Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Disc Issues...

sheikhsiva

Disc Issues... Empty Disc Issues...

Post by sheikhsiva Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:11 am

Ok I have real problem here. I spent time clearing out all my saves and filling the slots with pure BB toons. Then since I don't have quick access to the PS store I went and bought the new PTD disc. The problem is that the new disc will not allow me to access any of my old saves. Is there a workaround people. Please help sad sad sad I really need to access my old toons and don't want to go and download PTD just for this....Thanks.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Disc Issues... Empty Re: Disc Issues...

Post by passivefamiliar Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:11 am

Well, you seem kinda new. And i did about the same thing when i first came here, asked for help cheating. But you'll find people kinda frown upon that here, but that doesn't mean people will frown down on YOU. People here are very helpful and very willing.

But you won't find any help or advice on how to cheat like that. You do it at your own discretion is best left untold.

But, to answer your question. You can't use those saves. Sounds like you deleted the patch, or didn't instal it. So, any character you created AFTER the patch came out, won't work with the new patch IF you modified your game data so that you could use a in game weakness the patch changed.

Hope that makes sense, i'm not claiming to be the best source of info here. Just my understanding of it. If you want to play exclusively offline you should be able to use those characters but you can't access online with them
    sheikhsiva

Post by sheikhsiva Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 am

Hi PF, Well firstly No cheating involved. I've been playing DKS since the game released and the BB glitch has been a staple of new toons. Its not to make a low level griefer but so that we can level up our stats to the 100 - 125 or 200 level for PVP without having to go through the whole game. Since I have finished 3 toons all the way to NG 7+ and one to level 714 I don't PVE as much. Just want to get straight into the PVP thats why I asked. Ok here is the funny thing about the patch. I'm offline for the next one week cause they are laying fiber lines down. And so my old disk is still not patched to 1.06. My new disk though comes pre-patched so I don't have to go online to do it. The problem i presume will sort itself out when I go online. But I guess by then I will have a new lvl 100 (at least hopefully) toon ready. The whole point of the topic was to find out if I don't have to go through the whole process of getting PS+ and uploading and downloading. Anyways am enjoying going through the whole game as if new. 15000 souls seem dear again. Thanks all. Happy hunting.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong. It sounds like your saves are still 1.05, and the new disk won't update them to 1.06.

If this is correct, the you just need to download the patch from the internet (and maybe load a game). Then install the new content from the disk.

I'm only about 75% certain I'm right, but it' worth a try and the only thing I can think of to do.

Also, don't worry about BB glitching. Everyone that knows about it has done it. That's how I got my lvl 18 Ornstein, but he's not the same since the DWGR got nerfed.
    sheikhsiva

Post by sheikhsiva Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:35 am

Thanks Reece, Will try that when my net is up. But I think the patch already contains the new content. So once I've updated my saves to 1.06 ( which is a brilliant idea :-) ) I will check up and let you know. Thanks once again for the hint. Happy hunting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm