Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Message upvote party - all systems. Starting 9 PM EST and lasting all night.

retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Message upvote party - all systems. Starting 9 PM EST and lasting all night. Empty Message upvote party - all systems. Starting 9 PM EST and lasting all night.

Post by retro Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Sorry for the reddit copy/paste. I'm hoping to find more participants, should've posted it here earlier too:

Why: I can never find a straight answer or solid confirmation about receiving humanity from upvoted messages. I had a message get a +1 rating, and I'm pretty sure I didn't receive a humanity. I once read that you needed a +3 rating before you start getting humanity, or it's possibly one humanity for every 3 upvotes, but this hasn't been confirmed either. If we have a coordinating upvoting session, we can perhaps get to the bottom of this.

Where: Anywhere on the bridge before Ceaseless Discharge, or right by the CD fog gate. It's not the most highly trafficked area, so I figure it's a good spot. It's not a long walk from the Daughter of Chaos bonfire (warp).

When: Tonight, 9PM EST.

Instructions: Leave just one message, that says "Humanity?". I know it'll be tempting to spam, but if it takes multiple ratings to receive humanity, it'll be easier to keep track of the ratings of one message. Try and be between the levels of 80 - 120. Run back and forth, hang out for a bit and upvote every message you encounter.

Post here when you leave your message, and share your level and system.

SL100 is preferred, because it's a common level and I think (just a guess) that messages may be limited to co-op range. Players 80 through 120 will be part of that group, if that's correct.

And don't forget to not already have 99 humanity on you. Kindle some bonfires or suicide and reverse hollow if you're already maxed out. happy
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Message upvote party - all systems. Starting 9 PM EST and lasting all night. Empty Re: Message upvote party - all systems. Starting 9 PM EST and lasting all night.

Post by ublug Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:55 am

How did this turn out?
    I dropped a message down there before I went to bed and left the game on over the night. I only saw one humanity? message which I upvoted. My message was still at 0 ratings when I woke up, my character is still down there and have been for the last 12-13 hours.

Update: Just some message related questions.
    I switched to a level 50 faith character who had not killed CD yet, to try out seek guidance. But only two (useful) messages popped up, both right in front of the fog: "demon ahead" and "be wary of fire". The rest of the messages were not related to CD (need knight, resignation, master ahead, etc). So, will some message types/hints directly related to the environment/boss be hidden by default (and only show during seek guidance), or is it completely random which message is hidden?

(When I returned with the level 50 character I could still see the same messages I saw with the level 100)
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Message upvote party - all systems. Starting 9 PM EST and lasting all night. Empty Re: Message upvote party - all systems. Starting 9 PM EST and lasting all night.

Post by retro Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:55 pm

No such luck. Didn't get any upvotes here. It seems neither did anyone else on reddit. I upvoted a bunch of messages, but didn't find any that said "Humanity?". I might try to coordinate something with a smaller, but more organized group of PS3 players in the future...

I have no idea about how seek guidance works, but that's interesting you saw the same messages with a level 50 character. Perhaps that means that signs have no level restriction, and if there's more messages than the game wants to display at once, it picks them at random?
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Try using Seek Guidance
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:01 pm

I just found a 'Here!' message with seek guidance, so that kind of shatters my theory.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:29 pm

The muracle can find signa made by players, that you don't see yet. Sometimes they only appear with the miracle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm