but whatever.

This is all that I noticed so far from IGN's and GT's gameplay vids. Are there more gameplay vids from this demo apart from these two?

Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:46 am

So they announced Dark Souls II in December 2012 and the release date is March 2014, They're going to try to make Dark Souls II their best game yet if they need that much time to release it.

PSN: x_-Vizionary-_x

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 am

Of course they want Dark Souls II to be their best game ever. If they don't, they'll have to deal with a lot of pissed fans who know very well how to mercilessly slaughter someone.

eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:16 pm

dunno if anyone noticed or posted about this. . . but its looks like weather effects are in to some extent.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/darksouls2/ds2/411370908988/BattleWithMirrorKnight.jpg

this is probably the only time you'll ever hear a brit say theyre happy to see rain!

dont open the gates, who the hell needs a wooden horse that size!!!

Last Be-ta, I gave you my souls, but the very next game, you took them away!!
    This year, to save me from fear, im levelling my Zwei-hander!! WHAM!!!
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:07 pm

Some more impressions:
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/11/e2-2013-dark-souls-2/
    http://www.gamrreview.com/preview/90160/dark-souls-ii-hands-on-prepare-to-die-again
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:31 pm

Wow ublug, nice catch. Have a + good sir.

That second article is a jewel. It confirms that we will be able to carry three weapons. Finally, my dream combo of Rapier, Shotel and Bow might become a reality. big grin

The info about character creation is kinda strange. I don't fully understand it, but from the article, it seems that we will be able to distribute our starting stats and the game will generate a fitting class for us based on these stats, instead of choosing one of premade starting builds?

"The developers suggested that in the final version these AI knights may in fact be other players."
    This is AWESOME> I can't imagine how brutal that fight could be with another player. In GT hands on preview, they compared Mirror Knight to False King from DeS. Imagining fighting him + another player seems way too OP and unfair. There will probably be some catch to this and it was only suggested by the devs, not confirmed, but still...

EDIT:
    I love the Power Stance idea for dual wielding. I just hope it won't make dual wielding OP. On the other, dual wielding supposedly won't have a block and parry options, so it's full on offensive. This will be very sensitive to tweaking, because a single mistake can make this way too OP in PvP.

Shoulder push instead of a kick sounds amazing, provided it works the same. The reason being that kicking in full heavy armor looks silly, while shoulder push might look far more fitting the aesthetics of such a character. However, seeing someone lightweight shoulder push a full armor tank might be more silly than kicking him, depending on the animation it will have. The best feature of this, at least for me, is that it's not as safe as kick. You can kick people and don't have to fear their retaliation, because the game pushes you away from them if they block it and if they have a short weapon, your body hitbox is in safe distace, so they can't attack you. Like bullyiing in school. big grin If you use your body weight to do the push, you will be far more vulnerable to attacks than if you use a kick. Also, depending on the animation used, it might make things like kick+quick R1 and kick+bs impossible. I wouldn't mind that at all.

phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Sentiel wrote:Of course they want Dark Souls II to be their best game ever. If they don't, they'll have to deal with a lot of pissed fans who know very well how to mercilessly slaughter someone.
    Hahah, ah man this is too funny. And true. Well earned +

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:37 pm

In case no one has noticed yet. 
    Exciting news!!! According to the article below. The mirror knight summons via the mirror are going to  be actual players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (every time I say it my hairs stand on end!!nail biting)

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/4425468/dark-souls-2-interview-yui-tanimura-e3-2013

Edit: I think Sentinel is talking about this already. (earlier post)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Yup. Ninja'd it. ^^

Although I haven't read this article yet. I got it from somewhere else.
    In the end, most of the articles have identical information. They differ only in minor details from each other.

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Even more impressions. I have no idea if these articles have already been posted since I can't keep up with what's been posted in the different threads.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/23138-dark-souls-2-e3-2013-handson-prepare-to-die-all-over-again-and-again-and-again/
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/dark-souls-ii-hands-on-preview/
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/11/dark-souls-ii-hands-on-the-fight-with-the-mirror-knight/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Community Articles

Current date/time is Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:27 pm