Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Sloth9230
Forum Pirate
lordgodofhell
FinPeku
8 posters

Pure caster PvP (video)

FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Pure caster PvP (video) Empty Pure caster PvP (video)

Post by FinPeku Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi guys! Dark souls PvP without a melee weapon:

I started experimenting with this build during patch 1.05 when i wanted to try something different and limit myself in ways i had not before. Playing a caster without high dexterity, without a melee weapon and without huge amounts of wog or dark bead/pursuers proved to be a lot of fun and surprisingly viable. I hope you enjoy!
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Pure caster PvP (video) Empty Re: Pure caster PvP (video)

Post by lordgodofhell Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Dat Fin Peku
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:58 pm

lordgodofhell wrote:Dat Fin Peku
    lol Hi there! GGs dude. Zwei vs. DGM 1-1 right?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Wow, good on you. I can't manage 3 types of spell.

My pyro is weaponless. Pure casters are tough and get lots of hate for being "cheap and nooby." Lets see them try right?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:06 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Wow, good on you. I can't manage 3 types of spell.

My pyro is weaponless. Pure casters are tough and get lots of hate for being "cheap and nooby." Lets see them try right?
    Yeah, so many things are harder to punish without a weapon. One of the funniest duels i've had with that build was against a pure pyro build. Both dodging like crazy and guessing what spell comes next and how to react to it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:23 am

On the other side though, you're so versatile and high damage too. If you land even 1 cast they're likely under half hp.

I don't remember your spell order. If you follow a close up great fire ball with a db you'll drop most builds outright. Thats 2300 damage at the high end.

spear turtling is my biggest problem. I can tag the roll pokers, but for turtle I have to get the gfb behind them, a challenge when they're hunting for a chance to roll bs.

Evidently you're a better caster than me, any advice? I can post the build if you need me too.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:34 am

I tried using 3 kinds of spells once, it mostly ended in me using the wrong catalyst for the wrong spell and getting backstabed sad

Heh, even with only Miracles and Sorceries I can barely keep track of the 4 spells I have attuned.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:45 am

Use them in an order. Know your main spell before hand, and combo from there.

For example, my order is great fire ball, GC, fire surge, fire tempest. Great fire ball is my main spell at every range, if it hits up close I follow with GC, if they survive I pressure and chip with fire surge for that last bit of hp. Fire tempest is for stealth/ganks or a last ditch effort.

Changing catalysts continually though complicates things, thats why I'm so impressed.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:04 am

Yeah I genrally have a preset order in mind.

It does, I ened up just switching back to a shield. And here I thought everyone would be awed by my use of all kinds of Magic. Nothing but Failure and embarrassment.

Great job FinPeku, that takes a lot of skill.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:05 am

Forum Pirate wrote:On the other side though, you're so versatile and high damage too. If you land even 1 cast they're likely under half hp.

I don't remember your spell order. If you follow a close up great fire ball with a db you'll drop most builds outright. Thats 2300 damage at the high end.

spear turtling is my biggest problem. I can tag the roll pokers, but for turtle I have to get the gfb behind them, a challenge when they're hunting for a chance to roll bs.

Evidently you're a better caster than me, any advice? I can post the build if you need me too.
    GFB + DB sounds really powerful combo. But i guess i would have to be very close or the gfb stun won't be long enough. Hmm... Worth a try.

Spear users are a problem, like always, but i usually go for chip damage with hcsm and when they dodge i try to catch them with either gfb or dead angle wog. I would imagine pure pyro has more problems with spears than i have with that build.

Thank you, and I will gladly give you some advice concerning caster builds and your build, but it will have to be some other day. Gotta get some sleep. Feel free to pm me if you feel like it. I'm not the best one with pure pyros, although i have a build like that too.

Sloth9230 wrote:I tried using 3 kinds of spells once, it mostly ended in me using the wrong catalyst for the wrong spell and getting backstabed

Heh, even with only Miracles and Sorceries I can barely keep track of the 4 spells I have attuned.
    Pirate said it. Pay attention to the order of your spells. What spell you want to combo with what. Try not to change that order and you will learn to remember it. Also, certain spells are for certain purposes. Simply running to your opponent and casting a great combustion rarely hits. Use gc to punish katana users for spamming dash attack, punish parry spammers, bs fishers etc. Fireballs are good at keeping the pressure up, but they should almost always be aimed manually. Fortunately that is a skill that can be practiced in PvE too.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:47 am

that video sucks, i wanna see some sick set up parries against newbies, now THAT is skill!
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:06 am

RantFromRant wrote:... i wanna see some sick set up parries against newbies...

Itsajoke

Merry Christmas

Yes Fin, it is I, you valiantly defeated me in my world. I rarely duel against ultra greats on my actual ultra great build. GGs
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:15 am

lordgodofhell wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:... i wanna see some sick set up parries against newbies...

Itsajoke

Merry Christmas

Yes Fin, it is I, you valiantly defeated me in my world. I rarely duel against ultra greats on my actual ultra great build. GGs

i wasnt walking about someone in particular, i was talking about everyone that uploads dks vids. very few are actually enjoyable and the rest are the same thing.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:30 am

Wow o.o that was pretty cool. I can't imagine how you could keep up with so many spells, I get confused enough with 2 magic slots x_X.

We should fight again, the few matches we had were pretty good \o/.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:08 pm

I can imagine how people may have been ticked off. But, you do have a significant weakness - no melee weapons. Love the build. Faith-Int Hybrid. Keeping your opponent off guard.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Have you tried how light crossbow would perform instead of grass crest shield?

Nice video btw big grin +1
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:01 pm

XachAttack wrote:Wow o.o that was pretty cool. I can't imagine how you could keep up with so many spells, I get confused enough with 2 magic slots x_X.

We should fight again, the few matches we had were pretty good \o/
    As much as i would like to say "i'm just so ahwschum!!1", it's really only about practice and getting used to handle more than few spells at the same time. I would not ever use more than 5 though because it becomes very hard to react quickly to anything your opponent does if you have to scroll through so many spells.

I would like to fight you again. We'll see about that when we are in the FC chat at the same time.

reim0027 wrote:I can imagine how people may have been ticked off. But, you do have a significant weakness - no melee weapons. Love the build. Faith-Int Hybrid. Keeping your opponent off guard.
    Yeah, that's why i rarely use same spell twice in a row. I'm trying to stay unpredictable.

Uparkaam wrote:Have you tried how light crossbow would perform instead of grass crest shield?

Nice video btw big grin +1
    Thanks! No I haven't, interesting idea. I'm not sure do I want to go completely without a shield with this build. Helps against spear users when i can't parry or backstab them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm