Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+110
lextune
User1
excessivegamer
Orango19
NPCWhiteMage
Hugh_G_Johnson
SpecialNewb
Bloodpact91
Hatsune Miku
scalpfarmer
FullSpe3D
Lancelot
WaLKA
Hyena
IIdoneus
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
Kyuseishu
Acarnatia
morte
Hallsey
Rynn
Casdman
JoeBroski09
Dr_Disco
Kyōkai
X-government-agent
Longshot
Soris Ice Goldwing
DMC
Saturday-Saint
Emergence
BeeSeaEss
JumpsU3vs1
Fry1156
jankenneth_10
Automancer
dsg78gaming
Mike5005005
TheAshenPhantom
BLA1NE
Demon Slayer
BagerX2
jaythibodeau
deadagain
VaDoom
Gazman0169
KingSeekerCow
Odinbear
SenseOfSecurity
Myztyrio
RePaused
argetlam213
Relbaic
FlorisFreakshow
WandererReece
LK-8912
psychichobo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Marionx
Alex_Fairhurst
Gambs_the_Grey
kaa0skrisse
Kerberos-013
Everynevers
Flankydizzle
Zephryl
Uparkaam
ublug
Murkulanvippi
Green__Eagle
Jester's Tears
largestember
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Reaperfan
bla
Bioraptor
Djem
steveswede
Hue
Sloth9230
firefighter_raven
CappuccinoJak
RedderAI
defacto
ryan0wens
Nybbles
SlakeMoth
densetsushun
Oh_the_Humanity
GkMrBane
EeAyEss
befowler
ChizFreak
lonewolf
Dante_000
lalliman
raecor14
Sentiel
PlasticandRage
hey its andres
Aznul
Ashran
The Letter X
fujiphoenix
Serious_Much
Marino.
Hydreigon11
GenericUsername
114 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 22 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Hue Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:30 pm

BLA1NE wrote:@Bager
    Sadly the shield is actually way too far for it to have gotten there by Patches falling, but one can fantasize!

It might be light enough to glide there, with a lot of luck, and wind
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 22 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Marino. Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Hachouma wrote:
    Sadly the shield is actually way too far for it to have gotten there by Patches falling, but one can fantasize!

But it is well, on a Corpse lol!

Unless you say an unfortunate soul was crushed by it
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:

But it is well, on a Corpse lol!

Unless you say an unfortunate soul was crushed by it

Well, we assumed a cleric from Thorolund went from the tomb of giants to firelink shrine, died and had his greatshield glide to a 2 meter wide sloped walkway on the side of a giant bridge hundreds of meters away.

One more "unfortunate" soul wouldn't change much at this point.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:43 pm

BagerX2 wrote:Why would you wish harm on trusty patches? He followed you from demon souls to dark souls to provide you products at a reasonable price.

High practices price gouging. He also tried to kill me three times. Twice in Demon's and once in Dark. (Actually twice in Dark. Once I answered yes to his cleric question.)

lol!
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Patches? He's such a good bloke, I can't believe it! Even warns you about Lautrec, Shiva and Petrus.

I discovered that Nito has a grab attack. In one fight he tried to do it four times, which is odd - never seen it before. Also worryingly, it looks like he's about to probe you with a single, glowing red finger. Eep.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:18 pm

^I think some bosses save some of their moves for NG+ playthroughs. Like the Bed of Chaos raining fireballs from the ceiling. I'm not sure I'd seen it in NG, or extremely rarely, but it's not that rare in NG+s.

@Bager

Well he is convenient for reaching low areas without taking fall damage! Only when there's a cutscene and no rotating bridge involved, though.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 pm

I Discovered that you cannot make Shields Chaos sad
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:49 pm

On NG++++ at the gargoyle church, Solaire and Lautrec are better than human players for trolling invaders. I stumbled on this by accident, an Invader spawned right next to Solaire Summon Sign when I was going to the boss. So I decided to hang out with them for a while.

SL200, I came up the back way from Darkroot Basin, summoned both of them and then let them clear the church and the entire Undead Burg around the church. The Boar, Blk Knight, all the Hollows, 4 Invaders and the Gargoyle Bosses. All in 1 try, those guys are BEASTS!

