Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
aceluby
EeAyEss
Juutas
Djem
Sentiel
passivefamiliar
ublug
Vorcan
12 posters

roll glitch?

Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

roll glitch? Empty roll glitch?

Post by Vorcan Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:54 am

I've come across something rather annoying, at times it even gets me killed.
    For some reason my character sometimes randomly rolls without me pressing the button. What is up with that?
    btw, just died rolling down the elevator in Anor Londo because of that =.=
    Just stopped to wait for the elevator and all of a sudden my char rolls forward...

~Vorcan~
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

roll glitch? Empty Re: roll glitch?

Post by ublug Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 am

The game has an annoying input caching/delay bug, where you will suddenly attack, roll or drink estus without having touched that button for a long time.
    Nobody have managed to pinpoint the bug or force it to occur at will, so it has not been patched yet.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:56 am

I've never had it "delay" roll before. That blows...i've had plenty of the delayed shield/weapon moves, but usually those are still close to the time i wanted it to happen.

Or, it got to a point i almost could make it happen. For me, i would go to swing with R1 and nothing would happen, if i were to put my shield up, i would instead swing as if i'd hit R1 first and THEN my shield would go up. This didn't happen with any R2 attacks, or if i was 2 handing. I couldn't ever force the R1 to delay, but when ever it would i could make do the weird R1 before shield thing. After any delayed R1 i was able to do any other action as roll or any item use or i could parry or do heavy attacks. But i couldn't use R1 again until i'd try and lift my shield which would then trigger the R1 move.

Sorry, that may not be as fluent as i'd like. But its there. Doesn't happen as much anymore. I think its more to do with latency. If i'm playing offline it has NEVER happened. Although it has happened without an invasion or phantom, i remember playing,testing it for awhile. Never fully consistent though.

If you see it happen more, try and remember what your last few button inputs were, and try and repeat it.

Also, try resetting your console and relinking your controller, if your controller is damaged
    n any way it could be registering wrong. But i truly believe its most likely the game, just throwing that out there too.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 am

I usually have my shield up and evade with it up. It sometimes leads to me getting stamina damage from blocking an attack and evading at the same time. It may cost me stamina, but it's very safe in PvE.
    This works even on attacks that have a block animation, like when Taurus Demon hits you with its full swing.

However in DLC areas, when I do this, I always end up blocking and then rolling. It happens ONLY in there. I even went and tested this on lesser Taurus Demons in Demon Ruins and they don't do this.

It's quite annoying when my characters rolls AFTER a block, instead of doing both at once.

In case of bosses, when I evade an attack it misses me completely. When I try to do so with my shield up, I always, ALWAYS end up blocking and then rolling for no reason, even if their attack would've missed me.

It's like the block animation cancels the roll animation, which may be normal, but I always used roll animation to cancel block animation and it worked wonders and still does, except for the DLC.

I wonder why...
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Yeah attacks delay for everyone. But roll delay never happened to me as far as I remember.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:57 pm

I usually only get the button delay bug on R2 or L2 commands...I can't recall getting it on any other button.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:17 pm

I've never had delays.

Sure, some moves and animations take priority over others, but I still have never experienced a "delay"
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:40 pm

EeAyEss wrote:I've never had delays.

Sure, some moves and animations take priority over others, but I still have never experienced a "delay"

You're lucky. You will notice when it happens.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:13 pm

yeah, it's pretty annoying when it happens.
    I don't know exactly what causes it, but a lot of times I just finished running and went from running into walking, after which I came to a standstill. Twitching the joystick another way then made my character roll in that direction. However I haven't been able to recreate it either, so it may just as well fail to activate at random.
    All I know is...it's dangerous D:

~Vorcan~
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:13 am

If you're using a wireless controller sometimes you'll get weird or phantom button presses.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:32 pm

i've had roll delay happen to me, most of the time when i'm just lounging about so it hasn't gotten me dead yet.

if i've just spammed rolling until my stamina bar is empty, i will execute an additional roll without the need to press anything after a period of doing nothing to let the stamina bar regenerate. it doesn't happen all the time though.

i've also executed an unexpected roll after twitching the movement stick. it seems to only happen if i'm at a stand still before hand. again, it doesn't happen all the time.

something else i've noticed that i don't recall happening before the DLC patch, if i am stationary while holding my shield up and then turn to jog away in the opposite direction i was facing, while still holding my shield up, the character seems to get sticky feet and there is a delay while the character pivots in place until they have turned all the way around before beginning the movement. it looks and feels weird to me.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:51 pm

aceluby wrote:If you're using a wireless controller sometimes you'll get weird or phantom button presses.

There are wired ps3 controllers? o.O
    I thought they pretty much gave up on wired controllers lol, haven't seen one since I got that funny red looking controller with my game of Xenoblade chronicles on the wii lol.

I find it odd though that I would not see the same thing happening in other games, at least I cannot recall ever having trouble with it on any other ps3 game. Which would make it odd if it was a wireless problem =/

~Vorcan~
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Nybbles wrote:i've had roll delay happen to me, most of the time when i'm just lounging about so it hasn't gotten me dead yet.

if i've just spammed rolling until my stamina bar is empty, i will execute an additional roll without the need to press anything after a period of doing nothing to let the stamina bar regenerate. it doesn't happen all the time though.

i've also executed an unexpected roll after twitching the movement stick. it seems to only happen if i'm at a stand still before hand. again, it doesn't happen all the time.

something else i've noticed that i don't recall happening before the DLC patch, if i am stationary while holding my shield up and then turn to jog away in the opposite direction i was facing, while still holding my shield up, the character seems to get sticky feet and there is a delay while the character pivots in place until they have turned all the way around before beginning the movement. it looks and feels weird to me.

It does seem we're closing in on the culprit lol.
    I'll try to test out and see what you meant with the shield pivot, I'm assuming there is a rather large difference between turning around while holding up your shield and keeping your shield down. I'll let you know if I experience the same thing.

~Vorcan~
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 pm

I love this bug.

Invades someone. Bow. Host prepares to throw fireball and my toon, instead of rolling like the mighty button O commands, tries to drink Estus, and then switch the shield for talisman and the weapon for a bow, and THEN roll.

Its fantastic.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:39 am

Happens to me sometimes when I switch directions rapidly. Mostly when I'll be standing still, then abruptly change my character's facing 180 degrees without moving the camera, and he'll roll backwards, or attack, or do some other random action. It's not a delay, just a random action that I didn't prompt. Kind of annoying! But I don't know how to replicate it consistently, or avoid it, and it doesn't happen all that often, so I ignore it...
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:40 am

Nope. Never Happend Well What is it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am