Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Halo skull type challenges

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Halo skull type challenges Empty Halo skull type challenges

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Hypothetical for the helluvit-

Would you enjoy "challenges" like the Skull modifiers in the Halo games in DKS II? Instead of a calamity ring, you can turn a challenge modifier on for a playthrough at a time. Everyone is doing challenge runs anyways these days, why not have some developer made challenges, but once you start it there is no way to back out, so you are more compelled to stick with it.

Things like double damage taken, any enemy hit is instant death, double aggression, max encumbrance reduced significantly, double enemies, invasions only and no summons, etc etc. I'm sure this community could think of some brutal ones. Players on computer could maybe make their own difficulty mods and challenge other players to complete them.
    Deathsitexxi
    Deathsitexxi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Halo skull type challenges Empty Re: Halo skull type challenges

Post by Deathsitexxi Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Anything that promotes user generated content (UGC) I really like. I think consoles should learn from Infamous 2 in this regard as it just keeps you into the game. I like the idea of a developer challenge as well. You might not be a trophy/achievement person but…I think they should incorporate those challenges into the trophies that way it actually feels like you deserved it, and with this make true badass un-lockables (screw DLC) so you can show off what you did instead of just brag you have a trophy.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Oh yeah, an awesome achievement for completing the challenges is a must, but I think it should be something practically useless but awesome looking, or the ability to modify some existing gear you have already in a small way. Or maybe you could get an ability to reset stat points or something? Endless possibilities, but you would really need to earn it!
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:44 am

Depends. If that did what Halo: Reach Firefight offered i think it would be great. What i mean by that is that you could modify your own skulls to challenge yourself. Imagine if you could change the difficulty, and no, i don't mean easy-normal-hard. I mean, still keeping it like Dark Souls but also offering to make it harder for yourself.

Ex.

Settings;

Enemy damage - ''Intense'', ''Horrifying'', ''Death wish''
    Enemy health - ''Phalanx'', ''Iron man'', ''Juggernaut''
    Enemy intelligence - ''Foolproof'', ''Third eye'', ''Mastermind''
    Enemy speed -
    Character resistance -
    Character health -
    Character damage -

etc etc

And hey, if they added this, all those people complaining about Dark Souls missing the difficulty settings would get it, kind of! lol

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:35 am

Yes, I mean that the DKS base is the same, but if you want to try an extra challenge you can turn on one of the "skulls".

I wouldn't want an adjustable slider for enemy health, player health, etc. Just something like during the character creation process you have an option to select a starting curse so to speak. Things like double enemy health, permanent halved player health, two of every enemy is now spawned, max encumbrance stunted 50%, weapons and armor degrade at 3x rate, enemies get big boost to aggressiveness, aggro range, dodging abilities, etc etc.
    The game wouldn't tell you the benefit of finishing the playthrough with each specific curse, but there will be a good reward for each. Obviously the community would figure them out and it would become wiki material, but to those going through blind on a piss-hard challenge, not knowing whether or not they even get anything for it, now that would be a great Souls experience.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:41 am

To further add to the mystery, maybe the starting curses only have a cryptic name and don't explain what they even do. Gives players a bigger mystery to solve.

It should be made clear that they are indeed curses, and something bad will happen to those who choose one, but smart players know that everything in the game has a reason (except, well, you know).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 pm