Solaire died in the Gargoyle boss fight, Lautrec survived, but Solaire did a lot of work on the Boar and Blk Knight. When we charged the Boar area, the hollow that closes the gate made it to the lever and pulled the gate down, but Lautrec followed and killed him. Then Solaire and I were separated from Lautrec, we continued on all the way around the other way back to the church. Lautrec pathed all the way around the burg eventually finding us and rejoining. There was also and Invader in my game this whole time, who eventually was killed. We took out 4 Invaders total before killing the boss.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:08 pm

^ It seems like Lautrec almost always outlives Solaire, which really surprises me, considering Solaire has a shield. Almost every time I've summoned them for long periods of time Lautrec has survived for much longer. He completely destroyed an invader for me once. I'd been fighting him in the large room where you first meet Domhnall, and Lautrec hadn't gotten there yet. The invader just happened to have his back to the door when he came jogging out, hit him with a 2 hit combo, and then BSed him, killing him.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Hollow Theif hood Completely darkens your characters face. It's kinda cool looking
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:20 pm

TheAshenPhantom wrote:Hollow Theif hood Completely darkens your characters face. It's kinda cool looking

It is even more drastic when Hollowed.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Man I dont care, patches is a boss to survive the cross dementional journey and tomb of the giants. So he did try to kill me, he said he was sorry...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:04 am

The Letter X wrote:
    TheAshenPhantom wrote:Hollow Theif hood Completely darkens your characters face. It's kinda cool looking

It is even more drastic when Hollowed.

I actually like it when you're summoned as a white phantom it looks like the light at the end of the tunnel. winking

Also, what?!? You can't make shields Chaos? Man, I'm clueless... Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 22 2707236321
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 am

Why would you want to make any shield, other than attack shields, chaos anyway? Shields have no chaos protection stat, so literally the only thing you'd be enhancing would be there attack, which is only helpful for a handful of shields anyway.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 am

Don't want to, I always go normal path with shields. It's just very curious that you can make every type of shield but that type.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:12 am

You can get an extra pendant by killing people in the forest covenant... :pendant:
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:26 am

Ashran wrote:You can get an extra pendant by killing people in the forest covenant... :pendant:
    Perhaps if you get 99 of them... :bas:
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Ashran wrote:You can get an extra pendant by killing people in the forest covenant... :pendant:
    Perhaps if you get 99 of them... :bas:

I'm pretty sure there someone somewhere who farmed them, throughout the NG+'s, or a hacker, who edited them into his inventory.

There can't be secrets in a PC game
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:59 am

I've had 99 of them for a while. I'm still waiting to find something honestly.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 am

I just discovered that when I grab the Asylum West key from the top of the structure in Firelink, that I don't need to jump down and ride the elevator back up to climb to the crows nest.

From the top of the building you can roll back unto an area that is at the base of the stairs to the crows nest.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:11 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Don't want to, I always go normal path with shields. It's just very curious that you can make every type of shield but that type.
    That's not entirely true. Shields can be made into any type that can be directly ascended from the normal path, so: normal, fire, lightning, magic and divine. But no chaos, occult or enchanted.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:I just discovered that when I grab the Asylum West key from the top of the structure in Firelink, that I don't need to jump down and ride the elevator back up to climb to the crows nest.

From the top of the building you can roll back unto an area that is at the base of the stairs to the crows nest.

Nice, I hate doubling back to the elevator. Will have to look for that.

Another one that I noticed yesterday on my str build was that I can't switch my weapon from 2-handed to 1-handed or vice-versa unless I have positive stamina (even though it doesn't seem to cost any stamina to do it). Never noticed this on my low stamina cost dex builds and thought my controller was why I was having problems switching or blocking.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:15 pm

I can't quote your post Befolwer? Anyway, I noticed that too, depleting your stamina prevents you from switching from 2H to 1H until you have a tiny bit again.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:23 pm

About this Chaos Shield thingie .

I wanted to make Elemental Bonewheel Shields, one Chaos and one Lightning . Now i only have 2 boring lightning Bonewheel Shields sad
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:16 pm

That unlike the broken sword hilt, the normal broken sword even has a acabbard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am