Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
raecor14
DoughGuy
SpecialNewb
7 posters

A What If... for Lordran

SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

A What If... for Lordran Empty A What If... for Lordran

Post by SpecialNewb Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 am

I am a big fan of alternate history. Asking what if a historical event had gone differently. So now I wonder what if things had gone differently in the DkS universe. What happens to Lordran and the world of Dark souls if the Chosen Undead doesn't appear for another few centuries?

• Would civilization beyond Lordran continue to collapse from undead outbreaks?
    • Would the Demons conquer all Lordran (the burg merchant says they recently moved into the burg) and expand into the human countries launching a Demon Souls like demon-human war?
    • Could Gwyn even survive burning for another 100 years and if not and the First Flame dies on its own, does that start the Age of Dark?
    • What might Gwyndolin do in that case?
    • Given another 100 years might Pinwheel's power stealing amount to something non-pathetic?
    • What terrible knowledge might Seath gain with more time to study and abduct test subjects?
    • Would the Serpent men begin to expand too if they have more time to increase in numbers and humans weaken?

Just some things I started to wonder. This topic is just for fun of course to let creativity run a little wild.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

A What If... for Lordran Empty Re: A What If... for Lordran

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:05 am

• Would civilization beyond Lordran continue to collapse from undead outbreaks? Quite possibly. However we dont know if civilisation is collapsing, just that undead are appearing.
    • Would
      the Demons conquer all Lordran (the burg merchant says they recently
      moved into the burg) and expand into the human countries launching a
      Demon Souls like demon-human war? I say unlikely. The 2 we fight are stragglers. The demons have had 1000 years to expand but they've stuck in Izalith all that time.
    • Could Gwyn even survive
      burning for another 100 years and if not and the First Flame dies on its
      own, does that start the Age of Dark? I dont think there is actually evidence to say Gwyn could burn out. Sure keeping the flame lit is taking stuff from him but it might not be able to run out.
    • What might Gwyndolin do in that case? Same as the demons. He's got no reason to move around. He'll sit in Anor Londo punishing sins.
    • Given another 100 years might Pinwheel's power stealing amount to something non-pathetic? Yes it could. He's obviously researching something so its quite possible he'd have a breakthrough.
    • What terrible knowledge might Seath gain with more time to study and abduct test subjects? AS the demons, he's had 1000 years to do stuff. Another hundred might not make a difference.
    • Would the Serpent men begin to expand too if they have more time to increase in numbers and humans weaken? Getting off Lordran is tricky and the serpent men are servants of Seath. Unless he wants ot move (and why would he) they'll probably stick to Lordran.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:17 am

the question i have is, would lautic have succeeded in his quest and what would the results have been?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 am

Tell me what Lautrec's quest is first winking
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:32 am

i think he wants to put out all the flames....... that or kill ALL the gods
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:33 am

Then no he wouldn't. He's strong but there's no evidence he's taken on Dolin yet and there would reach a point where he hit a DM powerful (or lucky) enough to kill him despite his allies.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:09 am

About the demons thing:
    * I always feel like Quelaag's web-house-thing blocks the entrance to the demon ruins and disallows them from leaving.
    Let's build a little scenario here: Maybe when the chosen undead (i am disappoint in my spellchecker for not knowing the word undead) stays away for a couple more centuries, the fair lady will die from her blight-pus induced illness and Quelaag might leave her domain, since she doesn't need to take care of her sister anymore. That leaves the web-thing uninhabited and subject to decay. Over time, the passage might open up and allow the demons to expand into blighttown. From there, the taurus demons and chubby demons (you don't see those in the demon ruins (other than the firesage) but they have to come from somewhere) will be too big to continue, but the capra demons might climb the wooden platforms and escape into the rest of Lordran!

The other answers mostly overlap with Doughguy, but i'll list them anyways:
    * It's debatable whether Gwyn can burn out. When a human dies of old age, is that his soul burning out? If so, Gwyn's soul (since he doesn't have a lord soul anymore) could burn out too. And since the witch of Izalith isn't around anymore to make a third one, that will end the age of fire. But as i said, debatable.
    * I don't think there's anything else Gwyndolin can do. If he could, he wouldn't be hiding behind an illusion of his sister silly He'll prolly just continue doing what he does until all his followers are gone. Which once the age of darkness comes, is only a matter of time.
    * I think people have been debating whether Pinwheel stealing Nito's power was a one time act or if he continues to do so until the chosen undead kills him. I'm not sure if they ever came to a conclusion. If it's the second option, then a couple more ages might give him enough power to become worthy of the title boss silly
    * From what i've seen, Seaths experiments are more an act of madness than an act of science lately. It's unlikely that he'll discover anything. He had almost a millenium (who knows when exactly he went crazy) of sanity to find a way to create the scales of immortality and didn't succeed. Best he can do right now is create more messed up creatures.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 am

Lautrec dies at some point. We can find his corpse so my guess is his quest wasn't ultimately successful.

