Long post incoming, shield your eyes with reading glasses! My wishlist for Dark Souls
- Mounts are limited as a combat tool to mobs. They
provide immunity to backstabs and riposte as well as a protection from
most attacks, exceptions being arrows and magic that makes a direct hit.
Otherwise, the mount will have to be killed to force the rider to
- Headshots with arrows will immediately dismount a rider.
- The mount and rider will act as 2 different enemies, each taking individual actions against you, but rarely in unison.
- If a rider is dismounted, another enemy can mount.
If a rider is forcefully dismounted, their will be a short period where
the player can perform a critical attack on the fallen rider.
- When the player is caught in a backstab animation, they can press a specific button to perform a backstab dodge.
If a player performs a backstab dodge with precise execution, the
player will perform a "Perfect Backstab dodge" which will cause a form
of stagger animation for the attacker.
- During the stagger animation, the player can perform a riposte.
Mobs of all kind will perform a backstab dodge if they are actively
engaged with that player in combat, with some exceptions (Like Dark
Souls armored boar)
- Players cannot backstab dodge if they were backstabbed while trapped in a recovery animation.
- A plunging attack on a fallen enemy counts as a critical hit.
- Weapons in the left-hand of the same class as the right can fluently chain attacks after a right attack and vice-versa.
- You can roll attack, jump attack and run attack with the left-hand weapon.
Pressing 2 of the same types of attack for both weapons (2 Light
attacks, 2 Heavy attacks) will result in a dual-wielding attack. This
only works for weapons of the same class.
Weapons and armors
On top of upgrading, weapons and armors will feature an enchantment
system where they can imbued their weapons and armors with the power of
souls and give them unique abilities. Each item has a certain amount of
slots to which enchantments can be given and upgrade paths can affect
- Some enchantments can stack, others cannot.
will have a special "coil" attack that will trip an enemy, if possible.
The action is done by performing a jump attack; it takes a while to
perform and there are no invincibility frames. This can be used to trip
mounts and force dismounts.
- Non-greatshields can bash by
performing the same command as a kick, except with the shield hand.
Bashing is more effective than the kick at staggering and breaking
guards, but is slower and can be parried.
- The STR
stat affects poise damage inflicted. This poise damage scaling is
different for every weapon. For example, a katana weapon might gain 1
poise damage every 4 STR whilst a Club gains 1 poise damage per 2 points
and Great Weapons gain 1 poise damage per point.
- The RES stat
increases natural poise on top of not suffering from diminishing returns
in term of defense increase. The poise bonus caps at 30 for 40 RES.
The ATT stat, for the purpose of a new magic system (read on), will
increase the maximum soul gauge and, at a slower pace, the soul gauge's
absorption rate. Also, it will increase your magic slots.
The magic system will feature a "Soul Gauge" to replace the attunement
system. The gauge will work similarly to a MP system, but it functions
slightly differently. The Soul gauge cannot recover via items, only by
resting at a bonfire or defeating enemies (Known as Soul absorption).
The amount of Soul absorption is relative to your ATT level and the
souls gained from defeating an enemy. Souls absorption does not work for
enemies defeated by magic.
- Magic such as "Fire Tempest" and
"Gravelord Sword Dance" can be held by holding the casting button.
Holding the magic will increase the length, but will continue to drain
- Magic such as the Soul Arrow family can be focused by holding the casting button. Focused magic has improved tracking.
- Having multiple stacks of the same magic will lessen the Soul Gauge drain when using that magic.
- Toxin will increase the stamina cost of most actions.
- Curse will not be an instant kill.
- A new status aliment: "Fatigue"; will slow stamina regeneration.
Boss Soul and Humanity
- Boss Souls can be used to create weapons, magic and enchantments.
- Consuming a Boss Soul will fully recover HP and cure status aliments, in addition to providing souls and 1 humanity.
- Humanity items will only heal a set 500 HP.
- Firekeeper's Souls will provide 10 humanity.
- Throwing Knives aim for headshots.
- Firebombs have larger AoE
Hollow and Human
- Being Human will give you the same effects as "Seek Guidance"
- Being Human will strengthen your Estus by 10%
- When making donations, you can decide how many donations to make at once
- Covenant-related rings will be changed to covenant-exclusive amulet slots
- The book of the guilty will display the player's location in the game.
- Explosive Barrels can make a return as a fire-based hazard.
- Enemies can react violently to be inflicted by fire/lightning/magic.
- Certain materials can be set on fire to be used as environmental hazards or weapons.