Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Thoughts on my first build

Jwebby6
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

Thoughts on my first build Empty Thoughts on my first build

Post by Jwebby6 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:01 pm

I've had Dark Souls since release, but I never really got into te PvP (mainly because I was clueless). Anywho, I am just wrapping up my first successful build. It is a str/int hybrid with an emphasis on buffs.

The stats are as follows:

Starting class: Pyromancer
    SL-125
    Vit- 40
    Att- 14
    End- 39
    Str- 50
    Dex- 10
    Res- 12
    Int- 35
    Fth- 8

Lh1- Grass Crest Shield Rh1- Man Serpent Greatsword OR Demon's Greataxe (depends on my mood)

Lh2- Tin Crystallization Catalyst. Rh2- Pyromancy flame (Unascended)

Rings- Havel's and Wolf ring

Armor- I switch between the Paladin and Iron Golem sets. The armor set up depends on which weapon I'm using.
    *all upgradeable equipment is +15 in the standard path (paladin set is an exception. All pieces are +5)*

Spell slots- Power Within, Crystal Magic Weapon, and Hidden Weapon OR Chameleon

Well that's my build. I usually just cast Power Within, Crystal Magic Weapon, and attempt to eliminate the host before my health runs out. The build can deal massive damage and I have been winning most of my matches due to sheer power and overall intimidation.

The only bad thing about the build is smart PvPers. A lot of people will underestimate the damage capabilities of Power Within and try to BS me. But occasionally a smart player will run away until I die from the HP loss.

This is my first ever PvP build. What do you guys think? Things I could do better, things you like, things you don't like? All comments are welcome.

Thanks,
    Jwebby6

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Thoughts on my first build Empty Re: Thoughts on my first build

Post by User1 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Nice build you've got! I've got a dex version of it, which has the same fighting style (buff first) and I love it! I found out about this type of build from EpicNameBro, one of my favourite Youtubers.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Looks like a solid build. Maybe... the lack of ranged attacks. You could fix that by just changing Chameleon/Hidden Weapon for Soul Spear. And the Wolf Ring it's not that helpful, you should switch it for another ring like Lingering Dragon Crest Ring which makes buff last a little bit longer. Or if you think 30ish extra seconds of buff it's not worth it then you could use RoFaP and have a lot of extra health and stamina plus some equip weight.
    Jwebby6
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Jwebby6 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:34 pm

@Renegadecop -I was considering a dex build but I really like the Demon's Greataxe. My original intentions were to allow for more casting abilities (crystal soul spear, mainly), but Power Within is just so damn addicting. I got so used to using it that I just went ahead and centered my entire build around it. I too enjoy EpicNameBro's vids.

@chizfreak -that's actually a really good idea..I never really thought too much about it. I'll definitely try it out, thanks!
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:14 pm

35 int is either too much or too little. You need 36 for soul spear or 44 for CSS, otherwise 32 is all you need for persuers/TCC to use CMW

Typically I'd say 50str is overkill since *most* of the time you'll want to 2H the DGA anyway. (Or if you so felt you fould bring a DK weapon as well, they weigh a ton but the 2Hr2s when buffed are truly terrifying.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 pm

If the build is focused on buffs then why not the Lingering DC Ring? Longer-lasting PW and CMW, what's not to like?

Also, 35 INT seems odd; especially when you account for the fact that 36 INT grants you access to Soul Spear.
    Jwebby6
    Jwebby6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Jwebby6 Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:01 pm

In that case, I'll probably just spend one more level into int. As for the DK weapons, I have devised a tricky tactic that involves hidden weapon. DK Greataxe +5, hidden weapon + power within, and 2hR2 is pretty nasty. Still not sure wether or not to go ahead and put one more point into int for soul spear. Does anyone have any suggestions for long range effectiveness other than soul spear?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:12 am

Composite bow +15 Silver Knight Spear

these are the best options IMO

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 am