So my question is for Dough since it's about his bromance. What would happen to Oscar's stuff? Would the chosen undead never get a sweet sweet cup of Tang?
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 pm

On civilization collapsing, from the Balder description:

Balder was the homeland of the Knight
    King Rendal, but it came to ruin after a
    great many Undead were spawned.

So we know that Balder (whether a part of a kingdom or a kingdom itself) has collapsed due to numbers of undead. When I talk about collapse I am thinking about it happening elsewhere. The impression is that the Undead/Hollow problem is getting worse.

Good points about the demons being a one-time thing. Though the merchant's dialogue makes me think otherwise. However I had never thought about Quelaag blocking the demons before. That's a really interesting idea.

skarekrow13 wrote:So my question is for Dough since it's about his bromance. What would happen to Oscar's stuff? Would the chosen undead never get a sweet sweet cup of Tang?
    I'm not Dough but.... Maybe a future Chosen Undead would find those items lying on the ground or something. Or maybe the first boss of the game would be hollowed-Oscar.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:23 pm

I think that if the chaos demons had any significant drive to expand then they'd have already killed Quelagg and/or the Fair Lady. There aren't even any in Blighttown aside from her lower half.
    Lautrec explicitly devotedly served at least one goddess, Fina. We have evidence that suggests he may be seeking to topple the others-or he may not. Regardless, we already know that he's capable of escaping his prison in the Undead Church because he will if you don't save him. He doesn't, however, seem to be anywhere near capable of slaying any of the near-endgame bosses, (without leveling up) though that's only something for him to be concerned about if he even plans on attacking/killing any of them. As far as we know, he DOES succeed in his mission if you don't kill him. (or who knows? perhaps he still succeeds, even upon his death)
    The one of those that I think has the greatest potential for change with the lack of the Chosen Undead is Pinwheel; as far as we know, he/she/they might have eventually stolen enough power from multiple deities' and Lords' souls for he/she/them to become more powerful than a full-fledged Lord's soul bearer.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 am

Assuming the flame won't completely burn out with Gwyn there:

The undead continue mindlessly wandering around, falling off cliffs and getting eaten by the demons/drakes. In time, these creatures (at least the drakes) would start looking for more food and likely end up attacking and killing a decent number of live humans. The Bridge Wyvern is practically a full-blown dragon, it seems unlikely that there is any force in the human realms "currently" able to stop it.

Given enough time, the undead would most likely rot away entirely or continue to plummit/get eaten, and humans would likely try to retake Lordran, assuming they could fend off the drakes, demons, and any lingering undead.

If Gwyn CAN burn out, and assuming he does so, my best bet is that the world returns to a completely lifeless state.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:28 am

@Skare. Well Oscar is a chosen undead in his own right really. So technically he wouldn't appear for a few centuries either. Assuming though that he did appear but you didn't he'd likely be looking around and not find anyone to continue his quest and simply go hollow with the tang on him.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:51 am

Shkar wrote:If Gwyn CAN burn out, and assuming he does so, my best bet is that the world returns to a completely lifeless state.
    Extinguishing the flame and not relighting it is exactly what happens if you pick the dark lord ending of the game, and that's what the primordial serpents want. We know little of the age of darkness, but it won't be lifeless, for the primordial serpents will remain.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 am

Good answers on the Tang!

What would happen with the two crying Pisacas? Would they eventually suck it up and go do something or would they still be crying?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:08 pm

I think in time they'd slowly lose the final parts of their sanity and become viscous Pisaca's like the rest of them.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:39 am

DoughGuy wrote:I think in time they'd slowly lose the final parts of their sanity and become viscous Pisaca's like the rest of them.
    Viscous? They would flow?

Are Pisacas good dancers?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:22 am

Yes. But only to creepy, dissonant music. They're the innovators of "stair dancing"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am