Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
mindbottiling_52
Mauvais
Debido
dantheman123
CappuccinoJak
Icegodzilla
Z3r0Fear
FattyOfDoom
SunlightCrusader
twilightwarwolf
Ahhotep1
Wilkinson3424
wenzlouis
Steel Dragon74
tinypantha
PwnasauresRex
ViralEnsign_
Soris Ice Goldwing
LunarFog
Coryf2209
24 posters

Ravens of the Great Wolf

twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Ravens of the Great Wolf - Page 6 Empty Re: Ravens of the Great Wolf

Post by twilightwarwolf Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:49 pm

testify? and dms only do lower? i heard they can do 10 plus 10% higher and everything below them like the opposite of the red ord
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:58 pm

oh wait I forgot the 10+10% up but thats it, they invade infinatly down with the opposite being true for DWs
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am

ok just makin sure i got my facts right now what did you mean testify?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am

I was talking about the invaders in the forest. Three times I went against a forest hunter and someone else trying to gank me to death. Honor really does vary for these guys.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 am

Its just an expresion twilight, never mind

Soris there are always dishonorables in any cov but try to think about it from our perspective, most of us are ganked to death before a second hunter shows up
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:22 am

Well as it turns out EVERY SINGLE person who invaded me so far always holds off for another to help gank. I understand how it goes both ways but geez, it getting annoying, epsecically when I'm doing out here alone.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 am

I can only advise being a bit more agressive and attack them before another comes, I can't advise further than that as It would be literally teaching you to kill me. Sorry.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 am

It doesn't matter 9/10 I end up killing them both. Though I do have a playstlye which I never use expect in extreme cases, and Darks Souls is not one of those cases.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 am

Whats the playstyle and more importantly what playstyle do you use in DkS?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am

1: Think what would happen if Rambo became a vampire and went on a bloodthirsty rampage. In short it's my pure rage turned into a fighting style. Very aggressive, little to no defense with a win at any cost. I don't like and it rarely appears. Though when it does happen it's normally on an fps when something is really wrong.

2: I prefer to adapt to who I'm fighting. Find the flaws, exploit it and kill them while holding as much honor as I can.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:49 am

well i explained the sides but my own? i guess i would have to duel you because im not sure i "feel" like i have many depending on the situation ill try to explain a few.

1. very focused on what i see my opponent has weapons armor and attitude. from the armors and weapons first seen i guess at the various rings my enemy may have on and guess at a magic they may have.i adapt to the my situation at hand and think throughout the fight as to whatmay or may not work. look for flaws and exploit them and also judung how bad i or my enemy is lagging if any so i can be careful of distance. happens more frequently as i play but for everyone i assume certain things difference for this is i think more deeply.

2. rage mode so to speak could care less bout anything except dodging and winning at any cost or just about any very little thought included in anything. more aggressive and dodgey. i generally turn this mode on when im in a bad mood or someone seriously pissed me off.

3. agressive but thinking more risk taking than normal but i still think on the situation and depending on build may spam spells if i meet a spell spammer if i find a moment. dodging is seond nature and may two-hand if i want to end it quickly.

4. not my most effective one because im rushing or in a desperate situation more or less want to end quickly and try not to be "unhonorable" but i still turn towards bs'ing and parries if i feel like i can get them

5. bad day i think we all know this one bad at everything and cant do ****.

i guess that goes for generals as for specifics depends on build i got ten so in a sense ten different way to fight.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 am

Cross the two Soris
    Follow these steps and you'll have something highly powerfull, adaptable, aggresive and with optional honor

1. find a weapon that works well for you (good damage and hitbox are helpful but not required) and learn to use it with maximum effect both 1 and 2 handed (start a fight 2 handing but change to 1 handing if your getting swamped or things arent going well)

2. Equip PW and use before each fight starts

3. Fast roll or ninja flip

4. Use fog ring to scope out gank squads and adjust to suit before going in

Using those steps you can create a build that if used well is hard to stand up to, even against gank squads (It worked for me at least)

BTW you should join the forest hunters Soris, get yourself a real challenge
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:40 am

I'll try it out to see if it works for me. I do tend to avoid the forest covenant but it shouldn't hurt to try again.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 am

i havent joiined in SO long so it'll be odd joinin it again
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 am

JOIN US!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let us make these gankers pay for their trespass on the Abyss Walkers tomb
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:56 am

Of course not all of any cov is bad but my experience fighting invaders in the forest is just as bad as invading in the forest.

