Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Demi_God0415
Yarxov
befowler
CrackSouls
BLA1NE
Danthuyer
Maneater_Mildred
eneq
Unforseen
PlasticandRage
14 posters

Effective Crossbreed Priscilla Method

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Effective Crossbreed Priscilla Method Empty Effective Crossbreed Priscilla Method

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:24 pm

I'm on my 4th play through and I still hadn't managed to get Priscilla's dagger. So this time I was going to just try until she was low on health and then let her kill me to try again over and over, and I figured out a really effective method that I don't see described anywhere on the wiki or the forum. After she becomes invisible put on the Fog and Slumbering Dragoncrest Rings and run and hide by a pillar. As long as you don't move she wont be able to find you and she walks to the center and just stands there. Shoot her with an arrow or two from your hiding spot and she reappears. I just tried it 3 times. Worked every time. Got me the Dagger finally too.
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Effective Crossbreed Priscilla Method Empty Re: Effective Crossbreed Priscilla Method

Post by Unforseen Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:26 pm

I normally manage to get it on the first encounter, I walk up behind her, 2-hand my weapon, and R2 it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Effective Crossbreed Priscilla Method Empty Re: Effective Crossbreed Priscilla Method

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:32 pm

Well pin a rose on your nose
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 pm

I was explaining my effective Crossbreed Priscilla Method as well, sir.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Been a few of these threads but in short this seems to be a few ways;

1. Lightning damage
    2. Bleed damage

Use low damage weapons and hit her a few times (5-10, I used Kirks Barbed Straight Swiord), if she doesnt go visible quit and reload (youll spawn outside the fog gate), rinse and repeat.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 pm

I'd tried all kinds of stuff before this. I just think its a bit of sweet revenge that you can fight fire with fire. I had actually tried the low damage weapon method for a good half an hour right before trying my described method. I hit her with the notched whip probably 30 times and she just stayed invisible
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Nice way to beat her at her own game, nice find, thanks for sharing. Bow
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:46 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I'm on my 4th play through and I still hadn't managed to get Priscilla's dagger. So this time I was going to just try until she was low on health and then let her kill me to try again over and over, and I figured out a really effective method that I don't see described anywhere on the wiki or the forum. After she becomes invisible put on the Fog and Slumbering Dragoncrest Rings and run and hide by a pillar. As long as you don't move she wont be able to find you and she walks to the center and just stands there. Shoot her with an arrow or two from your hiding spot and she reappears. I just tried it 3 times. Worked every time. Got me the Dagger finally too.

sneaky approach I like it happy well done

I might try this tonight as I have never received this dagger and I would like to add it to my collection of weapons.

Thanks for the tip
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:19 am

If anyone could test this, it could be a good way to take off the tail:

AoE spells.

Pyro, WoG, or even Soul Spears could do the trick very easily.

I say this because on my Mage character I once got it without trying (what was I going to do with Priscilla's Dagger on a mage with base dex? lol). Hit her with a CSS and the thing just fell off. Then a friend summoned me, and I killed her with only 2 or 3 spears while she was invisible, so I sent a message to apologize about missing the tail and he said he got it. You just don't see the loot when you're a phantom.

So try spells, it might work really well.

(Come to think of it, I think Soul Spears work because they go through bodies. Probably goes through and hits the tail on its way out the back!)
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:13 am

It'd be pretty easy to test. I mean if it works on one tail logically it should work on another right?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:33 am

Yeah, not so much testing as confirming, I guess! I just can't, because I lent my game to a friend... Otherwise I'd have cut 10 tails by now. silly
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:54 am

I'm definitely going to try that soon!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:09 pm

I got it first try by letting a summon attack her tail for a while (she doesn't aggro) and then when I hit it the first swing popped it right off, after which she then started attacking. Used a basic claymore attack. I think it's in the wiki
    Danthuyer
    Danthuyer
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Danthuyer Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:50 pm

sorry to say but i didnt attempt Priscilla in this method the other night, I was too focused on getting the tail off instead
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:02 pm

My first encounter with Priscillica ended in me chickening out because I knew she was half dragon and only saw the human half, I figured she was something like Qualaag and didn't want to lose all my stuff. (gotta love first playthrough)
    On my second (read: better) character that actually needed the dagger I didn't get it even though me and a phantom hacked at her tail quite a bit.
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:10 am

PlasticandRage wrote:I'm on my 4th play through and I still hadn't managed to get Priscilla's dagger. So this time I was going to just try until she was low on health and then let her kill me to try again over and over, and I figured out a really effective method that I don't see described anywhere on the wiki or the forum. After she becomes invisible put on the Fog and Slumbering Dragoncrest Rings and run and hide by a pillar. As long as you don't move she wont be able to find you and she walks to the center and just stands there. Shoot her with an arrow or two from your hiding spot and she reappears. I just tried it 3 times. Worked every time. Got me the Dagger finally too.

sir, i've been trying this to confirm but unfortunately it doesn't work. i took of any items that have a visible aura, put rings before and after she turns invisible, dashing through pillars, standing still in pillars, but still she was able to find me. i also tried putting on white and grey armours to blend more with the environment, the result is the same. it's a great method indeed but unfortunately you can't hide from her sad, it seems that she detects you the same way you detect her.

Edit: if you can give some specific method (your movements, armour, which pillar, etc.), it might work. but more likely it wouldn't.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Seems to me like the whole "Slumbering Dragonring and Seath" Works for them, just not me.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:34 pm

the key is not moving. Once shes invisible and walking around trying to slash at you put on both rings, run away from her, and hold completely still. You can move the camera around all you want. It's important that you don't physically move though. I doubt the color of your armor has anything to do with it. I'm also pretty sure that the pillars probably don't matter much either, that's just how I did it. I only did it for one fight, however I did it over and over again during that fight. 3 cycles of her losing me, walking to the middle, me shooting arrows and following up with tail slashing when she became visible, then me losing her again. If your doing it the way I'm describing it and it still isn't working I'm not sure what to tell ya
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:39 pm

The next time I get a build to this fight I'll have my roommate film it on my smart phone and I'll post a link. I feel I need to defend the fact that I'm not making this up now
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:03 pm

I might try it as well, it makes sense though since the way we track her is by her footprints so if you dont move maybe she is intended to loose track of you.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:42 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:The next time I get a build to this fight I'll have my roommate film it on my smart phone and I'll post a link. I feel I need to defend the fact that I'm not making this up now
    Be prepared for people to compare the smart phone to a toaster.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Well the toaster wins. Duh!

big grin
    Demi_God0415
    Demi_God0415
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Demi_God0415 Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:10 pm

it worked! even if you run around she will lose track of you, just wait a couple of minutes. filmed it too and will put link here tomorrow. also, it seems like this only works when she's invisible. great stuff.
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:06 am

I'll try it next time too.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:12 am

Demi_God0415 wrote:it worked! even if you run around she will lose track of you, just wait a couple of minutes. filmed it too and will put link here tomorrow. also, it seems like this only works when she's invisible. great stuff.

See? Why would I make something like that up? It worked well too didn't it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:24 am