Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Djem
Snuggles
YourBigSpoon
eminusx
Juutas
MosquitoPower
Sloth9230
tofucactaur
Serious_Much
hey its andres
Oh_the_Humanity
15 posters

Dynamic Weather and the Changing of Seasons

Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dynamic Weather and the Changing of Seasons - Page 2 Empty Re: Dynamic Weather and the Changing of Seasons

Post by Acarnatia Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Depending on exactly what the developers meant by 'time', perhaps they can add a rare/expensive item that can change the season prematurely?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dynamic Weather and the Changing of Seasons - Page 2 Empty Re: Dynamic Weather and the Changing of Seasons

Post by hey its andres Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:38 pm

What would really add some depth to the game would be the introduction of heat/cold, and then certain armor can have better heat/cold resistance. Wander's set would be good in cold, but not as good in heat. By good I simply mean that your character would maybe move a little slower like maybe they go up a weight class. They could probably add a ring to get over this (similar to rusted iron), but it would be so cool to see people wearing snow gear during the winter time and then people going shirtless in the summer.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Acarnatia wrote:Depending on exactly what the developers meant by 'time', perhaps they can add a rare/expensive item that can change the season prematurely?

It would be really cool to hold up an object and watch the season change right in front of you. Very cool idea.

Last edited by Oh_the_Humanity on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:14 pm

hey its andres wrote:What would really add some depth to the game would be the introduction of heat/cold, and then certain armor can have better heat/cold resistance. Wander's set would be good in cold, but not as good in heat. By good I simply mean that your character would maybe move a little slower like maybe they go up a weight class. They could probably add a ring to get over this (similar to rusted iron), but it would be so cool to see people wearing snow gear during the winter time and then people going shirtless in the summer.

Another awesome idea. I could definitely see this if seasons are added.
    In fact if seasons are added. It just wouldnt be as cool without it.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:17 pm

It would be pretty awesome if the weather effects were translated over a server. For instance, if there's a crazy lightning storm going on in your world, everybody playing online would be experiencing the same weather.

Also, this talk of wind blowing you around is stupid. It sounds okay on paper, but it would only cause irritation and gimmicky deaths.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:42 pm

CaptanSpudsy wrote:Also, this talk of wind blowing you around is stupid. It sounds okay on paper, but it would only cause irritation and gimmicky deaths.

Not if the wind affected arrows.
    CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CaptanSpudsy Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:58 pm

hey its andres wrote:
    CaptanSpudsy wrote:Also, this talk of wind blowing you around is stupid. It sounds okay on paper, but it would only cause irritation and gimmicky deaths.

Affecting projectiles is fine and actually pretty nifty. I was talking about the wind pushing your character around and possibly off cliffs.
    YourBigSpoon

Post by YourBigSpoon Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:41 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Dynamic Weather and the Changing of Seasons - Page 2 Bmwhat11

Wouldn't rain make them more visible? It would either cling to them or bounce off them, based on their armor.
    Either one would make their outline more visible.

You're absolutely right! I hope if they do include a weather system that it will function with the game system and not like it is in Skyrim. I hate not leaving footprints in the snow. I find it a little ridiculous that Dark Souls can get snow right and a huge game like Skyrim(centered around a tundra environment) falls short. Then again I can't play Skyrim for more than 10 minutes without falling asleep.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:59 pm

I wouldn't mind the wind if it were due to an incoming dragon ready to kill me big grin
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:10 am

CaptanSpudsy wrote:
    hey its andres wrote:

Affecting projectiles is fine and actually pretty nifty. I was talking about the wind pushing your character around and possibly off cliffs.

Hey man that's my childhood your talking about! Oh how I miss Super Mario 64.

It could be done though, you'd like need really heavy armor to traverse certain parts of the map.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    CaptanSpudsy wrote:
    hey its andres wrote:

Hey man that's my childhood your talking about! Oh how I miss Super Mario 64.

It could be done though, you'd like need really heavy armor to traverse certain parts of the map.

I think it could be done really well. Lets use DkS as the example. Now the only place in DkS that would have such harsh winds would be Valley of the Drakes, and yes arrows would be basically impossible to use in that area Unless you facing the same way the wind is blowing, then you get extra speed but less control over the arrow, which makes sense. If you were wearing heavy armor you could just walk slowly through it no problem. If your wearing light armor, then you would need a shield up the whole time or else you loose your footing for a moment, or completely if you dont hold you ground by walking toward the wind and raising your shield again. Pyromancy would work against you or with you depending on you direction to the wind.
    I just want to see as much realism to the next souls game as possible.
    If it makes sense physics wise, it should be incorporated to DkSII
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:03 am

I can see how wind could be gimmicky, but knowing From if they did decide to add wind they'd find a way to make it work without having it be something superficial. Actually, knowing them we probably wouldn't realize that it's wind until a second or third play through. silly
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:10 am

some of this i like, E.G the day and night cycles but stuff like rain making you miss, thats not dark souls. dark souls is a game of strategy and skill and while they throw in variables to make us slip up but they NEVER have given us a forced disadvantage ever.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:15 am

If it were a variable I'd assume that it would be a variable in the sense that poise is variable, a dependent one. I do understand what you mean though, independent variables, e.g. luck, could severely ruin the game.
    emraluces
    emraluces

Post by emraluces Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 am

Dynamic weather effects as well as dynamic lighting effects, depending on how they were implemented, would absolutely serve to increase the immersion for the player into the gameworld. I agree, this would be sorely missed if not implemented into Dark Souls 2.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:40 am

I highly doubt that they will not have weather in the games. Now whether it'll be dynamic or not is another story. It's totally likely though because they'll want to show off their new engine.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:03 am

Hey guys... looks like we were right!
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:28 am

I can't wait for this game. I don't think I've been this excited for a game since... :roll: I can't remember.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:33 am

Yeah seriously! I saw the trailers for DkS (never knew about Demon's) and said "Wow this looks pretty cool!" and just by coincidence my friend got it...and that was the end of our lives. I have never been this involved in a single game ever, and knowing how awesome this sequel is going to be...ARGH GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!

I guess in retrospect though, I'd rather have a polished, smooth, and amazing game vs. an amazing game. No :?:
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:51 am

I never knew about Demon's either. I'm actually playing it now for the first time. I like it alot. I love the atmosphere in Demon's. It's like Dark Souls, just as dark but a bit more gritty
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:31 am

I would play it...if I had a PS3 sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 am