Dear Steel: You clearly know nothing of how our invasion works though. We invade based on sin count. Somebody figured out the formula a while back but we can invade up pretty high as well as down pretty low based on sin. Not to mention our ring functions the exact same as your ring does except there are less of us so more often than not there are no reinforcements if we get ganked. And both rings can invade people of any level. So you are just as likely to pop in on a sl1 as a sl700+. So don't presume to use that as a reason for justifying fh ganks. I never have a summon with me and if two hunters invade me they always gank. When I invades as a dm in the forest and a hunter shows up they try to gank even if I am 1v1 with a guy and when I back off to prevent it they try to force the fight towards me. Do not act as if the forest hunters are above the blades. They are no better and no worse. Everybody plays the way they choose no matter what the cov. I respect the forest hunters and I have a toon who is a member so I am very aware of what they face. You however seem entirely ignorant of what DMs, my primary cov, face. So I would appreciate if you do not presume to be better than us.

If I seem irritated it's because I am. DMs get a bad reputation based mostly on ignorance of how we truly function. Yes we have dishonorable players just as FH and DW do. Why is it that we should be judged based on the few? Most players on Dark Souls nowadays are dishonorable but we have just as much honor as any other cov.

I apologize to any who are offended but I have had this debate too many times. Usually Forum Pirate is here as well. Though his attitude is that honor is perspective which is very true and likely the most practical belief. I share this belief in many ways but I do accept that there is a generally accepted definition of it in the community which I attempt to follow.

Rant over. Have a nice day.

Proper Bow Ravens of the Great Wolf - Page 6 3799246625
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:11 am

FH, DM, DW I don't get it. No one is higher or worse it just depends on who you meet when PvP. I kinda stick to the idea that few like DMs because there is nothing to gain besides souls, so they kill them like killing flies because their annoying. Which both ticks me off and ruins the fun I try to have a little since I am a DM.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:31 am

I don't even know. All I know is we are all players. Our covs divide us but we have people who represent all aspects of the community in each. I'm sick of one getting a worse rep than another because of ignorance.

Oh and the reason we don't give humanity when we die is because the idea is that they already take humanity through invasions. They deserve no more. Only death. That's the idea at least.

Anyways all I ask is the same respect as any other player. I don't presume to be better nor should any other cov. I am me. I play my way as you play your own. My way just happens to include respect and duel like honor when possible. However I am as ruthless as anybody when crossed.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:52 pm

i understand what your saying but you also seem to not acknowledge that most people know do know and understamd the DM's like myself. and though you say you respect the covs and players i cant help but ask what respect came from your rant about how steel and others are ignorant of your cov? for one thing your wrong about the DM in numbers you have plenty i for one would know as i am one in multiple accounts and have seen many DM's so i see through that. also your sin idea is only correct for those who have acuired a lot otherwise for one sin you can only invade down. also you seem to judge our cov as lower because all you see and face are gankers but at the same time thats all that others see in DM's with the added bonus of DMB with the DM talisman. my apologies if i am incorrect on somthing and if i am plz tell me. and yes i was a little irritated on this post so im sorry if i offend nyone.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Dear SunlightCrusader
    I was not aware of any such survey but my personal experence fight both as and against Darkmoons because as a darkmoon I have never invaded someone higher level than myself and have never been invaded by a DM lower level than myself, combined with the fact that I am quite often invaded by DMs when I have no sin and have not performed any of the other actions that are meant to open you to DM invasions (e.g killing Gwyndolin) gives me good reason to belive that the blue eye at least (not sure about the ring, I just assumed that it was the same) lives up to the common perspective as the opposite of the red eye.

