Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Seignar
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
7 posters

Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge.

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge. Empty Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge.

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:32 pm

View this thread for infoirmation

I'm going to be attempting Vagata's one shot challange, and I'll be doing this a lot, so I'll be making a log of everything I do here. I'm planning on trying to use Sorcery to accomplish this, mixed with the power within and red tearstone ring items. So the first thing I need to do is get my hands on the spell power within, and get my hands on the red tearstone ring. Once I have both of them, I will pump any and all level I get into inteligience. the 3 attunement slots I start with is enough to do this challenge, because I'm only allowed to cast a spell once or twice at most, otherwise I forfeit the challenge.

When I'm fighting bosses, I only have one question.

If I hit the boss twice, and it's not dead... is that game over, or could I kill myself and, presuming I think I can improve my damage, try again?

I'm starting my character now, below this point I'll have in spoilers what I've accomplished, and a complete order of operations.

I've another question: Smough and Ornstein, what is considered a hit on them? It's literally impossible to beat them in less then 2 hits due to the way the fight is set up. So is only 1 level available, or do my two hits start with when they go super mode?

Rynn's Run, 2 point currently:

Seig's Run: 9 points currently:

Last edited by Rynn on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 6 times in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge. Empty Re: Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:41 pm

How will you get Power Within so early on in the game?
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge. Empty Re: Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge.

Post by Seignar Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Not hard. I already did that. Master Key, backtrack from Blighttown and believe me that the Pyro set comes very helpful for that. It is a suicide run to both Blighttown and Valley of Drakes.

In my case Rynn, I will rather opt to go using the Zweihander, then reverting to pyromancyies and soceries later on. It is hard to get good magic before Sen's, but the Zweihander is powerful and quick to use. But this ain't about me, it is about you...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:47 pm

But I thought you couldn't climb up to upper Blighttown if you go in through the VoD. I know that when I do Blighttown in the "traditional way" there comes a point where I cannot climb back up.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:49 pm

There are ladders all the way back to Blighttown. The danger is, of course, the 2 or 3 blockades of enemies and the 2 blowdarts on you.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Do I have to cross the tree trunk which leads to the Crimson Set or something? Because I know that when I reach the Wanderer Set platform that I'm pretty much stuck without recourse. Unless there are some sets of ladders that I don't know about.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:58 pm

You missed ladders Pendant.

Seignar, if you wish to use this thread too, I'll log all of your runs too. I could place it in a second spoiler below mine, and if you give me comprehensive coverage on what you have done, I'll post it all up in a log on the top.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Can you describe it to me, or is too difficult to say without showing?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:01 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Do I have to cross the tree trunk which leads to the Crimson Set or something?
    That's a dead end.

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Because I know that when I reach the Wanderer Set platform that I'm pretty much stuck without recourse. Unless there are some sets of ladders that I don't know about.
    There's a ladder going further up at the start of that walkway.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:02 pm

It's in the direct opposite direction of the wanderer set. You do a bit of a U-turn from where the blow dart person is.

Try walking through blight town from the right direction, and don't skip any ladders. You'll see what I speak of.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:02 pm

@Rynn: You should just call it "Logs for Vageta's challenge" then. Anyways, I'll have one up daily if I can...

Pendant, there are a complete set of multiple ladders leading all the way up, try hugging the walls as they can camouflage fairly well at times.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks, ublug/Rynn. Now I guess I really have no reason to ever go into Blighttown from the Depths. happy

EDIT: And t/y Seignar, caught yours a little late. silly
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:05 pm

To answer Rynn's question, if you can't 2-shot the boss, you can always homeward out and try again later.
    About O&S, i'm not sure how Vegeta was picturing that, but i assume you have 1 or 2 hits for either of them. so 1 or 2 to kill Ornstein and 1 or 2 to kill super Smough. (if you decide to do Ornstein first, which would be the better choice i think)

Last edited by lalliman on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:06 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Can you describe it to me, or is too difficult to say without showing?

There's a long platform about level with the blowdart guy guarding wanderer set. Backtracking from the blowdart guy should bring you to a series of ladders. Climb until you can enter a hole in the wall. I believe you find more ladders inside that area, and come out to the spot where you find the Barbarian. From there you should see where you are to make your way back out.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:09 pm

I must have just been an idiot then. Look Skyward Though, in my defense the lag down there is terribad, how can you guys see anything?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:13 pm

DRAGON BODY
    I completely forgot about that.
    I'm going to be farming scales for several hours in the near future... that's an extra 35% damage. With that addiotional boost, I should be capable of killing literally anything in the two shots.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:15 pm

That climb out going the "wrong" way is kind of a nightmare, so I can understand anyone thinking that the way isn't obvious. And like someone said, many of the ladders are kind of camouflaged, and easy to miss.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Do the poison dart spammers in Blighttown count as mini-bosses?
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:03 pm

^ no they don't
    http://darksouls.wikidot.com/bosses
    Vegeta said to use this list minus the giant rat
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Long, so put in spoilers. My first entry.
    Spoiler:
    Tower Knight no longer counts? sad I guess that means I only have 2 levels to use for tomorrow, not 3.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:10 pm

^ I guess it's debatable if the tower knight counts. Well if the channeler in the parish doesn't, i guess the tower knight doesn't either. Neither are very powerful.

How are you gonna manage to oneshot the moonlight butterfly? O.o
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Tower Knight = Berenike Knight. So yes they count.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:24 pm

So what is your strategies?
    Mine is to first use the reinforced club to get some levels early in. Once I got 6 levels I get Great Heavy Soul Arrow. When combined withall the buffs I can get, and the Oolacile Catalyst, I'm expecting it will be enough to easily score my way through the rest of the bosses if I keep spamming points into Int. The only one I am worried about is Qualagg, but I think I can take her too with just enough int.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Personally I'm just going straight melee until I have no other option but to use magic. I do use power within of course, but no actual offensive spells or pyromancies. Just for fun I'm also staying level 1 for as long as possible just to see how far I can get, and according to my testing I think I can rack up 15-16 points before I'm forced to level. I may even be able to go a little further if I allow use of pyro while still at sl 1.

I know for a fact I can 2 shot Quelaag without much issue, I'm really going to try and get a 1 shot though when the time comes.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:59 am

How have you two-shot Qualagg, if I may ask?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am