Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 24 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Slarg232 Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:12 am

I would love 10 on 10 battles, would make for some awesome cluster ***.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 am

Slarg232 wrote:I would love 10 on 10 battles, would make for some awesome cluster ***.

AOE spells and weapons would rule that battle field
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:58 pm

GkMrBane wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:I would love 10 on 10 battles, would make for some awesome cluster ***.

AOE spells and weapons would rule that battle field

How so? Defenses might actually mean something if you had to worry about it, might see more tanks.

Besides, Flash Sweat, GMB, and Magic Sheild might come into play then....
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:25 pm

For something as epic a 10 vs 10 battles they'd definitely need to make the backstab hitbox smaller.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Pike walls and crossbows! Large-scale matches would be AWESOME.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Roaming enemys

Edit: I dont know if the large scale battles would work,but i think they would be awesome
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:20 pm

Krasouski wrote:Roaming enemys

I'll see your "roaming enemies" and raise you "roaming enemies with dynamic AI"!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:39 am

MasterofShadows wrote:
    Krasouski wrote:Roaming enemys

I'll see your "roaming enemies" and raise you "roaming enemies with dynamic AI"!

What about: Roaming Unique NPCs. They are adventurers, just like you. Some may be hostile, some others may be neutral (meaning they don't care about you), and some may be allies (meaning they will sell you stuff, give you hints, tell you more about them, and an optional sometimes you may need to save them from a hurry).

Either type they are, they will always talk to you first, hostiles taunting you before attack you, Neutral just telling you they are busy and to please don't bother them, and allies talking about themselves (like telling you why they are there) and selling you stuff or gifting things to you if you help them. Further more, some NPCs may be neutral at the start but at some point when you encounter them again and save them from a hurry they could become allies. Maybe you could even add things like some NPCs may be neutral or allies depending on where are you from (like guys from Carim will like you if you're from Carim, etc.). And some NPCs may become hostile at some point depending on their interests (who knows, something like, you help Frampt, then Laurentius become hostile because he secretely wants the Age of Dark, and if you help Kaathe, Oswald would charge you more for absolving things), the point of this is to add more deepness to NPCs.

What I want to accomplish too with this is that NPCs gain more personality and uniqueness, and take a more involved approach to the player character; instead of the current. "Oh god, you saved me in a very boring way; I will go to a safespot and sell you stuff." And the relation stops there. Except Siegmeyer of course, he has a more deep questline, only thing that lacks in him is that he tells you more about him plus he becoming hostile or not depending on player actions and he could be a good example of what I want, like Solaire; though Solaire seriously lacks more game interaction besides summoning him (which isn't a big deal) and he becoming crazy or not whether you open a door early or not.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:28 am

I want a coat, much like Chester's or the Wanderer Coat, that has a bare chest (Females would still be covered). Would be awesome for some role playing builds.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:32 am

Slarg232 wrote:I want a coat, much like Chester's or the Wanderer Coat, that has a bare chest (Females would still be covered). Would be awesome for some role playing builds.

I'm assuming you mean Dante from DMC3?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:35 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:I want a coat, much like Chester's or the Wanderer Coat, that has a bare chest (Females would still be covered). Would be awesome for some role playing builds.

Good example, but I was honestly thinking more along the lines of Gabriel from the upcoming Castlevania Lords of Shadow.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:48 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:

Good example, but I was honestly thinking more along the lines of Gabriel from the upcoming Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

How the hell did I already forget that they were working on a sequel.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 am

You know what? I just want to roleplay a Pirate, preferably with a pistol, though I suppose I will stick with a Crossbow if absolutely necessary.