To throw your own words back at you "Why is it that we should be judged based on the few?" because your first two posts did exactly that. If you dont want to be having this debate then coming to the thread of a user cov based in the forest that contains several forest hunters and making a statement claiming that the majority of forest hunters are dishonorable and expecting no one to have anything to say in return might not be the best start. How would you react if I came to one of your cov threads and made the same statement about DMs? (which I could actually say givin that I personally have been ganked and seen more dishonorable tactics fighting against DMs than I have against forest hunters)

I never said that Forest Hunters are above DMs and I dont think it either, forest hunters and DMs are not so different in many respects and neither is superior to the other
    Forum Pirate is correct in his belief and your right there is no generally accepted difinition of honor in this community

Yours Truly
    Steel Dragon74

P.S Well said twilight
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Twilight please read carefully what I have said. I am well aware of the fact that many are ignorant of the way we work and that is the source of my frustration. Also the DM formula allows for a base invasion of 10 in either direction modified by sin. Or so I was told and it is supported by my experiences ( then again forest gets glitchy so I don't know). Worst case is up 10 and down infinitely but that is less supported by my experience.

Steel I believe our dispute is due to a misunderstanding of what I was saying. I was not saying that all Forest Hunters were bad. I was just remarking on my own poor experiences with them lately. I could also remark about my poor experiences with sunbros. Thay wasn't me saying they were all bad. Even my second post I said many. Not even most. Many Darkmoons are the same way. Not most but many. You went on the defensive because of that statement and I apologize. Your reaction sent me on the defensive and now here we are. And I can assure you that the orb can invade up (based on sin count I believe but could be wrong) and the ring functions identically to yours but for Dark Londo.

This entire argument seems due to some bad phrasing on my part for which I apologize.

Edit: Forgot to mention earlier that the DM talisman can't be considered an advantage as with a little effort anybody can get and keep that. DMB however is very powerful but not op as smart players simply wait out the buff. I mean I have to put a lot into faith to max the effectiveness of it which takes away from vit, end, etc. It is our one true advantage. And as for invading while hollow that once again stems from the lore idea of not allowing sinners to get anything from you. Fair perhaps not. But justified from the lore perspective. And though we can invade people who acquired sin through non pvp means we are far more likely to invade pvp players as non pvp sin can be cleansed by Oswald. And anybody of a really low level that we invade is usually either a griefer or bb glitcher (pre patch at least) in which case my pity is at a minimum.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Apology accepted
    Sorry about the misunderstanding, in retrospect we both probably could have handled that better

Say since your here how'd you like to become a Raven, it sounds like your in the forest a lot and think that we could use someone like you (not to mention that Soris will love fanally having someone else on Xbox). The offers there if you want it and Corys fine with it (though I cant see him not being fine with it).
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Steel Dragon74 wrote:Apology accepted
    Sorry about the misunderstanding, in retrospect we both probably could have handled that better

Say since your here how'd you like to become a Raven, it sounds like your in the forest a lot and think that we could use someone like you (not to mention that Soris will love fanally having someone else on Xbox). The offers there if you want it and Corys fine with it (though I cant see him not being fine with it).

Hmm maybe. I would like to join but I'm trying to revive the Deliverance first. Anyways you probably shouldn't want me as a member. Every cov I join seems to disband or die off. Even the Noble Knights and POLG who were once some of the biggest covs around. Thank you for the offer though.

I hope you would not take offense at me recommending a cleanse the forest event. We had one ages ago (organized by the hunters in the Glory of Alvina thread) and it was quite succesful. I mean it didn't change the forest but it had a good turnout and was good fun. Could attract new members or at the very least could give your cov a strong reputation. Oh and cov wars are good fun too. Perhaps a war with the Neowraiths. Anyways if you organize any forum events I would be glad to toss my sword ( glitter buff and all) in with your lot.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:55 pm

my apologies to you sunlight i could have handled that better but i am glad all is cleared up now. btw who are the neowraiths? and i wish we had a cov war but the big guys seem to not like that and are try ing to make a new style.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 pm

They are one of the other actve covs. Honorable Darkwraiths as far as I can tell though I haven't looked into them too much. They would be the only active cov that you could logically war with.

Edit: Maybe Those of Cursed Blood could be an enemy too. Cov lines are so blurred now. The old covs had pretty clear lines of battle drawn. Mainly everybody against the Noble Knights most of the time. Anyways I leave stuff like that to you and your leaders to decide.

Last edited by SunlightCrusader on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm