Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
WandererReece
Forum Pirate
Saturday-Saint
SlakeMoth
Marino.
GrinTwist
tinypantha
Hydreigon11
Hatsune Miku
IceIfrit666
bunnywink
Elite Knight
The Letter X
PlasticandRage
Mr. Tart
Tolvo
Serious_Much
RANT
Sloth9230
Sevans
Jester's Tears
bloodpixel
dancash1808
User1
28 posters

Worst mistakes made by you in games

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Worst mistakes made by you in games - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst mistakes made by you in games

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Let it's epicness fill your soul!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Worst mistakes made by you in games - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst mistakes made by you in games

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:58 pm

It's definitely worth $5. If I didn't still have it on disc I'd be all over it. You get your moneys worth too. It's really long. 4 discs.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:08 pm

It's like Final Fantasy? That kind of is a turn of to me, at the risk of being burned at the stake, let's just say I have some very strong opinions about that game series.

I'll look into it a bit more and learn a bit about the combat system and a tid bit of the setting. Then I'll see if I really want to give it a try or not. Frankly I often like it more when the RPG's don't have many cut scenes, and I get to see a lot more combat and party building.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Buying Dark Souls.
    In general this game has caused me more grief than any other game I have played. Griefers, gankers, glitchers, modders, dex weps, poise stabs, lag, chain stabs, buff R1 spam, taunting, player messages, Hornet Ring, and the times I have died in PVE due to no fault of my own. I hate this game for drawing me back in again and again because of how good it is when something doesn't go wrong.

Oh and starting a Dragon's Dogma Hard Mode playthrough. Instant killed by goblins, wolves, and harpies? Really?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:27 pm

I won't lie, It does have it's fair share of cutscenes. Though the'yre mostly after bosses.

As for party building. The main character is always in your party, but you choose which other two characters you use out of 7(Except for certain plot important boss fights). All 7 play very differently, some are glass cannons, some specialize in magic, and so on, the usual for an rpg.

The combat relies on action commands(called additions), they start out simple but you can unlock more complicated ones as you go. Each character(except 1) has their own set with different timings and and benefits.

If you get it and don't like it, then you can down-rep me lol
    Any similarities to FFVII are mostly superficial anyway.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:34 pm

@tolvo get star ocean two, its a freaking masterpiece https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd75mcDrn_Q you will not regret it. im not sure if its on psn but if it is get it!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Tolvo wrote:It's like Final Fantasy? That kind of is a turn of to me, at the risk of being burned at the stake, let's just say I have some very strong opinions about that game series.

I'll look into it a bit more and learn a bit about the combat system and a tid bit of the setting. Then I'll see if I really want to give it a try or not. Frankly I often like it more when the RPG's don't have many cut scenes, and I get to see a lot more combat and party building.

Sounds like it wouldn't be your kinda thing, just like the other games in its genre like FF has plenty of cutscenes and focus on story, but generally I feel is more interesting than many (though not all) final fantasy games.

It's done a bit differently to final fantasy in combat though, you do timing based 'additions' for regular attacks and throw items for magic, and then can change into the titular dragoons, which really run riot on most enemies.

It's not really difficult or most unique thing ever, but it's such a loveable game, I don't know why but it just speaks to you I guess, almost as much of a hidden gem as dark chronicle, or in film equivalent memento
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:44 pm

Sacrificing (almost)everyone the first time I played "Valkyrie Profile covenant of the plume", imagine my surprise when I got to the last level. I redifined the meaning of "curb-stomp battle" sad
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Buying games that I'm not even 100 percent sure I'm going to play them. Triple Baka.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:49 pm

Thinking Final Fantasy XIII-2 was going to be better than Final Fantasy XIII. They both tanked hard.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 am

My worst mistake in gaming:

Purchasing Dark Souls.

Reasoning:
    I cannot play another game without saying: still ain't a Dark Souls. I simply cannot enjoy another game for a long period of time as I have with this game. I am not in anyway hating on Dark Souls but god Damn it has controlled my gaming habits for at least a year now.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:12 am

tinypantha wrote:My worst mistake in gaming:

Purchasing Dark Souls.

Reasoning:
    I cannot play another game without saying: still ain't a Dark Souls. I simply cannot enjoy another game for a long period of time as I have with this game. I am not in anyway hating on Dark Souls but god Damn it has controlled my gaming habits for at least a year now.

i think most people in here feel the same way, it kinda sucks but not really.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:27 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    tinypantha wrote:My worst mistake in gaming:

Purchasing Dark Souls.

Reasoning:

i think most people in here feel the same way, it kinda sucks but not really.

I've seen that being mentioned quite a lot here. I'm sorry but i have to break the chain though. Dark Souls is a great game, but it does not have the atmosphere that is required to make me feel that way, only Fable: TLC has done that so far.

On-Topic: I kinda regret quitting Age of Mythology for the long period of time that i did, because when i got back this year, i came back to a almost dead(compared to when i last played) community, and it made me so sad.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:46 am

Leveling up resistance in Dark Souls
    Not putting my soldiers behind cover in X-COM
    Putting over 10 days worth of gameplay in Modern Warfare 2
    Starting off with Mass Effect 3 instead of 1 or 2.
    Blocking instead of rolling from one of the Four Kings attacks on NG+4. (This still haunts me because that was the closest I ever came to killing them on NG+4)
    Putting money into playing Dragon Age 2.
    I played an MMO that stole half of my teenage years. (Biggest mistake I ever made)
    Failing to get past the Forsaken Fortress in Wind Waker, it wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't taken me over a year to finally do it

I can't think of any others, maybe it's just because of the trauma.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:03 am

Buying God Of War 2 and 3 .

In the the First GoW Kratos had strong reasons to do what he does and i even sympathized with him .
    Seriously, the Battle at the End of the Game where Kratos protects his Familly from being killed by his Clones is one of the strongest Moments in Video Games i ever experienced .
    He had actual Character. It was the classical Greek Tragedy .

In GoW 2 and 3 however...he does what he does why exactly ? Why does he abuse his Power in GoW2 ?
    Those Games make him unredeemable and it killed the franchise for me .
    The Gameplay was good though .
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:18 am

Just buying 'Broken Sword-The Sleeping Dragon'. 'Broken' just about says it all.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:34 am

In a few months time, I will have invested 3 years of my life into playing SL 120 PvP.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:27 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:In a few months time, I will have invested 3 years of my life into playing SL 120 PvP.

Congrats if that does ever happen.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:14 pm

This thread is for your worst mistakes, not your biggest achievements.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm a bit late here but I feel I should point out....

I have a Gamertag, not a PSN acccount. No LotD for me. sad
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Marino. wrote:Buying God Of War 2 and 3 .

In the the First GoW Kratos had strong reasons to do what he does and i even sympathized with him .
    Seriously, the Battle at the End of the Game where Kratos protects his Familly from being killed by his Clones is one of the strongest Moments in Video Games i ever experienced .
    He had actual Character. It was the classical Greek Tragedy .

In GoW 2 and 3 however...he does what he does why exactly ? Why does he abuse his Power in GoW2 ?
    Those Games make him unredeemable and it killed the franchise for me .
    The Gameplay was good though .

Hubris is a really common trait in Greek tragedy. I'd say that's exactly where they were trying to go.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:23 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Hubris is a really common trait in Greek tragedy. I'd say that's exactly where they were trying to go.

Didnt most Greek Tragedys end with the "Heros" death/suicide after he realized what he has done ?
    Thats pretty much the opposite of Hubris silly

I remember how Artemis (forgot her Name, Zeus' daughter) said that Kratos sins cannot be redeemed .
    So it would have been appropiate for Kratos to execute himself after he got his revenge imo.

The Story from 2 and 3 is just massacre after massacre without any meaning . Perhaps its common in Greek Tragedys, but it still sucks .
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:35 pm

I'd have to play them again to comment more accurately. Only played 2 and 3 once each when they first came out, but
    Spoiler:
    I can't remember.

And her names Athena.

Usually hubris is what causes their crimes and fuels their blindness to their crime's severity. Then the climax usually ends with the realization of their crimes, at which point they usually are punished in some way for those crimes. It's not always death, though it usually is. Oedipus, for example, doesn't die, but rips out his own eyes. I don't remember everything that happens in game, but I'd say Kratos's hubris didn't truly kick in until the beginning of the second one. In the first one he's paying for an original mistake that came from desperation, not pride, and then in the end when he gains all his power by becoming a god, that's when he becomes truly prideful and starts defying the gods to the most extreme degree he can.

You're kind of making me want to play them again, so that I can comment more accurately. I can't remember enough of what happens past the first one to really be able to form a well founded perspective.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:55 pm

I havent finished GoW 3 so i cant say for sure if he dies or not :| .

Kratos wanted revenge in the first Game because Ares made him kill his Family in blind rampage (or at least he thinks so) .

The second game started with Kratos being the new God of War and him attacking the Humans out of nowhere (because he felt like it) which leads to Athena striping him of his Powers .
    The rest of the Game is...revenge because he got his Powers (rightfully) stripped ? Yeah..its not really engaging tbh
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 pm

About God of War 3

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 am