Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Forum Pirate
Kiva the wanderer
6 posters

Any suggestions for RPGs on xbox?

Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Any suggestions for RPGs on xbox? Empty Any suggestions for RPGs on xbox?

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:57 am

So I spent money (god forbid) on far cry 3 and the witcher 2 the later is pretty good the former however while fun is pretty repetitive does any of you xbros know a good game that's an RPG.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Any suggestions for RPGs on xbox? Empty Re: Any suggestions for RPGs on xbox?

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:08 pm

Mass effect, the elder scrolls (skyrim, because oblivion sucks), fallout 3 and fallout new vegas, lost oddosy, blue dragon.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:23 pm

You have the Fable series. A lot of people claim Fable 2 was better than 3, while i feel the opposite, so you should try any of them. The best is Fable: TLC, though it's a xbox original. Great game though, and a must play if you can get your hands on it.

There's Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Oblivion, Skyrim and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - Elements.

DMoMaM - Elements is a pretty good one time play game. It's not the best there is, but it's a pretty good one time run really, so give that a try too.

Last edited by Mr. Tart on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:33 pm

Dragon's Dogma and Two Worlds 2
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 pm

The Letter X wrote:Dragon's Dogma and Two Worlds 2
    Two games most people hate, but I'm glad someone else likes them. I don't understand why people hate Dragon's Dogma especially, it's world is so good, but sometimes there is difficulty spikes, such as the Griffon fight.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:27 pm

But my faves on the 'Box are:

• Fable series (especially TLC)
    • The Witcher 2
    • Dishonored
    • Far Cry 3
    • Mass Effect series
    • Dark souls!
    • Fallout 3 and New Vegas
    • Two Worlds 1 and 2
    • Dragon's Dogma
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:29 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:Dragon's Dogma and Two Worlds 2
    Two games most people hate, but I'm glad someone else likes them. I don't understand why people hate Dragon's Dogma especially, it's world is so good, but sometimes there is difficulty spikes, such as the Griffon fight.

Yeah, Dragon's Dogma is my favorite RPG to play aside from Dark Souls. A lot of people are also turned off by its "lack" of story, but I think it's amazing.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:34 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:But my faves on the 'Box are:

• Fable series (especially TLC)
    • The Witcher 2
    • Dishonored
    • Far Cry 3
    • Mass Effect series
    • Dark souls!
    • Fallout 3 and New Vegas
    • Two Worlds 1 and 2
    • Dragon's Dogma

Know that i will forever have huge respect for you now.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:48 pm

The thing I hated about Dogma was that 70-80% of the game was sprinting between one landmark to the next with the same enemy and NO fast travel and your pawns shouting GOBLIN or HARPY whenever the enemy appears. Yet I still like that game.

A decent RPG that is often overlooked is Tales of Vesperia. It's got a pretty unique battle system that just flows and a very good story.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Was Vesperia really an RPG? I remember playing it but don't remember any role-playing aspects about it.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:54 pm

Well it has sidequests and a variety of characters, I'm not sure what other people class as RPG's but I count anything that has characters in a vast story that you as the character affect with you actions, the character being a person you control or someone you have made. Also many sites have classed it as a JRPG so... Nonetheless Vesperia is still very enjoyable.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:58 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:Well it has sidequests and a variety of characters, I'm not sure what other people class as RPG's but I count anything that has characters in a vast story that you as the character affect with you actions, the character being a person you control or someone you have made. Also many sites have classed it as a JRPG so... Nonetheless Vesperia is still very enjoyable.
    I was going to get Vesperia, but even though it was released around 2008, it's too expensive for me, and nearly all copies are from Japan.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Forgot to mention that ToV is (to my knowledge) Xbox only in America/Europe although I think a PS3 version was in Japan I'm not sure. Anyway I should have made sure you were on Xbox before recommending it, my mistake.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:Forgot to mention that ToV is (to my knowledge) Xbox only in America/Europe although I think a PS3 version was in Japan I'm not sure. Anyway I should have made sure you were on Xbox before recommending it, my mistake.
    I am on Xbox, but thanks for your concern.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:25 am