some ideas, hmmm. . .ok:
- Well Hidden, enigmatic lore. .vaguely suggested by npcs and item descriptions.
- Complex, interweaving backstory that is pieced together via all items, bosses, npc's and the world itself
- Isolation, lonliness. . .feeling of dread and trepidation around every corner
- Interlinking Verticality in the worlds design
- Stamina, weight limits, roll speed to stay
- Character choice / customisation at start but improve
- The same style as DS, Bleak Japanese Gothic, but dodging the cliche's. Darker & creepier still is good!
- Beautifully effective and realised Architecture. It holds secrets to the story, and adds spatially tactical element to battles as with Sens.
- Miracles, Pyro, Magic to have more variety. . .have them affected or boosted by your covenant
- Difficulty is the same in first run through. Harder in NG+ plus enemies have shifted and covenants have greater negative affect.
- Backstab window to reduce greatly
- dodgy servers
- Bottomless Box, just make inventory more streamlined, how? im not sure.
- Endless invasion spamming by the same invader. add a legit time limit
ADD / CHANGE:
- on or off help / hint system for new starters
- on or off tutorial explaining the game mechanics for new starters
- some covenants are much more accessible, some very hidden, all are more evidently effective.
- variety in messages left for players, not just floor bound scrawls. Maybe covenant specific?
- greater moveset for weapons and dual wielding.
- Shields to have more pronounced abilities if worn with certain armour sets.
- Armour has additional effects, bonus for full set.
- Item combinations, for example you get a bonus if you combine Ring A with Pendant C perhaps as they were originally part of Velka's ceremonial dress. Or shield A with Sword B etc
- Easier to Invade.
- More dual or triple bosses, O&S or dual sanctuary guardians.
- add Some wandering enemies, not all just static. Knights who roam.
- More Items that affect your environment or passage at the cost of something else, i.e sunlight maggot or skull lantern. Add to the tension
- Summon from friends list is easier.
- Less farming, less grinding
- all weapons should be able to reach a benchmark maximum of say 1000, via upgrades, covenant/armour/items bonuses so we should see more variety in battles, becomes more tactical, more about outsmarting your opponent. Although, occasionally going to 1000 removes certain effects which are better against certain enemies or covenants i.e wraithslayer sword at 800, loses power against darkwraiths if you go to 1000
- Not limited to a specific zone with mid-bosses, if you run they will follow you and track you down, opening up the environment for tactical battles. . .maybe some of the environment is destructible