Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discoveries you only made recently.

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 20 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Odinbear on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:52 pm

o&S fight. You can aggro Ornstein to stay at the fog gate and try and attack you on other side ( if phantom)

Just saw a phantom stay outside the fight/ fog gate and Orstein stayed at the gate poking his sword into the fog gate while me and the host beat up Smough.

In a world with so few RULES, its always rough when someone plays in a way you think is unfair. Get over it.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 20 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ublug on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Odinbear wrote:Just saw a phantom stay outside the fight/ fog gate and Orstein stayed at the gate poking his sword into the fog gate while me and the host beat up Smough.
    lol
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:25 pm

I just experienced why no one wants to fight Super Ornz. That man is a wizard!

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    argetlam213
    argetlam213
    Regular
    Regular

Post by argetlam213 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Super Ornstein is really easy once you know his attacks.

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 pm

*crotch-shot crotch-shot crotch-shot*

Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:02 pm

I'm not talking about regular Super Ornz, he's pretty damn easy, I always go for him, but I co-opped him with two phantoms and he decided to teleport all over the place and switch up his attacks mid animation. Pretty crazy.

1) It's not about you.
    2) If you try to make it about you, you'll sound ridiculous.

Steve Jobs:
    Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:04 pm

ublug wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread for these things, but I'll post it here anyway.
    I just found a 'out-of-map' location in the undead asylum. If you jump from the platform above the asylum demon (where you plunge attack him from), you can jump through the windows on either side. The angle is a bit tricky, and you must land on top of the statues to get to the other side.
    I made a new character and have tried to get to the stray demon (without leaving the asylum), but I can't find any place to clip through his roof yet 😢

I was wondering about this when I was up there looking at those statues. It looked like there were open hallways or something behind them. Do they go anywhere?

Casual
    Casual

Post by RePaused on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:09 pm

I have to try this thing with the asylum soon.

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 20 4513677+_9c9f994f2cbf434975377f29e366695fDiscoveries you only made recently. - Page 20 4514010+_2da926c3a720e09bd6531a672aae1c9eDiscoveries you only made recently. - Page 20 Opjoopie+rolls+07+Magical+spaghetti+fork+help+me+roll+48+_48623ac161aa8ede74551c8e4acccc8aDiscoveries you only made recently. - Page 20 Actually+they+don+t+evolve.+Evolution+takes+place+over+many+_35234b8309082c1b0d85cf6c27ddeb7b
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:45 pm

befowler wrote:I was wondering about this when I was up there looking at those statues. It looked like there were open hallways or something behind them. Do they go anywhere?
    I have mostly tried on the right side window, but there's only untextured space behind. You end up on top of the hallway to the second bonfire, from there you can drop down and land on the roof above stray, or on a small patch of land on the cliff outside. I was trying to get into stray's arena without killing the asylum demon, but couldn't find a way. It's also easy to get permanently stuck on top of the pillars since the ceilings are vaulted.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:08 pm

That O&S are pretty easy

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [i]Huehuehue.[/i]
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 pm

I remember hearing something on here about blocking people and how that keeps them from invading or w/e, is that true? I kept getting repeat invaded by some dark magic cannon and eventually I blocked them and didn't see them again, although maybe they just got tired.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:21 pm

It is true

TIGER UPPERCUT!

PSN: PlasticAndRage
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:02 am

I just now figured out that if you kill Gwynevere fast enough, and use the bonfire to leave. You can come back to Anor Londo with her dead and without making Anor Londo dark. twisted
    If you come back into the chamber for ten or so seconds though, it becomes dark.

Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:21 am

jaythibodeau wrote:I just now figured out that if you kill Gwynevere fast enough, and use the bonfire to leave. You can come back to Anor Londo with her dead and without making Anor Londo dark. twisted
    If you come back into the chamber for ten or so seconds though, it becomes dark.

Do you get the Lordvessel if you kill her immediately after O&S without Anor going dark ?
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:28 am

Marino. wrote:
    jaythibodeau wrote:I just now figured out that if you kill Gwynevere fast enough, and use the bonfire to leave. You can come back to Anor Londo with her dead and without making Anor Londo dark. twisted

Do you get the Lordvessel if you kill her immediately after O&S without Anor going dark ?
    Hmmmm..... I haven't tried that. I've always gotten the Lord Vessel first. I might go test this on my next play through.

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:31 am

If you kill her before you talk to her she drops the Lord Vessel. 99% sure.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:35 am

PlasticandRage wrote:If you kill her before you talk to her she drops the Lord Vessel. 99% sure.

Make that 100% Plastic .

But do you get it before or after it goes Dark ?
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 am

PlasticandRage wrote:If you kill her before you talk to her she drops the Lord Vessel. 99% sure.
    Do you just get it, or do you pick it up?

Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:46 am

If I had to guess I'd say before, if you can run out of the room before it goes dark. Usually for drops that go right into your inventory when the things carrying them die, they go immediately. Think about bosses you kill that drop things that jump right into your inventory. Some of them have scenes that play when you kill them, and when the scenes fade back you already have the dialogue box up on screen, telling you the items you got.

You just get it I think. She's laying up on that couch on the raised platform you can't climb up onto. So if she dropped a pickup, you'd have no way to go up and get it.

TIGER UPPERCUT!

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:49 am

Yeah, you get the Message that you have the LV now and immediatly afterwards the cutscene occurs .

I try it out next time i get there .

jaythibodeau:
    Its added to your Inventory automatically, just like when you defeat a Boss you get the Boss Soul .
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:50 am

Ah, that makes sense. Too bad this doesn't really serve a purpose though. 😢

Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:52 am

Useless stuff is the most fun stuff lol
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:56 am

True, plus it feels good killing Gwynevere with no Darkmoons having to invade. twisted
    Er, so long as it doesn't go dark. Do you get any sin?

Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:04 am

Honestly .
    I have no Clue how Sin works .

But as long as it isnt Dark you shouldnt be invaded by DMs constantly like in Dark Anor
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:01 am

densetsushun wrote:I co-opped him with two phantoms and he decided to teleport all over the place and switch up his attacks mid animation. Pretty crazy.

i get this aaaallll the time, quite annoying since it sometimes causes him to 1-shot me from out of nowhere lol. is it a lag/connection issue?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Community Articles

Current date/time is Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:53 am