Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Forum Pirate
RANT
reim0027
Rarayn
The Letter X
mugenis4real
Mike5005005
Automancer
12 posters

Reverse Ganking?

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Reverse Ganking? Empty Reverse Ganking?

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:22 am

Isn't it funny how many players complain about that hosts love to gank in the forest?
    They get all butthurt when they lose and send tons of hatemail.

But when you invade them with another SOV, isn't that the same thing? 2 SOVs ganking a solo host. Sure, SOVs can't spam flasks and heal their summons but still. :roll:

I happened to invade someone a while ago with another SOV. When the guy
    lost he spammed hatemail at me. That's when i realized this.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Reverse Ganking? Empty Re: Reverse Ganking?

Post by Mike5005005 Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:01 am

That's why when that occures, you fight 1v1. If you were fighting him first and another SOV rushes him, back waaaaaaay off until the fight between those two is over. Then let the host heal and Bow to start another 'fair' battle! SIMPLE! =D
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:05 am

Yeah, i realized it way too late. =S
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:55 am

Is this all occurring in the forest? If so, then I find it strange.

The Forest is where I go to find fair and honest PvP.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:08 am

Sarcasm? Is strong? =X
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:44 am

If the host bows before the fight and another forest hunter invades, I'll back off and wait. If nit, I assume the host was either planning on ganking or was prepared for all the crazy ish happening in the forest.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:48 am

Automancer wrote:Sarcasm? Is strong? =X
    Forest is actually one of the more fair and decent PVP spots on PC, believe it or not. Not sure if that's the platform Mugen plays on though.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:22 am

It must be a platform thing then.

@X - bowing means nothing to me in the forest. It is all part of the game. I have been fooled too many times by a host bowing. Unfortunately, bowing doesn't mean the host wants a fair fight. But, that is not what the forest is about.

The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:30 am

reim0027 wrote:It must be a platform thing then.

@X - bowing means nothing to me in the forest. It is all part of the game. I have been fooled too many times by a host bowing. Unfortunately, bowing doesn't mean the host wants a fair fight. But, that is not what the forest is about.

I also take into consideration of the person's behavior. I know some people will bow and still fight as dirtily as possible, but there is still some degree of respect. The Forest isn't about honor or respect, quite the opposite- I know thIs. But I still like to give my opponent as much respect as possible whether it's the forest or the burg or kiln.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:48 am

reim0027 wrote:It must be a platform thing then.

yeah, a lot of times if they bow they have someone else behind you ready to bs you. i have seen hosts bow when i invade onlly for them to do nothing but fish for a bs which is an easy kill for me.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:09 pm

That happens a lot. I just back if another sov gets involved.

If it happens when I'm hosting solo (and it does, most of the time) I proceed to kick the crap out of both by my self and laugh off the hatemail. For as unskilled as most of the gankers I fight are, the hunters I face are rarely more challenging. More devious maybe, but i know their tricks.

The forest and its inhabitants seem entirely unprepared for a decent fighter, my guess would be that they're not in the right mindset for it, so they're caught flat footed.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:45 pm

I only consider it ganking it they're waiting to gang up on you ahead of time. They can choose to summon a phantom, we can't. So if it happens then it's just bad luck for the host... or karma twisted
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Most invaders are little different from gankers. At least not when their health is low.

I don't think I've seen a single invader in the Chasm of the Abyss yet who, after taking a hit or two, hasn't at least tried to run and hide behind the level's enemies. I realize the op has human players in mind, but it's the same thing.

I don't care how you play, but it's funny how invaders think they're better than gankers, when most aren't. At least not when the chips are down.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Invading is different from ganking. The strategy is different. It is also not duelling. Invaders try to kill the quester any way they can. Because the hosts will do the same. You can't call an invader a coward because he runs and hides. He (or she) is using the environment to kill the host. That is smart, not cowardly.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:11 am

FH gives ring of fog for being in the covenant for a reason; unless you get jumped on spawn it's very hard for gankers to find you before you get help if you just keep a good distance from them (summoned phantom shines like a beacon in the forest). Lots of fun with 2v2.

I don't care if the host is alone, I'm going to kill him ASAP unless he's fighting a darkwraith (that basically makes it a FFA, and while I'll still try to kill the host, I have to size up what the wraith is going to do). Mercy is bullcrap. Duels are for the arena or elsewhere. Gankers give us something we can invade consistently and we give them action/souls if we fail. The reason I like the forest the most is because you can actually buy time to help vs gankers, which is much harder/borderline fruitless elsewhere.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:47 pm

-I use to "reverse gank" in the forest all the time when I hosted.
    -I don't know how many phantoms I've used the black crystal on in the forest.
    -For the past year catbros have been my sworn enemy. It all began shortly after release when the dragonhead catbros turned you into "purple golems" with their fancy knife spit glitch. Since then I've sworn them as my eternal foes (lol), but only with a certain understanding....
    -I've recieved more prizes from sending a phantom home after they backstabbed the forest invader than from any source in the game. I've punished forest invaders for a lack of honor in the most cruel ways....
    -Point is, I've gotten the most enjoyment and made the most friends through "playing fair". Gotten loads of slabs and other things I'll be eternally grateful for. So thanks for all the gifts catbros...and sorry I killed so many of you tongue

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am