But I NEEDS a Pirate hat, Pirate coat, and a Polly....
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Chester's longcoat + wander boots makes me feel like a fancy pirate. Now if only I had a tricorn, or a hat with a plume, Pharis hat ain't cutting it man.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:36 pm

i would love some armor passives.... like the one chesters is meant to have at the cost of actual defense ratings
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:39 pm

The technological era is just too far off. the 'golden age of piracy' is generally at least 100-150 years ahead in OUR timeline-and from what we've seen of the Dark universe, they're advancing technologically VERY slowly. Wide-brimmed, plumed hats are alright; guns just aren't.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:07 pm

For invading. I don't want to see specific spawn points. I want to see - where you are standing when you choose to invade is the spot where you arise in the other persons' world.
    Fossil
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Fossil Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:12 am

-More Weapons/Armor
    I want more cool/unique armors that don't belong to other characters in the game. I love Ornstein's set, but I don't want to be running around in an NPCs suit of armor all the time.

-At the risk of people calling this idea too Diablo/WoW-esque, I think set bonuses wouldn't be horrible as long as they're not over the top. I wasn't even going to include this idea, but I think it's kind of stupid that you can throw on whatever random gear you want and then equip a Mask or Crown for a bonus. It makes a lot more sense to have to wear the entire Paladin or Cleric set for a miracle boost rather than just popping on the Dusk Crown. I still like having unique items like the grass shield for example, I just think that if you're going to put equip bonuses on an item, they could be balanced better.

-More Spells/Miracles
    -More specialization. As in, I don't want to just have a faith/str/dex/int build, I want to be able to make my character a tank, an assassin, a paladin, a glass cannon, a slow juggernaut, a battlemage, etc. This really applies to all aspects of the game. They need more situational magics and specialized weapons/armors, better rings for specific roles, etc. I don't want an actual class system, but I want to be able to build my character with a certain idea in mind.

-Better upgrade system. Upgrade paths should have more purpose and be more specialized. E.g. if you have two paths for Faith scaling (occult/divine) they should be suited towards different roles. There should be real reasons to choose fire over lightning or divine over occult. And possibly add other things like ice that could do less damage, but slow the enemy.

-Strafing. Not locked on strafing. I want a toggleable option that let's you strafe when your shield is up and rotate by using the camera. If you don't like it, turn it off.

-The ability to customize move sets. Even if that just means having two different options for your R1
    -Level reset. Could be an endgame thing, but we should be able to play around
    with different builds w/o having to create a new character

-More purpose to the covenants. Unique weapons/magics that can only be used by
    them. Maybe boosts to certain abilities or stats (+5% mag. damage, +5%
    physical reduction, etc. They don't have to be that generic, but you get the idea)

-Remove Pyromancy
    . I think it's stupid how they added a third magic tree that doesn't really require you to invest or sacrifice anything stat wise. I understand why they did it, but ultimately I think it was a bad idea.

-On that note I don't like having a bunch of different "weapons" for magic. This isn't necessarily something I want, but an idea of how magic could be handled. Magics would be grouped into different categories: Arcane (sorcery), Fire (pyromancy), Ice, Light (miracles), Dark and then you would have a single slot for your Catalyst/Talisman which would give various boosts. For example: +100% to Arcane magic, -50% to all other magic; +100% to Light magic, -50% to all other magic; +50% to Light and Dark magic, -100% to all other magic... And so on.
    * You'd essentially have to choose what you want to specialize in based on your Magic Item slot, but you wouldn't be limited in what you can cast. You could carry Homeward (assuming you meet the requirements), but specialize in Arcane (sorcery) magic and not have to carry a talisman around to cast it.

PvP in general needs a lot of work. This game is a lot of fun, but from a competitive aspect the PvP is pretty much a joke. Part of the problem is that your character is designed to fight overpowered demons which leads to you yourself doing stupid amounts of damage to other players. I'd have to write a whole essay to go into all the issues with PvP in this game, but From needs to include more counters to certain tactics and more viable strategies to dueling so that we don't end up with spells like TWoP that are unilaterally considered lame or have it be a necessity to fast roll. Dual wielding went from extremely effective in DeS to useless in DaS. There has to be a middle ground to things like that.

Stuff other people posted
    -Ability to color match gear
    I don't want full on color editing, but color matching would be awesome
    -I've seen people mention capes or other accessory items. I'd like to
    see these too, but I think they should be purely visual enhancements
    (basically have no stats). I also think there should be a show helm option. What's the point of designing your character's face when 99% of the time you never see it.
    -Unique glows for weapons paths (fire, divine, poison, etc.)
    -Upgrade paths for Armor/Shields so that they actually become magic resistant, fire resistant, etc.
    -Needs to be some sort of aim system for magic
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:59 am

Check Points outside of Boss doors.

Hard Bosses: Fine

Lots of mobs leading up to the Boss door that take an hour to work through: Fine

Expecting me to play through those same mobs 20 times while I try to work out how to make a Dex character be able to actually kill the boss: Really REALLY Boring. Its not fun to need to spend 20 minutes extra every time I need to have another shot at the boss, its stopped being a game of skill and more an exercise in bloody mindedness.

So Get rid of this game spoiling feature and drop a check point in at the boss door!

Fossil wrote:
    -Strafing. Not locked on strafing. I
    want a toggleable option that let's you strafe when your shield is up
    and rotate by using the camera. If you don't like it, turn it off.
    Actually I think it should be one step more, remove lock on for melee, and allow the player to lock their orientation while shielding.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:49 am

In my opinion there should be another stat that effects the use of dark magic, occult weapons, and other dark spells aswel. In my opinion having a stat where you believe in a holy god should not buff the damage you do with weapons/spells that are used to slaughter god followers. Maybe even a new starting class around this god killer?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:56 pm

T-King-667 wrote:In my opinion there should be another stat that effects the use of dark magic, occult weapons, and other dark spells aswel. In my opinion having a stat where you believe in a holy god should not buff the damage you do with weapons/spells that are used to slaughter god followers. Maybe even a new starting class around this god killer?

Call it malinity/malice and what not, the dark spells do mention that they're extra harmfull to humans. So to use dark Spells/Occult you'd have to want to hurt others. Oh, and make it so occult actually hurts other players more!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the guys who use occult weapons do have heir own gods which is why they still need faith. They just want to kill the current gods in power so that theirs can take over. or maybe it's faith in oneself? :shock:
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:44 pm

mr_no_face wrote:For invading. I don't want to see specific spawn points. I want to see - where you are standing when you choose to invade is the spot where you arise in the other persons' world.
    Well you see the problem with that is, is that if a person could spawn wherever they wanted, they could spawn in a perfect sniper spot and shoot from there. or a perfect spot for an assassin to spawn, or a very small bridge so the player HAS to fight them, and they will probably get shot off by a dragonslayer bow type thing.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:49 pm

what's wrong with that? the invader is suppose to make the players life hell
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:56 pm

aprilmanha wrote:Check Points outside of Boss doors.

Hard Bosses: Fine

Lots of mobs leading up to the Boss door that take an hour to work through: Fine

Expecting me to play through those same mobs 20 times while I try to work out how to make a Dex character be able to actually kill the boss: Really REALLY Boring. Its not fun to need to spend 20 minutes extra every time I need to have another shot at the boss, its stopped being a game of skill and more an exercise in bloody mindedness.

So Get rid of this game spoiling feature and drop a check point in at the boss door!

Fossil wrote:
    -Strafing. Not locked on strafing. I
    want a toggleable option that let's you strafe when your shield is up
    and rotate by using the camera. If you don't like it, turn it off.
    Actually I think it should be one step more, remove lock on for melee, and allow the player to lock their orientation while shielding.

Every single zone is made so you don't have to fight a single enemy. You can just run past them. What are you talking about?
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:56 pm

mr_no_face wrote:what's wrong with that? the invader is suppose to make the players life hell
    I dont think you realise how broken the game would be if that idea was implemented.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm